Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Weird fun play. The Dick Knight Returns sort of scenario here.

I'm curious to see what this is all about - even if it's doubtless not canon, there's often neat gems in stuff like this that can at least filter back into canon sometimes in winks, nods, or outright usages. But you never know what those weird little quirks of Elseworld might be.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

If Tumblr or Twitter was around in the the 80's or 90's Red Son or TDKR would have never been made

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Why would people get upset at an Elseworlds title? Most should be happy he is getting enough attention to have another series.
    Not about getting a new title, but about him murdering everyone who has superpowers. Or more generally, as I heard someone else bring up today, the fact that AUs always seem to be "bad future" sorts of things as opposed to something more positive.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-09-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not about getting a new title, but about him murdering everyone who has superpowers. Or more generally, as I heard someone else bring up today, the fact that AUs always seem to be "bad future" sorts of things as opposed to something more positive.
    Well, to be frank its logical : if an Elseworld story present a better world without caveat (the Justice League here is in fact dictatorial, Vandal Savage has taken over, etc.), then it raises a problem. Why wouldn't the main universe's heroes do as their counterpart did ? Worse, if they can't, isn't it because they, the "main" heroes have failed at some point in time or aren't simply good enough to forge a better world. Hence why Elseworlds are always worse, or "equals" to the main line.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    If Tumblr or Twitter was around in the the 80's or 90's Red Son or TDKR would have never been made
    So true. That said most of anger seems to be in those places and I'm not entirely sure they read much to begin with.

Sounds super weird. I'll pass.

Easier to avoid Nazi Dick than Nazi Cap though.

Well, TDKR is mediocre as hell so there had not been a big loss.

Im game

Tumblr and Twitter fans are the reason why Dick can't have good things. Also funny but this new story for Dick reminds me of Red Son. Dick is a character that people wouldn’t see it coming and if Higgins can make the readers understand why he would lean towards that direction it's gonna be a hell of a story. Badou also made a good point, Dick really doesn't have an good alt versions of himself in comics so this might be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, TDKR is mediocre as hell so there had not been a big loss.
    ...and there are tons of people who will disagree with you - despite the hate it got like on this forum and the rather negative reviews it has a lot of fans and it sells very well.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post

...and there are tons of people who will disagree with you - despite the hate it got like on this forum and the rather negative reviews it has a lot of fans and it sells very well.
    Opinions are subjective I really dislike those kind of storylines (can't stand Old Man Logan either) and Miller is to me a poor man's Moore who despite doing something like TKJ I really enjoy his other works.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Wait, where does it say that he's murdering everyone with superpowers? The DC press release says "hunt" and "repress". At this point everything else is speculation, particularly as Higgins has said on Twitter that he hasn't gone all genocidal. I suspect we can assume that he's been just a tad misguided though.

It'd be nice to see an Elseworld that wasn't dystopian, but there might not be a lot of story to it. I think I shall at least put a tentative toe in the water for this one. If nothing else, I have a lot of fondness for the same team's Gates of Gotham.
    Last edited by jules; 05-09-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Good stuff - this is the kind of interesting, off-beat stuff that Dick Grayson normally gets killed in the first issue of rather than stars in.

All-New Member

This looks connected to the dark future we recently saw with Kate Kane and the Batmen militia ruling, no?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Opinions are subjective I really dislike those kind of storylines (can't stand Old Man Logan either) and Miller is to me a poor man's Moore who despite doing something like TKJ I really enjoy his other works.
    Well I'm glad you release it on your own because I never stated otherwise
    Elseworld stories are not for everyone. Red Son is very popular for example but a lot of his fans doesn't like the story so yes if you dislike such stories you shouldn't waste your money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DCRebirth View Post
    This looks connected to the dark future we recently saw with Kate Kane and the Batmen militia ruling, no?
    Higging said on Twitter it isn't regular DC cannon.

and now Nightwing becomes a fascist
    will be interesting to see how some fans handle this since it plays so against his type of character
    Dick is usually so above it all when it comes to stuff like this

Seems like he murdered Superman and other heroes in the preview
    http://screenrant.com/nightwing-new-order-dc-comic/
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 05-09-2017 at 01:49 PM.