Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I may sound optimistic but I really think DC learned their lesson in rebooting too much and will just stick to relaunching.
    So do I.

I think there will be a crisis-esque event after rebirth though, I have no proof, just a feeling.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Eventually, a big relaunch/reboot will happen, yes.

Let's hope it's not as screwed up as the Nu52 was.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Yup,comics are cyclical, and every 5 years need a refresh. Esp. In the current entertainment cycle?

Your old news after 6 months.

Trust me, we have not seen a "Final Crisis"

Secret Rebirth Crisis War is coming hehe

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

They really should try to stretch it out farther than they've been doing. Otherwise it will fatigue readers even further.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Reboot should not be done for 20 years, at least.
    DC did it to contrast Marvel, another reason to hate Marvel.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yup, revamps, retcons and reboots have been a part of the DCU since Superboy was retroactively introduced in 1949, which was a little over a decade since Superman's debut. Then the introduction of Barry Allen rebooted the entire DCU in 1956, with the idea that the Golden Age characters still existing on an alternate Earth not being introduced till 1961. There were regular reboots and retcons all the way to 1985 when Crisis rebooted and retconned the entire line again, then again in 1995 and 2006. The only thing that made the New 52 so different was how soon it came following the last continuity revamp and the scale of how much was rebooted.

So, yeah, the DCU will be revamped, rebooted and retconned again and again in the future. There's nothing wrong with that. Characters that have existed this long need to be refreshed, streamlined and rebooted every once and a while. The most important thing is whether or not those revamps, reboots and retcons lead to better stories. The successes and failures of the New 52 are comparable to the previous revamps, but the clean-up is going to take much longer this time around because, again, the scale of the rebooting was unlike anything since the introduction of Barry Allen. And, again, that reboot was not resolved for another 5 years, much like the New 52.

Of course they will its what they and Marvel do we just can't tell when

I don't think we'll see a straight-up reboot again COIE/New 52 style. If they ever do "start over", which I think does have appeal, it would be in another separate Earth. As far as the main, classic continuity though, revamps in the Zero Hour-like vein is assured. Its only a question of when, and the when is always decided by many factors.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Will Rebirth decline and have to be rebooted, like New 52 was?
    Most likely.

Most likely.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

Well Reboots themselves aren't really needed. Relaunched, oh of course. I don't think DC will do an outright Reboot again let alone on the scale of the New 52 for a long time.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Taking into account the comments made about the New 52 in the interview with Didio and Lee on Newsarama soon after the Rebirth special came out, about how in hindsight they should have relaunched instead of rebooted, I would say that we probably won't see a line wide reboot for a long time. (I hope)

Relaunches definitely though.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Sales right now are reaching the point that they were at before Rebirth with most titles. Worse for some like Batgirl. The Rebirth storyline culminates in 2018, and I fully expect another relaunch then, though I'd prefer that they didn't.
    Really? I haven't looked at it in detail, but a quick glance at some titles reveal that Detective Comics is still selling about 15.000 copies more than before Rebirth, The Flash has almost doubled it's sales from 35.000 to 67.000, and Green Arrow stands at 30.000 rather than 21.000. Add to that the current success of the bi-weekly schedule and it seems like Rebirth is still going strong one year into the initiative.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 05-27-2017 at 02:45 AM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Spectacular Member

Its inevitable at some stage,,but much further down the line, rebirth launched in May 2016, so I'd like to think Dc won't even think about a reboot until 2026 at the earliest, but as others have said on this thread, a sustained dip in sales would make them change their minds quick enough.

Rebirth and the method marvel use should prove beyond doubt to the dc big boys that tweaks and retcons here and there are much better long term than wholesale changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Really? I haven't looked at it in detail, but a quick glance at some titles reveal that Detective Comics is still selling about 15.000 copies more than before Rebirth, The Flash has almost doubled it's sales from 35.000 to 67.000, and Green Arrow stands at 30.000 rather than 21.000. Add to that the current success of the bi-weekly schedule and it seems like Rebirth is still going strong one year into the initiative.
    you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Flash is also much better than it was in New 52. Flash has more cultural relevance than he's had in a long time. Rebirth just took good advantage of it