Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default How much do you spend on comic books?

Whenever you have the time to go to a comic book shop, how much do you usually spend for old stuff Even new stuff? T shirts, posters, old action figures you buy from the comic shop but old action figures like g.I. Joe and Terminator 2 Kenner figures still in cards get a little expensive.

For me I spend up to 84 bucks every time on old back issues and new comics whenever I go to the comic shop once every few months

It's not the old back issues that cost alot, it's the new comics that are spendy at 3-4 bucks Marvel mostly. That and the new trades too cost alot too such as a Marvel Epic Collection even the 16 dollar price for DC Rebirth trades etc

BANNED

Plus the comic book shop I go to once every few months when I have the chance it has a back issue sale 17 for 20 bucks.

If I wasn't paying extra for new stuff I'd save money by mostly the back issue sale and stick with catching up on the classic good stuff such as,Nightstalkers, Ghost Rider, 1990s Barman stuff and alot of catching up to do with original Generation X and Amazing Spider Man. Even the mid late 1990s JLA I really missed out on

Astonishing Member

About £40 a week 3 times a month

Think that's about 50 $

Last week of the month tends to be about half that

But simply for space reasons and marvel cancellations it's dropping by 25% soonish

Any old stuff I get at comic fairs in the area every 3 months or so

Something like 30 bucks per month, give or take.

40 sometimes. (Amazing Spider-man, Spawn and some DC titles)

Roughly about 20-30 a week, but I'm looking to cut it down a bit(maybe around 60 a month). For Marvel I'm pretty much going to limit myself to X-Men Blue/Gold, Invincible Iron Man(once Bendis is gone) and maybe Doctor Strange once Aaron's run is far past/irrelevant to the story. Having a harder time making cuts for DC.

Well, i only get three books (Jean Grey, Ms Marvel and X-men Blue), so around like 12-16 bucks per month.

I try to keep it around $40-50 a month. Sometimes it's less on months where not a lot of the Image books I read are being shipped.. sometimes it's more if I want to pick up back issues, trades, boxes, bags, etc.

Somewhere between $28-40 a month depending on how big my pull is. Almost never go beyond 10 titles.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 05-07-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Well all I can say is that the 17 for 20 dollars back issue sale is cheaper than the new stuff these days by Marvel.

17 for 20 is a good way to really catch up on classics like Nightstalkers, Alf, Alpha Flight or any old comic book series.

For me it fluctuates on how many times I'm able to go to the shop that month, or how many books are there for me to pick up, or if I find some on sale, but for the most part I tend to spend between $12-22 per visit.

Unless there's a too-good-to-pass-up digital sale, I try not to spend more than $25 a week on single issues and trades. Despite how the signature looks (online orders tend to arrive in chunks), I usually come in under or close to budget.

I try to keep it around 80 dollars a month, maybe a little bit more depending. My week to week shop trip usually includes the single issues I get that week and a trade. Seeing as I only get 4-5 comics a month, it's easy to sneak out with less than 20 dollars a week. But I'm starting to get more into trades, which are a greater value. I'm reading more comics for less money than I did when I was getting 15 to 20 books a month.

About $20 a week, sometimes more when Marvel double ships something or if I ordered some exclusive figurine.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

$20-$30 a week, balanced out by some weeks spending less than $10. Just kinda depends when stuff gets released.

With news and trades, 200/month