Page 275 of 308 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4616

The address for the Skyler Samuels reddit talk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._of_the_frost/
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-23-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Here is the thing at this point fans should focus on talking about the show if they care and want a possible second season, because there is a lack of discussion compared to last season which is hurting. Once things start in the field and the action starts driving the soap and the ideological schism starts feeling real lets see what it does to debate and the ratings.
    I talk about the show a lot but my opinions seem to be in the minority and I get enormous pushback so it's sort of beginning to deter me from bothering to engage

The address for the Skyler Samuels reddit talk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._of_the_frost/
    I was unable to participate but I did read through her answers. Didn't really learn much but at least people that questioned her seemed nice and good fans of her/the show.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 10-11-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

ok Skyler question begin

Who do you hang out with the most outside of work among the cast of The Gifted?

Honestly, we all see each other all together on a pretty regular basis. So the answer is everyone. But I guess Stephen Moyer, Natalie and Amy and I are neighbors so I do see them frequently. And Jamie Chung has a dog who is best friends with my dog so we also spend a lot of time together LOL.

Which part of being the frost sisters you love the most? And Skyler you are the best!

Thank you! I love that i'm always challenged playing the sisters, especially since they're each evolving in their own ways. It gives me a lot to play with at work, I really enjoy it

If you could work with any actor and actress living or dead who would you choose?

Ugh, there are so many! All right I'm gonna give you a few in a list in no particular order:
    1. Jack Nicholson
    2. Maryl Streep
    3. Amy Poehler
    4. Steve Carrell
    5. Oprah

Is it weird watching the show and seeing 3 of yourself together? Haha I love when they talk in unison

Sometimes it is a little weird but to be honest, when it's all edited and comes together, it feels like I'm watching someone else. It takes a shift to be like, "oh yeah, that's three Skylers!"

Did you know who you were auditioning for when you auditioned or did you fined out when you got the role?

I auditioned with dummy sides and when I was in the audition room, one of the scenes had 3 different female dialogue but the note at the top said "please read all the female roles" and when I read that I did them all as one character. But then the casting director said to read them all as 3 different people, "more like triplets." And I was like triplets? And so I had to switch it up on the fly but got the role and found out the role later and I'm so happy because this is most fun character I've played to date.

Will we see how the Frost Sisters Met Up With Reva?

I can't answer that question exactly without giving too much away, but we will get to learn more about Reeva and the Frost Sisters' dynamic behind closed doors.

Which mutant would you love to see make an appearance on the show who hasn't yet and do you have a favorite mutant other than the frost sisters?

I think it would be fun, and I don't know if this would ever happen, but it'd be really cool to have a character related to Wolverine.

really liked scream queens and now the gifted. how's your day going?

My day is going great! Just did a couple of talk show appearances and now I get to come home and hang out with my mom!

What part of Season 2 of the Gifted are you looking forward to the most?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Esme's relationship to her sisters changes. There's a lot of pressure on the sisters this season and it's only a matter of time until that pressure catches up to them...

How can you tell the difference between the sisters?

There's little hints to tell the sisters apart so I use them to keep them separate. Sophie has the highest speaking voice and has her left hand over her right hand. Esme sounds the most like me and has her arms crossed and Pheobe has the raspiest voice and has her hand on her hip.

What do you look for in a relationship?

Honesty... And unlike the Frost Sisters, NO MENTAL MANIPULATION... but, actually.

What is the Frost sisters relationship to Polaris this season?

The sisters between the 3 of them, we start to see a little bit of a faction. When they're all together, they're trying to keep Polaris engaged in their mission. But as the season goes on, we might see Esme and Polaris make a little alliance on their own.
    Last edited by juan678; 10-12-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Big fan of your character(s)! I’m just wondering how the special effects are achieved, especially in scenes where you can see all three of you saying the same thing at once. Is this just green screening? Multiple layers? How do they get the lighting right?

So this going to be a few parts:
    1. there's a few different ways we shoot the triplets. the first tool is that we work with two different actresses, they dress up with me and read the parts.
    2. we do a lot of split screens, similar to green screens, they'll stitch me in digitally later so i'm looking at myself.
    3. we have an on-set digital FX team that after a take they can show what it looks like to have all 3 of me on the screen so it's instantly gratifying to see the payoff.

If you could actually have any mutant power, what would it be?

I would love to time travel, that would be fun! If there was a way to do it and make sure I could come back to my own time that would be good. I'd go all over, Marie Antoinette era in France and the Roaring 20s in New York and even the 70s in London. There's all sorts of periods I'd love to go to!

if you weren’t playing the Frost Sisters, who would you want to play?
    Also, this being a Marvel show, who’s your favorite Marvel character?

I love your username because I love kale chips in real life.
    if I weren't playing the Frost Sisters, it'd be really fun to play Emma Frost. I don't know if that will have a role on The Gifted but I'm very interested in that family dynamic and that would be fun.

However, my favorite Marvel character is Captain America. Mostly because I have a crush on Chris Evans, but who doesn't?

Hey, Miss Samuels! Big fan of your work on the first season of Scream Queens! What was your favorite scene to shoot from that first season?

There was a scene where Keke Palmer and I were in a convenience store and I had to shoot a stun gun which was pretty funny. It was a bedazzled pink stun gun so it was the girliest thing you've ever seen. It was ridiculous but so funny.

Could you tell us more about how you came to have Matey and how he lost his eye? Can you speak a little about your Instagram quote about the two most important days of a persons life and what that quote means to you? Thanks!

I rescued Matey (my dog) 3 and half years ago when I was working in New Orleans. I found him in a shelter where he had been left and at the time I met him, he had two eyes, but one was super infected and it seemed like he experienced some abuse. It was pretty clear early on that we would have to remove the infected eye. He also didn't have all of his teeth, he had this snaggletooth. So with the one eye and the snaggletooth, it was only right to call him Matey.

For the quote, I'm a big believer in finding and believing in your own purpose in life. I don't always think it's just one thing, I think our purpose changes depending on the season of our life. But to me, that quote really captures two of the best things that life has to offer: life itself, and the fact that we can discover why we're here and our purpose in the world. And I think that's a pretty phenomenal thing.
    Are you going to be going to any cons soon?

I would really like too! I'm working on scheduling a few of those. We finish filming in a little less than two months, so when we're done I will definitely be doing some cons at the end of this year, beginning of next year. Be on the lookout!

What is your favorite episode of season two so far?

We're almost done filming the second season and my favorite episode hasn't aired yet, but look out for it. It's a flashback episode of where the Frost Sisters come from... and there is a lot of surprises!

Are there any specific comics/tv shows or movies you've taken inspiration from?

Just in the fact that she plays a lot of people, I'm very inspired by Tatiana Manslany on Orphan Black. I've learned a lot from watching her play multiples.

How many episodes do you film a day?

Haha, I love your enthusiasm. It takes about 8-10 days to film each episode.

Which one is your favorite out of the 3?

Hmm... I like them all and fear them for different reasons. But I like Phoebe the most. She's extra feisty and unpredictable, it's very exciting.

I'm wondering if you could pick, who would you want to play Emma Frost on the show?

January Jones,
    Last edited by juan678; 10-12-2018 at 04:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I'm wondering if you could pick, who would you want to play Emma Frost on the show?

January Jones,
    Wait......WTF?

Amazing Member

Pretty sure she only said that because Jones already played the character.
    Maybe she’d be better on tv than on film if she was given more to do...?

That’s definitely a role I don’t mind being recast. But either way, I really do hope Emma pops up in some fashion.
    Along with maybe 1 or 2 members of the X-Men, but I feel like that isn’t very likely.

BANNED

If they ever brought on Emma I think Diana Kruger would be a good choice. She looks like an older Skyler, so convincingly would be their mother.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    If they ever brought on Emma I think Diana Kruger would be a good choice. She looks like an older Skyler, so convincingly would be their mother.
    That would be a wonderful choice!

Overall, another great episode. The mental hospital scenes were genuinely creepy and filled with suspense, which is great for a pre-Halloween feel.

Have to say, this was a pretty heartbreaking episode for the Strucker family in particular, but no one really gets out of this unscathed. This episode ends in a few cliffhangers too. Actually, it felt a little like a mid-season finale, that’s how much happens!

DIALOGUE TEASES

“It’s been an eventful week I thought I’d make something special, or at least burn something special.”

"Your powers, they’re a part of you. They’re linked to your deepest emotions.”

“If you guys are planning on doing something this stupid, someone’s gotta be there in case this goes wrong.”

“You can talk to this, bitch.”

“I didn’t do this to you, you did this to yourself.”

“I can’t find something that’s not there.”

“How are we any different from the people we’re trying to save him from?”

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/10/th...medium=twitter
    SpoilerTV advance preview of episode #4. Who wants to guess which quotes go to which characters?
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-14-2018 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

Marvel.com, A Mutant Detention Facility Raid Becomes the Focus on a New Episode of ‘The Gifted’
    Check out a new episode airing Tuesday, October 16 at 8:00pm ET/PT on FOX!...

... At New York Comic-Con last week, Emma Dumont (“Polaris”) told Marvel.com that when it came to the ongoing Inner Circle dynamic between Polaris and Reeva, “There’s so much tension. But what’s great about the two of them is they can put their differences aside because they’re two women both fighting for a seat at the table which is really cool. It’s like ‘Look, I’m a strong woman and you’re a strong woman. We have similar goals. Let’s work together for now and see what happens.’”

Said Grace Byers (“Reeva Payge”) of the two powerful mutants, “I love the saying ‘Only a tiger can approach another tiger.’ I really feel like there’s a mutual understanding of the power that we both hold. There’s no desire to beat the other one down in order to make the vision come to fruition. There’s a mutual respect there and there’s a wise and intelligent conversation that happens between them, whether said or unsaid, that basically says, ‘Here’s the vision. Here’s what we have in mind. Search inside of yourself but hopefully you’ll make the right decision.’ I think we always end up on the same page because of that.”...

Episode 5 preview photos at the link

I am betting that is Twist a sociopath who wants to see the world burn.

Twist: "A mutant who “initially comes across as a sweet wounded bird” but reveals herself to be “a sociopath who lives for chaos.”
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-15-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Mighty Member

For some reason, I hope Twist is season one Andy with the readiness to jump to violence and recklessness enhanced to dangerous extent just for some cosmic irony on my least favorite Strucker.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    For some reason, I hope Twist is season one Andy with the readiness to jump to violence and recklessness enhanced to dangerous extent just for some cosmic irony on my least favorite Strucker.
    She is going to be a handful for Andy I would wager, though probably won't be the only one.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

SpoilerTV advance preview of episode #4. Who wants to guess which quotes go to which characters?
    Here I go jmc I might be way off though

Blink (easy)

Polaris/Esme/Reeva (can't decide)

Lauren? (probably, or Caitlin)

Graph, I'm quite sure.

This one I absolutely don't know.

Hmm. Maybe Lorna. Or Lauren (re: Andy). Or it could be Esme. Maybe Blink even. Another tough one.

Ok this has to be Lauren I'm pretty sure. Regarding Andy of course. "Save him from" lmao.

Super good quotes and helps put to bed a lot of the whole speculation that I *constantly* encounter online "Oh Reeva is holding Lorna hostage eventually Lorna will see the good and light and have to fight Reeva" really people? Doesn't sound that way at all.

Episode 5 preview photos at the link

I am betting that is Twist a sociopath who wants to see the world burn.

Twist: "A mutant who “initially comes across as a sweet wounded bird” but reveals herself to be “a sociopath who lives for chaos.”
    Yes that is definitely Twist. I am curious about both her mutation and also her personality. I mean she is broken out of a psychiatric hospital so the concept she may be emotionally damaged isn't exactly far fetched. But let's find out how it's portrayed. Will she be the "mutant Joker"? Who knows.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY