Page 294 of 308 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4616
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Every time I watch this show there usually something ‘good’, but some other stupid stuff that bugs me. Like the fight with the Morlocks and purifiers, I seriously that one of the guys by Erg must be ‘bulletproof’ because he was just standing there ‘out in the open’ while guys are shooting at him.
    How about when Sage is pleading for her life about "something they can do" to prove her innocence......to a person surrounded by THREE TELEPATHS!!!!!!!!

Put this show down. It doesn't deserve to tell mutant stories. It's garbage.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The Stepfords couldn't read Sage's mind. They said so during the episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The Stepfords couldn't read Sage's mind. They said so during the episode.
    And they can't read Polaris's mind? (Or basic body language cues?)

They seem to be perfectly capable telepaths.....except when bad story telling says they need to be bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    And they can't read Polaris's mind? (Or basic body language cues?)

They seem to be perfectly capable telepaths.....except when bad story telling says they need to be bad at it.
    Inconsistent telepathy capabilities are like that in comics and movies too so it’s not really out of character or without precedent.

If that wasn’t enough, Polaris probably scared the cuckoos from going into her mind at this point. After the whole dawn incident.

Or maybe they know and they are letting polaris continue her little game so that she’ll lead the inner circle to the members of the MU.

Regardless, there are plenty of viable explanations. Dislike the show for many reasons, but not because “telepathy fail.”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Inconsistent telepathy capabilities are like that in comics and movies too so it’s not really out of character or without precedent.

If that wasn’t enough, Polaris probably scared the cuckoos from going into her mind at this point. After the whole dawn incident.

Or maybe they know and they are letting polaris continue her little game so that she’ll lead the inner circle to the members of the MU.

Regardless, there are plenty of viable explanations. Dislike the show for many reasons, but not because “telepathy fail.”
    I don't think those are viable explanations at all. Even though you don't have to be an actual telepath to see Polaris is guilty, these are three actual telepaths. Telepaths who have picked up on Andy's issues with his sister, forced people to do their bidding, and controlled the minds of multiple people at the same time. We have been shown that these telepaths are quite powerful when working in concert. Nothing about what the show has told us, or shown us, about Sage justifies that they can't probe her thoughts. Or have caught any number of random thoughts from Polaris in their mission to find the spy.

This was done for plot purposes, but it could've been handled without such an obvious hole(s) in logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I don't think those are viable explanations at all. Even though you don't have to be an actual telepath to see Polaris is guilty, these are three actual telepaths. Telepaths who have picked up on Andy's issues with his sister, forced people to do their bidding, and controlled the minds of multiple people at the same time. We have been shown that these telepaths are quite powerful when working in concert. Nothing about what the show has told us, or shown us, about Sage justifies that they can't probe her thoughts. Or have caught any number of random thoughts from Polaris in their mission to find the spy.

This was done for plot purposes, but it could've been handled without such an obvious hole(s) in logic.
    Regarding sage they say “the technical aspects of your brain make it too hard to read.” That’s the show explaining right there why they couldn’t read it. I also gave explanations why they aren’t reading Lorna. If you don’t think they are logical that’s your call. They seem valid to me though.

Telepathy fail for plot purposes happen in the comics too. Should they be put down for such a singular reason also?

As I said the show has many flaws but I just don’t see this as a big deal. If you do then let’s just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Grey; 02-14-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Lorna's face said "GUILTY"!

Plus, the Cuckoo's are supposed to be very powerful-even without actively using their telepathy, they should have picked up stray thoughts.

Reva is so cautious and suspicious of the group tgat a traitor is among them that she would have directly ordered the 3 Cuckoo's to do an active mind scan. Especially before killing Sage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Regarding sage they say “the technical aspects of your brain make it too hard to read.” That’s the show explaining right there why they couldn’t read it. I also gave explanations why they aren’t reading Lorna. If you don’t think they are logical that’s your call. They seem valid to me though.

Telepathy fail for plot purposes happen in the comics too. Should they be put down for such a singular reason also?

As I said the show has many flaws but I just don’t see this as a big deal. If you do then let’s just agree to disagree.
    It's the greatest challenge to write superpowers and not use them conveniently. So yes, many X-writers have failed this. Magneto is a frequent example too.

No part of Sage's death fits the powers and character traits we have been shown by this show. It's ok you don't agree, but thisdouble agent plot is the worst part of the show for me. This only adds to it.

As I haven't seen a single episode this season yet, how has Sage been? Did she so anything and like, you know, actually use her powers at all?

What a waste of a character if not

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    As I haven't seen a single episode this season yet, how has Sage been? Did she so anything and like, you know, actually use her powers at all?

What a waste of a character if not
    Telepaths being unable to deduce her innocence was the most notable use of her powers in weeks. (If at all) So...no....a waste.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Lorna's face said "GUILTY"!

Plus, the Cuckoo's are supposed to be very powerful-even without actively using their telepathy, they should have picked up stray thoughts.

Reva is so cautious and suspicious of the group tgat a traitor is among them that she would have directly ordered the 3 Cuckoo's to do an active mind scan. Especially before killing Sage.
    To the viewer. What characters were shown to observe it as well?

Huh? Contradictory statement. How are they to pick up stray thoughts without actively using their TP?

Why did Reeva believe it was Sage again?

Gifted Showrunner speculating if a Season 3 happens it will be on Streaming https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...-on-streaming/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Gifted Showrunner speculating if a Season 3 happens it will be on Streaming https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...-on-streaming/
    Yep, add it to the list:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    CCalled it!

Ya beat me to it, Juan. /Film.com, ‘The Gifted’ Showrunner Matt Nix Thinks Season 3 Could Move to Streaming [Interview] caught it first, and now like Newsarama, CBR.com, The Gifted Could Move to Streaming for Season 3 has picked up on it too:

... But we do well on streaming so there may be, my hope is that there’s something to work out in that realm."...
    Like I said before, 'tis the future, after all. Unlike those of the film world realm & elsewhere, the remaining audience demos that still tune-in to the broadcast channels aren't that friendly and/or fond of comic book based programming, it seems. Superhero shows are always at the bottom of the heap, ratings-wise.
    ... Bleeding Cool's a lil' late to the party, for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    To the viewer. What characters were shown to observe it as well?

Huh? Contradictory statement. How are they to pick up stray thoughts without actively using their TP?

Why did Reeva believe it was Sage again?
    I don't think any of the characters saw Lorna's face when she looked guilty--they were not suspecting her so we're not looking at her as if she was guilty, they were simply talking while Lorna watched them and fretted.

Jean Grey often picked up stray thought not actively doing a telepathic mind probe. Strong emotions, like fear and panic, tend to stick out.

The Cuckoo's did a computer search, and they found out "Sage" and used the computer. But actually, it was Lorna who used the computer by magnetically manipulating the electrical pulses of the (last) user, who was Sage. So it looked like it was Sage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't think any of the characters saw Lorna's face when she looked guilty--they were not suspecting her so we're not looking at her as if she was guilty, they were simply talking while Lorna watched them and fretted.

Jean Grey often picked up stray thought not actively doing a telepathic mind probe. Strong emotions, like fear and panic, tend to stick out.

The Cuckoo's did a computer search, and they found out "Sage" and used the computer. But actually, it was Lorna who used the computer by magnetically manipulating the electrical pulses of the (last) user, who was Sage. So it looked like it was Sage.
    That's my point, showing Lorna's apprehensiveness, was done for the viewer's benefit only.

Have The Frost Sisters ever been shown to do this, tho? If not, then there's no precedent in The Gifted.

To Reeva's knowledge, could anyone else have known Sage's access info to the Inner Circle's tech network?