Page 296 of 308 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4616
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    ... I like polaris but to me the cuckoo inconsistency was a lot more noticeable.
    The Frost Sisters became... diluted in general, when they started to be more 3 in 1, and less Esme. It came across as too gimmicky.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You probably aren't putting said role in that much jeopardy when the show is most likely on the way out.
    The faces of the actresses here:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The Gifted" press junket during SCAD aTVfest 2019 on February 8, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia.
    ... pretty much says it all, fake half-smiles & all. Even when they were first posted, it looked to me like they could barely muster the effort to try & show they were happy to be there. On their part, I see a lack of enthusiasm, discomfort, perhaps even tension, and just all-around displeasure. I get the impression they'd almost rather be anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    ... It seems the producers wanted to focus more on the Struckers. ...
    They'll be remembered as the bane of this show's eXistence, the parents in particular. The mother's bad enough when it's all said & done, but REED... I could barely tolerate his tired, boring-ass, sad & whispery dialogue delivery in this most recent episode. Just kill 'im off already, he's more painful to watch than ever. Sure wish he would've been the one to get pumped full of bullets, instead of Blink.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-16-2019 at 06:40 AM.

BANNED

BleedingCool.com, The Gifted Season 2: The Bond Between the Strucker Siblings Comes Back in a “Big Way”

BleedingCool.com,The Gifted Season 2: Showrunner Matt Nix Talks the Season Finale

Mostly just speculation, based on a small bit from a TV Line article, and the NiX interview with /Film we already know of.

BANNED

TVSeriesFinale.com, Grey’s Anatomy: Amy Acker (The Gifted) to Join ABC Medical Drama

And there it is, confirmation the show's done, or at the very least her character is killed off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Reality is perception, and your opinions are just that. No need to be so testy, or overwrought, in your nitpickiness. Oh, and is Reddit really legitimate evidence of anything. That's rhetorical, BTW.
    Testy? Oh no, I enjoy watching you post. It's a marvel to me how someone can be so frequently, and hilariously, wrong and yet lack so much self-awareness that they continue to condescend people. It's.....something to behold.

But hey, remember when some of us weren't confident about Season 2 from the get go? Someone said this:
    Couldn't disagree more, EVERYthing in the S2 trailer, looked like an improvement over S1 to me. And I'm ALL about the HFC! Lookin' forward to the Morlocks, and the MU fallout, as well. Sorry, can relate to VERY lil' - if anything - you say or suggest. Almost none of it, really rings true, TBH. It seems disconnected from popular opinion and/or majority of the general, online consensus.
    I mean, that's hilarious! You use rhetorical examples....that aren't even accurate! And then condescend about it! Wow!

Here's the thing, you have been wrong time and time again on this show. About Lorna (now even the actress playing her is bad mouthing the characterization), about the ratings, you will be about the streaming service, and about a litany of things in this thread too long to post here. Being as condescending as you are should at least require being right every now and then.

BANNED

While the Lorna characterization hasn’t bothered me, i do completely agree with the inconsistent episodes this season.

On multiple episodes, esme flip flopped befweens showing some remorse for things like making people kill themselves. To joking about making people kill themselves. And back and forth more than once.

I like polaris but to me the cuckoo inconsistency was a lot more noticeable.
    Yeah, the Esme points are good ones. I think I made a similar point in the other end of the forums about the HFC's moral waffling in general. It doesn't appear, at any point this season, that they have had a consistent feeling about their mission. Some weeks they're all ruthless and it's "for the greater good". The next week we're biting lips and fretting about making the right choices. And the next week we're laughing it up about our evil deeds and snarling about the next step in the plot. It's so disjointed.

The only thing they've managed to do consistently in season 2 is make Proudstar a bumbling idiot no matter what he does. This actor was perfect for the role, the show started with such a strong portrayal, and now? Every time he's on the screen I try and guess what boneheaded thing he'll do or say next.

TVSeriesFinale.com, Grey’s Anatomy: Amy Acker (The Gifted) to Join ABC Medical Drama

And there it is, confirmation the show's done, or at the very least her character is killed off.
    More shocked Grey's Anatomy is still on I had no idea

While the Lorna characterization hasn’t bothered me, i do completely agree with the inconsistent episodes this season.

On multiple episodes, esme flip flopped befweens showing some remorse for things like making people kill themselves. To joking about making people kill themselves. And back and forth more than once.

I like polaris but to me the cuckoo inconsistency was a lot more noticeable.
    It might be more noticeable because Esme is actually on occasion hurting and killing people, the only one Lorna has directly injured all season is ironically Esme who they have bright flashing lights up that she will be her key ally in taking down Reeva when Lorna finds her ovaries at the last minute.

Lorna this season bad assed clothing aside is neither a leader in the group nor a street brawler like she was last season. What Lorna's actually feels about say killing Purifiers who are attacking mutants is unknown this season. The character is changed so much one can simply take her views on last season and juxtapose them onto this one. As Emma Dumont said season 2 Lorna is an entirely different character one she doesn't really know or understand.

I will just say for me there are moments that go beyond being egregious in regards to Lorna's shifts were her having a full breakdown emotionally and then apologizing with tears in her eyes to Eclipse for everything she ever believed in that didn't agree with because Reeva hires a Fabian Cortez like jackass mercenary. Really?

Even comic Lorna in the damned 90s was willing to work with people as bad (Cortez among others) and order them around on Genosha to get stuff done, because she recognized that its at time necessary to work with people you might not agree with or even like. This Lorna or at least her season one version shed much more blood then 90s comic Lorna and we are supposed to buy this Lorna's emotional break down after that moment and apologizes for everything she ever believed in and becomes a spy and alternates crying or looking like she is about to cry for episode after episode.

If Lorna turned against Reeva for say plotting a terrible terrorist attack and confronted her with Esme I would have said great if it played out that way. But, Lorna's turn over not knowing Reeva's plan, but really not liking the mercenary she hired? Terrible. Her shattered emotional state after that mercenary shows up? Terrible. Her becoming a cowardly double agent? Terrible. Her apologizing to Eclipse for her own very beliefs? Terrible.

The irony is season one Lorna managed to balance her relationship with Eclipse with her having a different point of view then him and being her own character. I gave the show great kudos for that and even promoted their relationship as something the comics could learn from. This season their 'relationship' has mirrored the worst aspects of her comic book relationship with Havok in decades past where she has to give up all her views, apologize with tears in her eyes and hand over her power to him to be worthy of him.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-16-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I believe Amy is just guest starring on the show, and the Hollywood Reporter said it was just for an episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Testy? Oh no, I enjoy watching you post. It's a marvel to me how someone can be so frequently, and hilariously, wrong and yet lack so much self-awareness that they continue to condescend people. It's.....something to behold.

But hey, remember when some of us weren't confident about Season 2 from the get go? Someone said this: I mean, that's hilarious! You use rhetorical examples....that aren't even accurate! And then condescend about it! Wow!

Here's the thing, you have been wrong time and time again on this show. About Lorna (now even the actress playing her is bad mouthing the characterization), about the ratings, you will be about the streaming service, and about a litany of things in this thread too long to post here. Being as condescending as you are should at least require being right every now and then.
    The only real hilarities are the HEAPS of erroneous, eXternalized, hypocritical histrionics, and fantastical fallacies, found in this quote. But hey, at least you're consistent. Seeing how provocation is so easily achieved tho, even unintentionally, I think it best to leave it at that & just avoid engaging any further. Or ever, in the future; I'm sure you won't mind returning the favor - take care!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-17-2019 at 05:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    More shocked Grey's Anatomy is still on I had no idea
    What's funny is, I just watched an episode for the first time only recently, 'cause I was more or less forced to. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I believe Amy is just guest starring on the show, and the Hollywood Reporter said it was just for an episode.
    Ah, good to know. Well then, back to will they or won't they.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Just came on to comment after a while, not knowing so many others did so too.

I was going to say that I enjoyed the last episode, obviously minus the Blink and Sage deaths. Every time, I expect to be disappointed but leave looking forward to the next. Some of the Strucker family scenes have been quite repetitive this season, I wish they'd mix up Lauren, Reed and Caitlin with the others more often. The Blink, Thunderbird and Eclipse storylines have more compelling scenes. It's a shame, because they are clearly strong actors and I've enjoyed Caitlin more this season. I hope it's not the last we see of Blink! I've enjoyed seeing the wider Gifted universe this season, and how it connects. Fills in background and context.

Sage deserved a better, feels like they're looking to wrap up storylines and her death was used to further Lorna's redemption/fight back story. I liked the politics of the Reeva/Purifiers link, saw it coming a mile off. I'm glad Lorna is set to challenge Reeva soon, I hope it comes to an explosive confrontation. Can understand the frustration with the writers not picking up momentum with Lorna's story after last season's finale. She's effectively become a hostage/prisoner, which is unsurprising. I was never under the impression she was on top of things going with the Frosts, as opposed to the underground. Hope we finally see her go to the next level in the next two episodes, it's about time!

Hope this show continues, in whatever form it takes. Polaris and this whole universe has a lot left to give!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Wow, I really admire Emma Dumont for speaking so honestly. I've been hanging in there, trusting that the show was going to turn around, that Polaris was going to step up and save the day but they really put Lorna on the back burner. The beginning of the season was great--the Magneto link, baby Dawn. And then they completely forgot about all of that, and Lorna was reduced to walk on parts. Even the other characters in the last two episodes were saying, the old Lorna of the Underground days wouldn't be so passive, let her friends be hurt or killed. You know the truism: when even the characters in the story begin noticing there's something wrong, there's a problem...

I thought last Tuesday's episode was good! I hope Blink is still alive. I hate what happened to Sage. But Lorna's role was the worst thing about the episode! Where's her reaction to Marcos being shot? I mean, why wouldn't she have gotten angry and left the Inner Circle. She just lets Sage die because of her actions, and then she looks chagrined and cries about it? (Not Emma's fault, this is what she had to work with.) It's like the producers and writers completely truncated Polaris as a character, cut her off at every moment she should have had an in-character, powerful reaction to something. The same thing happened to the Frost sisters, too! Strong female characters with a large number of fans, and they were side-lined.

Emma Dumont at least advocated for her character. What she said about Lorna's reaction to her baby's illness--everything about her behavior since she handed Dawn to her own foster mother for the baby's protection--was right on.
    Lorna’s brilliant double agent decision (and it was her decision she could have left the IC) and then not standing up and taking responsibility did in fact murder Sage.

I hate Reeva and hate Jace, but think less of Lorna then either of them. Reeva is power hungry, Jace is blind, Lorna is a coward. She already turned on Reeva, but chose the most small, dishonorable and cowardly way to do it.

Some whose only interest was a relationship and Lorna not being ‘a real antagonist’ got exactly what they wanted out of Lorna’s story this season, but for me the only positive is knowing that the actress whose voice the masses will listen to on the show and her character will be giving the depiction of Lorna this season exactly its due for years and years in interviews and at conventions. Her voice matters ours does not in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-16-2019 at 03:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Some whose only interest was a relationship and Lorna not being ‘a real antagonist’ got exactly what they wanted out of Lorna’s story this season, but for me the only positive is knowing that the actress whose voice the masses will listen to on the show and her character will be giving the depiction of Lorna this season exactly its due for years and years in interviews and at conventions. Her voice matters ours does not in the grand scheme of things.
    I know you place a lot of the blame on the Eclipse dynamic (I'm not sure I agree, but I've enjoyed chewing on the idea)....but I wonder if the first part I quoted here is the real issue. Did the show struggle so much with the character because they didn't truly want to turn her into an antagonist?

Before this season I said how much I disliked the show going from the Ahab/hunted storyline back to the Magneto/Prof or bad/good mutants angle. I thought it was a terrible direction for Lorna and the show in general. Unfortunately, I think they made the worst out of what was already a poor decision. They immediately took the group we saw from last year and subjugated them to a new character (Reeva), killed off the larger IC that existed (which might have had more possibilities), and rendered Andy and Lorna little more than henchmen. Worse yet, in order to make this weakened group look daunting as a threat, they turned the Underground into a bunch of sad sacks who do nothing right.

And throughout all of this the inane family remains a focal point that is a grind to deal with every episode. Oh...and Jace Turner does his tri-weekly "Am I a bad guy?" "I'm a bad guy" "Am I a bad guy?" loop ad nauseum.

Let's hope, as this show mercifully ends, they find a way to bandage some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I know you place a lot of the blame on the Eclipse dynamic (I'm not sure I agree, but I've enjoyed chewing on the idea)....but I wonder if the first part I quoted here is the real issue. Did the show struggle so much with the character because they didn't truly want to turn her into an antagonist?

Before this season I said how much I disliked the show going from the Ahab/hunted storyline back to the Magneto/Prof or bad/good mutants angle. I thought it was a terrible direction for Lorna and the show in general. Unfortunately, I think they made the worst out of what was already a poor decision. They immediately took the group we saw from last year and subjugated them to a new character (Reeva), killed off the larger IC that existed (which might have had more possibilities), and rendered Andy and Lorna little more than henchmen. Worse yet, in order to make this weakened group look daunting as a threat, they turned the Underground into a bunch of sad sacks who do nothing right.

And throughout all of this the inane family remains a focal point that is a grind to deal with every episode. Oh...and Jace Turner does his tri-weekly "Am I a bad guy?" "I'm a bad guy" "Am I a bad guy?" loop ad nauseum.

Let's hope, as this show mercifully ends, they find a way to bandage some of these.
    1. I think you are confusing me with AbnormallyNormal as I don't blame Eclipse for Lorna's actions. I have an issue with certain shippers, not most shippers mind you. Most Eclaris shippers liked the idea of Lorna and Marcos as they were written in season one, but a small group wanted the Lorna balling her eyes out in front of him and apologizing for everything she ever believed and accepting she will use him as her moral guide. Those who wanted that got it, but that was one of the break the character moments for me. I would accept her balling her eyes out and apologizing for taking the baby from him and being a terrible girlfriend, but they crossed the line into the worst decades past depictions of Havok and Polaris territory with her agreeing to basically surrender her worldview to his judgement.

2. I am not a fan of the way you repeatedly push the show be canceled and say it needs to be put out of its misery and bring up anything to promote that point. Its fine to have legitimate criticisms of a show. Its another to try to push others to give up on it. The show gut punched me over and over again this season and maybe I will continue watching if there is another season or not, but I won't ever say what others should think in that regard.

3. Matt Nix said before season 2 and the article is still up at Marvel.com that the HC/IC was going to be the 'bad ass' group not the 'bad guys' group which was basically verbatim his quote on the topic. He pretty much point blank said he didn't want it a good mutant vs bad mutant fight, but an argument over different ideologies and how far to go to protect the mutant race.

If that had been the case then it could have been a great story as them staying together against the Hound program and the government could have been a great story. Either idea could have worked, but either idea could have failed... it all depends on the execution.

Given the way the Hellfire Club normally works Esme could have been the leader of a faction and Lorna could have been the leader of a faction of the group that works with the Mutant Underground, but also manipulates the levers of power in more aggressive ways and at times will punch the SS and Purifiers in ways that the MU will not. Instead you are correct the entrance of Reeva in order I believe to bring in the legions of Empire viewers (look how that worked out) and the decision to make the group her the unquestioned dictator was the worst of all possible calls and did in the end absolutely murder the potential for Esme and Lorna this season of trying things their way and making mistakes and learning from them, adapting and changing as the next generation of mutant leaders.

Its questionable if the show gets another season if I will follow it. But, I won't say the show needs to be put down or that others here who want another season shouldn't get one. That is my last comment on the topic or really the show until after the season is over.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-16-2019 at 05:42 PM.

BANNED

ComicBookMovie.com, THE GIFTED: Reed Strucker Prepares To Lose Control In New Photos From The Season 2 Finale: "oMens"
    With Reeva's plan nearly revealed, The Gifted looks to close out its epic second season on a major high as the Mutant Underground works together to bring an end to the scream queen and her Inner Circle!

While a third season is anything but a given, The Gifted looks to close out its brilliant second season in epic fashion as the Mutant Underground and Morlocks band together to stop Reeva (Grace Byers) and the Inner Circle once and for all. It also looks like they may be getting some major reinforcements as Reed Strucker (Stephen Moyer) prepares to finally unleash his true power.

On another note, showrunner Matt Nix recently revealed to /Film at the Television Critics Association winter tour that he remains hopeful for a third season, but believes that if they do return it may be on a streaming service, presumably Hulu due to the impending Disney/Fox deal. ...

... Considering the fact that Marvel Television does have an active stake in the series, as they promote The Gifted on their own respective social channels, it does seem possible that once the Disney/Fox merger closes that they'd have, at least, some interest in keeping the critically acclaimed series alive. ...
    Maybe I'll get my wish(es).