Page 253 of 308 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4616

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This is very true. My guess, though, is they felt "Hellfire Club" could offend religious sensibilities? That's my only real surmise as to why they decided to rebrand the organization as "Inner Circle" which I agree is fairly nondescript.

Another guess could be to demarcate it from the traditional concepts associated with the Hellfire Club, since it seems like the Inner Circle will be MUCH more similar to a classical Brotherhood organization actually
    There might be copyright issues or it might be Disney's early influence as Fox had no issues with the Hellfire name as of 2-3 years ago, it might also be as you said representative of the fact this isn't really a Hellfire Club, its a Brotherhood with top down leadership from Reeva to the rest. If Esme and Lorna ally and form their own group it might be under a more traditional Hellfire Club model, but at the same point in time it seems Reeva is not going anywhere so I am not sure if that is an option.

From the interviews its clear they are setting up for a schism inside the Inner Circle and I don't mind disagreements over the fate of mutants, but the interviews hard point to Esme and Lorna giving up on what they believe and perhaps even running tails between their legs to the Mutant Underground. A conflict with Reeva, working with the MU or allying with them is fine, but there is a big line between that and backtracking on or erasing significant differences of option and I hope they don't go down that route.

Comic Lorna supporting a mutant homeland is the only substantive philosophical thing that differentiates the comic version (and she still does support one as of 2015) from Jean or Charles Xavier. Disagreements with Reeva are fine and a schism with her is fine, but centering all the non-Xavier ideology in Reeva would be a mistake and I hope they don't go that route.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-12-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

:/ Am I the only one who doesn't like the new color they are using for Blink's hair?

Granted, this would look great if she was playing Betsy.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There might be copyright issues or it might be Disney's early influence as Fox had no issues with the Hellfire name as of 2-3 years ago, it might also be as you said representative of the fact this isn't really a Hellfire Club, its a Brotherhood with top down leadership from Reeva to the rest. If Esme and Lorna ally and form their own group it might be under a more traditional Hellfire Club model, but at the same point in time it seems Reeva is not going anywhere so I am not sure if that is an option.

From the interviews its clear they are setting up for a schism inside the Inner Circle and I don't mind disagreements over the fate of mutants, but the interviews hard point to Esme and Lorna giving up on what they believe and perhaps even running tails between their legs to the Mutant Underground. A conflict with Reeva, working with the MU or allying with them is fine, but there is a big line between that and backtracking on or erasing significant differences of option and I hope they don't go down that route.

Comic Lorna supporting a mutant homeland is the only substantive philosophical thing that differentiates the comic version (and she still does support one as of 2015) from Jean or Charles Xavier. Disagreements with Reeva are fine and a schism with her is fine, but centering all the non-Xavier ideology in Reeva would be a mistake and I hope they don't go that route.
    If you listen to the Grace Byers interview she seems to indicate that even Reeva ends up not being "the most extreme" over the course of the season. Cough cough Twist cough cough.

So we'll have to just find out. Right now as spoilery as those interviews are, 1) they only cover the first half of the season 2) there are still tons of info we don't have that could provide very vital context to what they said

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    :/ Am I the only one who doesn't like the new color they are using for Blink's hair?

Granted, this would look great if she was playing Betsy.
    I love Blink's new color it makes her stand out a lot better

And look even less like a normal human which helps her Morlock bonafides
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T365 View Post
    New interviews with Emma Dumont, Grace Byers and Percy Hynes White:
    https://comicbook.com/2018/09/11/vid...ks-the-gifted/

Emma said that there's going to be an episode dedicated entirely to Lorna's background and how her parented passed
    Thanks for posting these! I'm so excited for Grace as Reeva. Can't wait to see what she has planned. Also happy for them to further explore Lorna's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thanks for posting these! I'm so excited for Grace as Reeva. Can't wait to see what she has planned. Also happy for them to further explore Lorna's origin.
    Yeah i'm so impressed with Grace Byers now I was honestly worried at first about how well she could understand or get into her role but she is knocking everything she says out of the park in my opinion

And yes @ Lorna/Frost origins

OBEY

Amazing Member

Second episode "unMoored" press release:

ANDY AND LAUREN HAVE A SHARED DREAM ON AN ALL-NEW "THE GIFTED" TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, ON FOX

Thunderbird contacts a mutant lawyer who recruited him to the Underground years ago, hoping she can help him find the Inner Circle. Lauren and Andy have a shared dream, which distracts Andy from his training and prompts Reeva to consider cutting her losses with him, which, in turn, makes Andy second-guess his separation from his sister. Meanwhile, Reed must keep a huge secret from the group and Jace picks up the mutants' trail again in the all-new "unMoored" episode of THE GIFTED airing Tuesday, Oct. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-202) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker; Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker; Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz; Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson; Coby Bell as Jace Turner; Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane; Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar; Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker; Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker; Skyler Samuels as Frost Sisters/Esme, Sophie and Phoebe; Grace Byers as Reeva Payge

Guest Cast: Jeff Daniel Phillips as Fade; Erinn Ruth as Evangeline; Danube Hermosillo as Christina; Hayley Lovitt as Sage

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/09/th...red-press.html

Wow cool so I guess we did see some scenes from beyond episode 1 in the trailer then. Interesting. ReyLo anyone? :-x

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...ground-trailer

Two new trailers on the MU and Hellfire sides.

Love this dynamic. It kind of reminds me of Schism in the comics in which the mutant race has to pick a side in order to survive. This whole show has been built around a world where mutants can't fight back as they once did. The X-men are gone and they all have to scramble to find safety and shelter. This feels like a natural progression of the story. Hope Season 2 raises the bar.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    If you listen to the Grace Byers interview she seems to indicate that even Reeva ends up not being "the most extreme" over the course of the season. Cough cough Twist cough cough.
    Twist is just a young anarchist sociopath, personally it sounds like she is talking about something more substantial then a kid who wants to play with proverbial matches to cause chaos.

Anyway, I transcribed the bulk of the Emma interview.

Emma Dumont: Magneto gives a lot of speeches, likes to fly up, teach people a lesson, make society look at themselves. Polaris this season I am just going to be straight up doesn’t do any of that. She is straight up just being a mom.

I wish I could say she does a bunch of really cool stuff. But, having a baby is kind of an anchor and there is some things early on in the season she goes through with the babies’ health and other issues with Marcos so she is really just worried about her kid being alive… but we are only on episode 9.

Later on in this season there is an entire episode dedicated to Lorna’s background, how she gets the way she is, how she grew up… she actually takes the medallion we see at the end of season 1 and stretches it out to form the Polaris headpiece that is well known in the comics, her version of a Magneto helmet and that is a really cool moment it was really awesome for me, I cried on the day we shot that for the first time because its just so powerful… now that she has a child of her own she gets it and realizes how much he had to sacrifice in order to save the world and now she gets it because she is in the exact same spot.

The triplets that is an interesting one Lorna hates them and thinks they are conniving a-holes, which they are, she doesn’t understand them at all. There is a point in season 2 when only Esme and her get together and realize they have more in common then they originally thought, Esme shares a lot about her past that she has never told anyone… Lorna goes as far as trusting her with her baby and that means a lot to Esme... and Reeva and Lorna clash about everything
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2018 at 04:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

I really question Emma Dumont's acting skills. I find her facial expression for Polaris weirdly over-acted in season 1. I hope I will enjoy her character more in season 2. But this whole baby-mama-subplot does not seem particularly exciting to me...because mothers cannot have political opinions anymore and have to be obsessed with motherhood and children?

...when she feels the need to create a headpiece, I suppose she will have a falling out with the Frost Sisters or realizes that they manipulate her?
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-13-2018 at 05:00 AM.

BANNED

Emma Dumont is very animated & unreserved, without being overly offensive. I like that, it's refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I really question Emma Dumont's acting skills. I find her facial expression for Polaris weirdly over-acted in season 1. I hope I will enjoy her character more in season 2. But this whole baby-mama-subplot does not seem particularly exciting to me...because mothers cannot have political opinions anymore and have to be obsessed with motherhood and children?

...when she feels the need to create a headpiece, I suppose she will have a falling out with the Frost Sisters or realizes that they manipulate her?
    I agree with you about the mom thing I hope that isn't actually true, the way she says it feels to me like misdirection of some kind, it's so incredibly blunt and yet wildly counter expectations. All the promos have her looking like a new magneto so why do the exact opposite in the show? They know she is their most popular character from season 1, and it was due to her confidence and power and action not because she was pregnant. It would be insane for the show to radically mess with a winning formula that way.

The headpiece thing COULD suggest that although apparently she gets friendly with Esme. It could also just be like, her deciding to become closer to her dad you know? Take up his mantle. Again to me that indicates again what she says about her character "just being a mom" can't really be true. Also she is only talking up to episode 9 and there are 16 so maybe its just a really long slow buildup for her to get going this season, which is nuts but at least not entirely crazy.

Also I wouldnt say she "realizes" she was manipulated because... I don't think she actually WAS.... she did things of her own decision just like Andy

OBEY

I hope I will enjoy her character more in season 2. But this whole baby-mama-subplot does not seem particularly exciting to me
    For every Sarah Connor in fiction where they get the balance just right between the characters focus on saving the world and saving her child there is two dozen cases of genre mom's where they go way too far into the realm of having protecting their kid's immediate physical health and immediate well being and inadvertently castrate the character in the process. Every genre show and movie wants to have that Sarah Connor mom, but very few hit the mark.

Momma Strucker last season was case and point of that in that I like the actress and the character, but the execution of the overprotective mom role was problematic in the season and she came off like an overprotective mother hen character.

They are reading her minds constantly on its own is a problem and it sounds like she might and it seems the only one she comes to trust at all is Esme which might or might not prove a very good or very bad idea.

Either way it sounds like she has put almost all her time and energy into protecting the child, but what happens if something terrible happens to it anyway? That is something to think about.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Lmao, bless Emma for being so honest. Really disappointing to hear all of this about Lorna though.