Page 260 of 308 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4616
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Oh my god! The Cuckoos one is spectacular! TVs come a long way with the X-Men. My mind goes back to the Gen X film lol!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    ... Also, you DO remember that Reed had convinced Jace to remove all of the mutants from Campbell's custody before Esme pulled her "rescue," right?
    All of them? What about the ones that had already been 'Hounded'? What about those it was too late for:

... you DO remember them, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    All of them? What about the ones that had already been 'Hounded'? What about those it was too late for:

... you DO remember them, right?
    And they're completely irrelevant to the point I was making.

BANNED

Naturally.

https://ew.com/recap/marvels-the-gif...-episode-10/2/
    ... That shames Jace enough to show up at Dr. Campbell’s lab demanding that every mutant prisoner be brought back to Sentinel’s supervision. Unfortunately, he’s already too late. To motivate the Strucker children into showing off their Fenris powers, Dr. Campbell already killed Dreamer — which is, of course, Jace’s fault for sending her to him so soon. Luckily for Dr. Campbell at least, his motivation worked, and the Struckers’ powerful display has apparently given him all the data he needs to develop a “permanent” solution to the mutant problem.

But just like everyone else, Campbell was so focused on the flashy power of the Struckers that he missed the real danger in hiding. As Jace pulls up to the gate of the facility with all the (living) prisoners in tow, that true danger shows its face. Esme, who manipulated Eclipse and the other mutants into leading her to this spot just as she manipulated Jace (through the Struckers) into bringing out the prisoners, reaches out with her telepathic powers and takes control of Jace’s cronies. She makes all the Sentinel footsoldiers kill themselves and each other — she even has Jace’s loyal sidekick blow his own head off right in front of his friend, just after releasing the prisoners’ shock collars. After that, all of the confused prisoners pile out of their transport bus, but Esme was really only looking for two: her two sisters, identical in appearance and mutant ability. It’s the Stepford Cuckoos, baby, and they came to win. Sure, Reed’s attempted compromise with Jace Turner seemed like it might work for half a second there, but it was never going to last. This is a war, and you have to fight to win. The Cuckoos understand that. ...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I don't feel sorry for the SS guards at all...

Some vengeance is understandable. In a way was it an act of terrorism? Sure, it was over the top and not totally necessary.

But that's part of asymmetrical warfare. Your side has way less manpower/resources so you can help make up for that with fear, get enemy to think twice about just entering a battle or crossing you

I doubt SS or Purifiers would take lightly or be like "oh time to go capture these Frost Triplets again"... not after that

So it was about deterrence. Much like the USA dropping A-Bombs on Japan even though they were about to surrender anyway. It taught a lesson to the USSR.

That's how I think of it !

It also acted to inspire and motivate potential new allies like Lorna and Andy. They know the Frosts are serious about mutant liberation and will do whatever it takes to make it happen
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mighty Member

Jace Turner is one of those characters that you really have to shake your head at. Did he really need to be convinced that Dr. Mengele experimenting on siblings and twins (or triplets etc.) was a bad thing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I don't feel sorry for the SS guards at all...
    They were hardly innocents. And if it weren't for Esme, the captured Mutants (some being minors) would've still been prisoners, just of a questionably lesser evil. Some points are too narrowly focused and as a result, ultimately pointless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    They were hardly innocents. And if it weren't for Esme, the captured Mutants (some being minors) would've still been prisoners, just of a questionably lesser evil. Some points are too narrowly focused and as a result, ultimately pointless.
    And as you've ignored, if it weren't for Esme, MANY OF THEM WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CAPTURED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

BANNED

The problem I'm going to reiterate is the rescue wouldn't have even been NECESSARY if Esme hadn't manipulated everyone into a rash attack that got almost every one captured in the first damn place. But she got impatient and decided to mess with everyone to have her way.
    The rescue wasn't for the underground it was for the Cuckoos and to take down the hound program. You could argue it wasn't just Esme but the Cuckoos in general. At the same time if they hadn't gone through all that they wouldn't have known what it was like. More or less a learning experience.

BANNED

And as you've ignored, if it weren't for Esme, MANY OF THEM WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CAPTURED IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    I'm not ignoring Esme's culpability in events. I'm just not obsessing over it, and instead giving it the attention I think it deserves, in the larger scheme of things. Which happened the way they did, because of the story creators wanted to tell.

... Esme... she manipulated Jace (through the Struckers) into bringing out the prisoners...
    She wasn't controlling the situations, she was only eXerting influence over them, to varying effect.

Yay! This is so good!

.9 preliminary overnight national rating

Needless to say not exactly numbers that one might hope for though likely it’s suffering from the acute genre case of DVR it syndrome brought on by in part by so many Netflix series. Best case those that do like the first ep and it seems most who watch it do end up coming back next week along with a few of those who DVR it.

And ep 3 complications stills.

http://series-movies-stills.sosugary..._display_media

The first episode has been well received in terms of grades on the major sites that grade audience views on episodes, but the real question comes down to the viewership ratings.

Anyway, Skyler Samuels quotes at the link.

Skyler Samuels: "I think the thing I like most about Lorna and Esme's relationship this season is while Esme has sisters of her own I think she finds a sister in Lorna in a way she didn't expect to and they forge a really cool bond."

‘The Gifted’ Season 2 Will Have Less Strucker Family, More Deep Dive Episodes

But before that, at the Fox party for the Television Critics Association in August, show runner Matt Nix spoke with /Film for the second time after our first interview, this time with a special focus on the series premiere. Nix discussed the show’s refined focus and announced some more new mutants for us.

Was bringing the plane down a point of no return for Polaris?

That’s one of the questions we’re exploring, but I guess it certainly was a moment where she embraced her heritage and just kind of was like, “This is who I am.” I think she sees herself as someone who is strong enough to do the bad things to make the future that everyone needs to have. So I think she accepted that about herself. One of the things we’re exploring with the Inner Circle and Hellfire Club this year is just the idea that that’s how they see themselves. They don’t see themselves as the bad guys. They’re not the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. They see themselves as the hardcore good guys who aren’t dicking around and pretending that everybody’s going to love everybody.

Magneto never saw himself as the bad guy either.

Yeah, exactly. I think we’re definitely following the ethos of Magneto on his best days.

With everyone split up, is the Strucker family still the focus of the show?

I’d say they are definitely a focus of the show. It’s maybe a little more democratic this year in the sense of it’s sort of two families, the family of the Mutant Underground trying to get to Polaris, the Strucker family trying to get to Andy. And then you’re also following the Inner Circle as well. You wouldn’t say, “It is the story of the Strucker family” but they’re not sidelined. It’s just they’re part of the big ensemble.

Will we meet any new mutants this season?

Definitely. This year we’re going to get into the Morlocks who are a group of mutants that live in the tunnels under Washington, D.C. Their leader is a guy from the comics named Erg. That’s played by a terrific actor named Michael Luwoye who was in Hamilton. He’s this super charismatic guy. The Morlocks are a whole other perspective on the mutant question, how they should live, what they should do. So we’re following him, Reeva Payge is the new head of the Hellfire Club that spins off into the Inner Circle. Reeva is also from the comics, a very powerful mutant who has a power that gives her power over mutants and humans in a way that serves her agenda.

https://www.slashfilm.com
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-26-2018 at 08:37 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, good thing...

https://deadline.com/2018/09/manifes...or-1202470727/
    ... Live+Same day ratings is no longer a currency the networks use...
    ...'cause...

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/thi...gs-1202958223/
    ... the season premiere of “The Gifted” (0.9, 2.63 million) saw a 39% decline in the demo and 46% in total viewers...

Yes, DVR matters in terms of people who watch (along with the ads) within three days and they have to make up the difference. Ratings expectations for advertisers is 1.0 C + 3.

Based on last year if the show is getting a .7 bump L+3 one can add a .2 or .3 to that total for C + 3.

Thus the show can drop about a .1 live from the first ep if DVR watchers show up, but can’t drop much more then that.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-26-2018 at 11:45 AM.