Page 103 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4616

Now the big newspapers are coming out with their reviews of the show. USA Today calls The Gifted the best show put out by Mavel Television as in ever in their view.

The Gifted

Fox, Oct. 2 (Mondays, 9 ET/PT)

Goodness, it's an odd year for Marvel. The company has given its corporate cousin ABC what looks (based on an admittedly incomplete pilot) like the season's worst new series in Marvel's Inhumans, while handing rival Fox the best series it has yet produced.

So what sets apart this X-Men offshoot, about a family on the run from anti-mutant agents, from those failures? Stakes. The pilot and the actors immediately make you care about these characters and their plight, and make you eager to see what happens next. For this company's TV division, that's a marvel.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...day/546179001/
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-05-2017 at 03:19 PM.

BANNED

I'm going to be really annoyed if the kudos for the show all go to Marvel Television.

Scene in car with Eclipse and Polaris

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm going to be really annoyed if the kudos for the show all go to Marvel Television.
    Marvel Television is clearly involved and Marvel will get lots of cash from the show, but we also know Fox studios helped bring their A game to help get the show off the ground. From the reviews and those that have watched the pilot it really seems like Singer worked hard to make the pilot more short movie then TV show

The signs point to they increasingly feel like they have an amazing second episode in the can as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-05-2017 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

That USA Today article definitely makes it seem like Marvel produced the show for FOX, instead of FOX producing it in-house with some Marvel greenlighting creative decisions.

That USA Today article definitely makes it seem like Marvel produced the show for FOX, instead of FOX producing it in-house with some Marvel greenlighting creative decisions.
    Yes, and I am sure many people will see it as a entirely Marvel Television show just airing on Fox, instead of a Marvel/Fox with a heavy weight toward Fox in-house people, but in the end does it really matter?

For X-Men fans I believe what is important that we know, the people who matter know, the show is a success that helps creates a new generation of fans like TAS did and that Marvel and Fox work somewhat more collaboratively then they have so all parts of what was once the X-Men franchise over time gets out of the hole that we know was sort of dug for them over unhappiness in regard to the rights issues.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-05-2017 at 04:43 PM.

The rest of CBR New York should check this out. The Gifted will have an early screening this Thursday https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...14280198275072

I could go, but I don't feel like hopping on the train. Too lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    The rest of CBR New York should check this out. The Gifted will have an early screening this Thursday https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...14280198275072

I could go, but I don't feel like hopping on the train. Too lazy.
    They should do this in more of the major market places around the country. Hell I would drive to DC if it was airing there a few weeks early. It might take an hour more or less, but for most of the past two years where I was working took me an hour an a half to the nearest theater period.

The Gifted's biggest problem now is not they have a potential major hit its figuring out how best to let the masses in this divided market place know what they have over the next month before it airs and limited release showings like this and their early showing of ep 2 is certainly a good idea. Obviously, if I was in charge of of spreading the world I would have even more of them.

Word of mouth once it starts will be this shows greatest asset.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-05-2017 at 05:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Now the big newspapers are coming out with their reviews of the show. USA Today calls The Gifted the best show put out by Mavel Television as in ever in their view.
    More great news, from the early reviews - SO encouraging!

I think they're making more out of the Marvel TV connection, due to timing, and it being automatically associated with Inhumans as a result. But this is Matt NiX's baby, and he works for Fox TV, and both those things will be acknowledged & become more widely known... once it airs, and becomes a MAJOR success! I expect this show to raise Mr. NiX's stock... SIGNIFICANTLY! And JMC is RIGHT, this is just what the X IP needs, to fan those flames still burning from the trifecta of WIN... that was Deadpool, Legion, & Logan!!!

Better than the S1's of DD, LC, & esp. JJ on Netflix, tho - HOLY, just can't get over it! I mean... in many ways, I enjoyed those series MORE than the MCU's theatrical offerings, so this is soundin' better than I could've ever even imagined! I'm in HEAVEN right now, and it looks JUST... like THIS:

What's Polaris been up to in the recent comics books anyway? Haven't read anything Marvel for a while now so I have no idea if she's in anything yet. Is she likely to appear in more issues if the show is successful?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    What's Polaris been up to in the recent comics books anyway? Haven't read anything Marvel for a while now so I have no idea if she's in anything yet. Is she likely to appear in more issues if the show is successful?
    She just came back into things about 3 issues ago and the book she's in is good.

X-Men Blue by Cullen Bunn. It's about the O5 and the writer is doing the corny/uninteresting Jean Grey and Cyclops ship, but besides that, in spite of those things, it's a good book.

They will. FOX almost never gets any credit.

"Deadpool was a success!"
    "It's only because of Miller and Reynolds!"

"Logan was a success!"
    "It's only because of Mangold and Jackman!"

"Legion was a success!"
    "It's only because of Noah Hawley!"

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post

"Logan was a success!"

"Legion was a success!"
    You would be amazed at how many people I know confuse Fox News with Fox studios.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post

"Logan was a success!"

"Legion was a success!"
    People seem to like the idea of the company that created the X-Men steering things right, when the reality is that Fox is better for the X-Men franchise than Marvel. Marvel's been screwing the X-Men over for nearly a decade (as a Polaris fan, fan of a character directly hurt by Marvel's antics, I've noticed this), and Marvel's behavior in comics, cartoons and video games shows they wouldn't respect the X-Men franchise or its full potential if they got the rights back. By contrast, Fox only has the X-Men franchise to really work with. They have to make the most of what they have. That means stuff like using obscure and generally unappreciated characters for projects, e.g. Gifted, that Marvel has a history of ignoring or treating poorly when they have the entire Marvel universe to work with.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    She has just returned after two years in limbo on X-Men Blue as a teacher and yah if the show is as successful as I think it could be it will have an impact on how she is viewed and more fans means more people buying her comics.

Right now The Gifted is mining heavily from early 2000s hard Mutant activist Lorna which is the most interesting version of Lorna who stops trying to play by others rules and starts fashioning her own.