Page 101 of 308 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4616

Looks like they've given Blink another marking above her right eye! I'm glad they've done that

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

I wonder if that last one is during the "church basement" scene, where her+Eclipse are on the run & lookin' to hide from the SS (after escape?), from that script excerpt the writers shared with us a ways back
    Maybe, it might be a basement. If it's the scene I can't wait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Looks like they've given Blink another marking above her right eye! I'm glad they've done that
    Good catch! Looks like the more they use their powers, the more their looks will change, just like Jamie C. said. Lorna's hair gets greener, and Blink gets more facial markings - SO cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Maybe, it might be a basement. If it's the scene I can't wait. ...

Same here, reading that was one of THE highlights of all the pre-show hype, by far... and STILL is!

BANNED

The problem with using Gotham as an example is its extremely reliant some would say over reliant on mining the best Rogue's Gallery in all of comics....Penguin, Jerome, Ivy, Court of Owls, etc.

While still having Bruce (Pre Batman), Selina (Pre Catwoman), Gordon, Alfred and Lucious you know characters that played a major role in the Nolan Trilogy.

GIFTED aint exactly able to do that and even more so has to spend budget on making powers look impressive on a regular basis.
    I mean honestly Polaris is the biggest name to an X-Fan. I guess if you only know the movies...Blink is the biggest name?

That is not really equivalent to Gotham at all.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fan poster by ShawYanwen
    Love this poster! Has a very "Stranger Things" vibe to it. Gives the feel of a real, cinematic experience. I have a feeling that when this show comes out on Hulu or Netflix, it will be one of the most binge-worthy shows since House of Cards.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    The problem with using Gotham as an example is its extremely reliant some would say over reliant on mining the best Rogue's Gallery in all of comics....Penguin, Jerome, Ivy, Court of Owls, etc.

While still having Bruce (Pre Batman), Selina (Pre Catwoman), Gordon, Alfred and Lucious you know characters that played a major role in the Nolan Trilogy.

GIFTED aint exactly able to do that and even more so has to spend budget on making powers look impressive on a regular basis.
    I mean honestly Polaris is the biggest name to an X-Fan. I guess if you only know the movies...Blink is the biggest name?

That is not really equivalent to Gotham at all.
    Comic fans often have this idea that A listers sell, B or C listers don't. It's a totally different ball game for a big budget TV show where the quality of the show, the actors and the scripts are everything to determine if a show becomes a smash hit.

BANNED

I never said quality wasn't important...I simply noted what makes Gotham work doesn't apply to Gifted.

Although what does constitute a smash hit these days? I assume ad prices if I am the network and the young adult market share %?

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I never said quality wasn't important...I simply noted what makes Gotham work doesn't apply to Gifted.

Although what does constitute a smash hit these days? I assume ad prices if I am the network and the young adult market share %?
    Ratings in the key demographics which generate ad money determine a smash hit for the studio and network. If you are doing 7-8 million viewers in the US consistently on a big network in this divided market place and you have heavily hit the demographic areas they are hoping for you are a hit.

A smash hit is a show that breaks out of the pack, we haven't seen many smash hits from comic inspired TV shows outside a extremely small number like the Walking Dead which has long gotten smash hit numbers while being on a little network which makes it all the more impressive.

Comic based TV shows so far by in large haven't shared the success they had on film on the smaller screen when it comes to big hits.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-04-2017 at 08:10 AM.

BANNED

Ah informative as always jmc247

I know this is beating a dead horse but Gifted and the Inhumans TV series really shows how Marvel was crazy to think the Inhumans could replace the Mutants. The messages are completely different the Mutants are about be oppressed and persecuted for who you are while Inhumans is about choosing to place yourself above others. Ok I haven't seen Inhumans yet and obviously Gifted but from reviews and trailers Gifted is about people on the run and being persecuted for being born different a very root worthy characters. Now Inhumans I saw reviewers who said Maximus the villain of the series came off as the hero. Here's why I'll spoiler tag for those interested in Inhumans.

spoilers:
    So apparently instead of Alpha Primates they have a caste system in this show. Some Inhumans who go thru the Terrigen end up normal humans and one is Maximus now if you're turned Human you're made the lowest caste in Inhuman society and basically work to make life better for the others. Maximus is spared this because he is a member of the Royal Family but is looked down upon. So he leads a coup against his brother and the rest of the Royal Family who go on the run on Earth. What is Maximus's goal? Equality he wants equality for all Inhumans according to reviews I've seen. How the hell can these people be considered heroes? Now they have a whole show to show them changing and Maximus really has an evil plan but really it's starting off flawed and it shows the Inhumans superiority complex they've always had in the comics and thus why them trying to replace the X-Men is beyond idiotic.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I know this is beating a dead horse but Gifted and the Inhumans TV series really shows how Marvel was crazy to think the Inhumans could replace the Mutants. The messages are completely different the Mutants are about be oppressed and persecuted for who you are while Inhumans is about choosing to place yourself above others. Ok I haven't seen Inhumans yet and obviously Gifted but from reviews and trailers Gifted is about people on the run and being persecuted for being born different a very root worthy characters. Now Inhumans I saw reviewers who said Maximus the villain of the series came off as the hero. Here's why I'll spoiler tag for those interested in Inhumans.

spoilers:
    So apparently instead of Alpha Primates they have a caste system in this show. Some Inhumans who go thru the Terrigen end up normal humans and one is Maximus now if you're turned Human you're made the lowest caste in Inhuman society and basically work to make life better for the others. Maximus is spared this because he is a member of the Royal Family but is looked down upon. So he leads a coup against his brother and the rest of the Royal Family who go on the run on Earth. What is Maximus's goal? Equality he wants equality for all Inhumans according to reviews I've seen. How the hell can these people be considered heroes? Now they have a whole show to show them changing and Maximus really has an evil plan but really it's starting off flawed and it shows the Inhumans superiority complex they've always had in the comics and thus why them trying to replace the X-Men is beyond idiotic.
    end of spoilers
    Interesting points and while I agree never underestimate the power of a large corporation's ability to use marketing to over time win enough people over
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

https://www.instagram.com/hayleylovitt/

Sage, Blink, & Polaris (+makeup's Jenny Lin)...

... ROCKIN' the boat!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-04-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm so happy Sage will be in this that is just awesome. Curious about what sort of interpretation they will give the character.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Please, be better than inhumans

BANNED

Being better than a show with 0% on Rotten Tomatoes can't be that hard.