Page 104 of 308 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4616

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    They will. FOX almost never gets any credit.

"Deadpool was a success!"
    "It's only because of Miller and Reynolds!"

"Logan was a success!"
    "It's only because of Mangold and Jackman!"

"Legion was a success!"
    "It's only because of Noah Hawley!"
    Legion I don't know where Noah Hawley's credit starts and Fox's end but Deadpool they had to leak the test footage to get it made and took a lower budget to get the rating they wanted same for Logan. Now I completely understand the reason for the studio wanting a lower budget for the films it's harder to get your money back on R rated films. But I would agree most of the credit for those two films go to the people actually making them and not the studio especially Deadpool. Now Fox deserves full credit for films like DOFP, Apocalypse, First Class, The Wolverine, X2, and X-Men all successes to varying degrees.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Legion I don't know where Noah Hawley's credit starts and Fox's end but Deadpool they had to leak the test footage to get it made and took a lower budget to get the rating they wanted same for Logan. Now I completely understand the reason for the studio wanting a lower budget for the films it's harder to get your money back on R rated films. But I would agree most of the credit for those two films go to the people actually making them and not the studio especially Deadpool. Now Fox deserves full credit for films like DOFP, Apocalypse, First Class, The Wolverine, X2, and X-Men all successes to varying degrees.
    Other than First Class & The Wolverine, I hated all of those movies.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well I would divide Logan's success threeways. If not for Deadpool, Logan as it was would not have been looked at. Fox for actually paying attention to the success of Deadpool and letting the creator do what he wants. And the team behind Logan was great. I would also put Noah Hawley success in team Fox since he pitched to Fox and Fox is the one making these shows. Them being impressed with Noah Hawley so much so that they are giving him Doom could be huge.

BANNED

When it comes to the various, individual producers of this show, do we have anything beyond speculation, that can confirm the actual contributions of each? I mean, NiX is a no-brainer, but whatta 'bout the rest?

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I'm not playing this game again. I'm here to talk about a TV show/movie/comic books. I come to this forum to discuss these things. I'm not here to talk about race when I live my race in all facets of my life. I'm here to get away from that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    They will. FOX almost never gets any credit.

"Deadpool was a success!"
    "It's only because of Miller and Reynolds!"

"Logan was a success!"
    "It's only because of Mangold and Jackman!"

"Legion was a success!"
    "It's only because of Noah Hawley!"
    because people mostly don't like X-men team movies. If Singer would create Deadpool or Logan... They would earn 300 millions and would have lower ratings.
    People praise Deadpool and Logan.

salarta :
    the reality is that Fox is better for the X-Men franchise than Marvel.
    that's your reality because this is your opinion
    this is not a fact

Deadpool proved that they don't have good idea about x-men.
    Marvel's been screwing the X-Men over for nearly a decade (as a Polaris fan, fan of a character directly hurt by Marvel's antics, I've noticed this),
    and Fox was better with Polaris? She was in many movies? right/s

Fox only has the X-Men franchise to really work with. They have to make the most of what they have. That means stuff like using obscure and generally unappreciated characters for projects, e.g. Gifted, that Marvel has a history of ignoring or treating poorly when they have the entire Marvel universe to work with.
    1 - Marvel is better with obscure characters - look at Guardians of the Galaxy
    2 - X-men were never developed but other characters... they are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    because people mostly don't like X-men team movies. If Singer would create Deadpool or Logan... They would earn 300 millions and would have lower ratings.
    X2 and DoFP were some of the best comicbook movies of all time so your argument is invalid.

and Fox was better with Polaris? She was in many movies? right/s
    Yeah you can say the same with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron First, Punisher... And why would you deny the fact that Marvel has been sabotaging the X-Men for several years by bringing Fox/movie rights into this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    X2 and DoFP were some of the best comicbook movies of all time so your argument is invalid.
    X2 was many years ago... DOFP? that's one exception when we look at last x-men movies.
    my point is valid. Last trilogy (as a whole) is very unsatisfactory.

good writers were writing stories for these movies. Singer wrote for Apocalypse.
    similarly: the gifted

And why would you deny the fact that Marvel has been sabotaging the X-Men for several years by bringing Fox/movie rights into this?
    I didn't deny this. This is true but it doesn't change the fact that Fox last trilogy also damaged X-men (except Magneto and Xavier and Wolverine).

Marvel is damaging the X-men in events. That's true. They try to promote characters they full own.

Marvel is trying to capitalize on x-men movies. That's why we have Jean and Cable solo series right now. That's why Deadpool was everywhere after his movie. That's why Wolverine is everywhere. a

People don't care about x-men unless they were a fans before watching movies. Many people care about Wolverine, Magneto. but Cyclops? Storm? any other x-men except Wolverine? They are much better in other adaptations.

Spectacular Member

?
    I thought they were two of the worst comic book movies of all time.

BANNED

We talking only the modern era? So post X-Men I? or Blade I?

Cause I can think of plenty of terrible superhero movies granted I too hated DOFP.

RT and Metacritic say otherwise hihi.

BANNED

RT and Metacritic say otherwise hihi.
    X2 is not even in top 20 best super hero movies (rt)
    similarly on metacritic

Firstly, talk about and discuss the show, not each other.

Secondly it is perfectly acceptable to talk about the diversity of the show, or lack thereof.

Thirdly be respectful when talking to your fellow posters about anything please.

Ultimate Member

X2 has aged pretty well imo.

After hearing the news about how the Inhumans IMAX debut is flopping, I can't help but wonder if this will somehow affect "The Gifted." It might be for the better, but it might also be a detriment as well. If you're a veteran comic fan, you know the difference between the X-men and the Inhumans. But if you only watch the movies or TV shows, that difference might be harder to grasp. Is it possible that those disappointed by the Inhumans will look at "The Gifted" and shrug it off? I don't know, but I think the poor showing of Inhumans will affect The Gifted in some ways.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.