Page 105 of 308 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4616

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After hearing the news about how the Inhumans IMAX debut is flopping, I can't help but wonder if this will somehow affect "The Gifted." It might be for the better, but it might also be a detriment as well. If you're a veteran comic fan, you know the difference between the X-men and the Inhumans. But if you only watch the movies or TV shows, that difference might be harder to grasp. Is it possible that those disappointed by the Inhumans will look at "The Gifted" and shrug it off? I don't know, but I think the poor showing of Inhumans will affect The Gifted in some ways.
    I will say this, the short 10 ep season one and the masses not knowing enough about the show early is worrying.

It might mean like for Walking Dead it won't be until the 2nd or 3rd season the masses show up because of word of mouth. I have the sense the early word out mouth is good, but nowhere near as good or as widespread in the divided market place as it should be a month before it airs given what I am hearing about not just the pilot.

Are there detractors among those who have watched the first ep? A few that come from the whole super hero shows should be light hearted escapist fair with a lot of jokes like GotG variety with the argument that if they wanted to hear about race and minority group commentary they would watch the news.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I will say this, the short 10 ep season one and the masses not knowing enough about the show early is worrying.

It might mean like for Walking Dead it won't be until the 2nd or 3rd season the masses show up because of word of mouth. I have the sense the early word out mouth is good, but nowhere near as good as it should be a month before it airs given what I am hearing about not just the pilot.

Are there detractors among those who have watched the first ep? Sure. Most of those come from the whole super hero shows should he light hearted escapist fair with a lot of jokes like GotG variety with the argument that if they wanted to hear about negative current events and race and minority group commentary they would watch the news.
    Surely you aren't talking about The Gifted right? Because having only 10 episodes in the first season is a godsend that has been applauded by people who typically know how 22-23 episode seasons effect writing in a negative way. With shorter seasons you get less filler episodes. shorter seasons means the writers can put the emphasis on single or limited story/character arcs per season. Giving each arc more weight and impact, overall!

Also an increase in the production quality. (Let's keep it real, the X-men have mostly "flashy powers," and many people want to see "flashy powers" on screen a lot. This show is going to need the increase in production quality really badly) With less episodes to write, it’d be easier for the producers to maintain the vision for the series, not needing to be outsourced to other not so good writers as much as a 22-23 episode season. Which means we get a more consistent plot and character development.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 09-06-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Surely you aren't talking about The Gifted right? Because having only 10 episodes in the first season is a godsend that has been applauded by people who typically know how 22-23 episode seasons effect writing in a negative way. With shorter seasons you get less filler episodes. shorter seasons means the writers can put the emphasis on single or limited story/character arcs per season. Giving the arcs more of an impact, overall!

An increased production quality. (Let's keep it real, the X-men have mostly "flashy powers," and many people want to see "flashy powers" on screen a lot. This show is going to need the increase in production quality really badly) With less episodes to write, it’d be easier for the producers to maintain the vision for the series, not needing to be outsourced to other writers as much as a 22-23 episode season. Which means we get a more consistent plot and character development.
    I know the song and dance for why it's gods gift to humanity to have tiny 6-10 ep seasons to shows. I just frankly don't believe most of it. The Walking Dead managed 16 ep seasons as well as their first six ep season.

Their first season was good ratings but ended before word of mouth managed to hit fever pitch, their second season at something like 13 eps had great ratings and their third longest season at 16 which number they stayed at had amazing ratings and they have by in large kept their quality and amazing ratings which some drop off only recently.

Certainly for our ADHD generation having tiny seasons allows them to maintain a uber high action pace, but the season will end by the time the masses are getting into it so if the show doesn't preform massively well the first and second ep. Unless a huge audience shows up for ep one which might or might not happen it will be up to word of mouth from season one to two in order to win over the public.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2017 at 06:10 AM.

I know the song and dance for why it's gods gift to have tiny 6-10 ep seasons. I just frankly don't believe most of it. The Walking Dead managed 16 ep seasons as well as their first six ep season.

Certainly for our ADHD generation having tiny seasons allows them to maintain a uber high action pace, but the season will end by the time the masses are getting into it so if the show doesn't preform massively well the first and second ep. It's up to word of mouth from season one to two in order to win over the public.
    Uh....Yeah? That is typically how MOST tv shows live or die early on, especially on Fox's network as they only keep high rating shows on their network. From what we've heard. The producers think episode 2 is even better than the first. And we have actual amazing to great reviews for the first episode. We've heard nothing to really worry about on that front.

If anything. The biggest worry for this show, is how it's going to find it's identity, when other shows have literally aped the concept of the X-men already. 'Looking at you Heros' And now we got this new show called Code 8 that is coming out next year. It is 100% X-men lite from it's concept it's laughable!
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 09-06-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Uh....Yeah? That is typically how MOST tv shows live or die early on, especially on Fox's network as they only keep high rating shows on their network. From what we've heard. The producers think episode 2 is even better than the first. And we have actual amazing to great reviews for the first episode. We've heard nothing to really worry about on that front.
    I am well aware of how shows on big network TV really have trouble with the slow motion hit concept.

Much is riding on a huge audience for episode one and it to carry over to the second rumor has it great episode two. If 10-20 million people show up to the first ep the show is in great shape. If 5-10 then it will get a second season if there isn't a massive of a drop off to ep 2 and 3, but heavily for a highly successful season ratings wise they will be looking to season two.

A more negative case which still isn't terrible I was alluding to is the audience thinks just another super hero TV show come early October and like for the Walking Dead season one by the time word of mouth spreads far and wide its a great show it will be the middle to end of the first season already and it's up to season two to become the ratings smash hit.

The more the word is spread before ep 1 that this is a great show the better in this instance.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2017 at 06:29 AM.

I am well aware of how shows on big network TV really have trouble with the slow motion hit concept.

Much is riding on a huge audience for episode one and it to carry over to the second rumor has it great episode two. If 10-20 million people show up to the first ep the show is in great shape. If 5-10 then it will get a second season if there isn't a massive of a drop off to ep 2 and 3, but heavily for a highly successful season ratings wise they will be looking to season two.

A more negative case which still isn't terrible I was alluding to is the audience thinks just another super hero TV show come early October and like for the Walking Dead season one by the time word of mouth spreads far and wide its a great show it will be the middle to end of the first season already and it's up to season two to become the ratings smash hit.

The more the word is spread before ep 1 that this is a great show the better in this instance.

What you've said is mostly true. But I fail to see where a lower episode count for the first season could be worrying? Hell, TWD had a 6 episode first season. That was low because I doubt there was much faith had in that show to begin with and look how that turned out. And who's to say that The Gifted won't eventually adopt 16 ep seasons. (Personally I think 13 is the sweet spot)
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 09-06-2017 at 06:35 AM.

What you've said is mostly true. But I fail to see where a lower episode count for the first season could be worrying? Hell, TWD had a 6 episode first season. That was low because I doubt there was much faith had in that show to begin with and look how that turned out. And who's to say that The Gifted won't eventually adopt 16 ep seasons. (Personally I think 13 is the sweet spot)
    I didn't say it was terrible. I said it will be up to season two to deliver the stellar ratings as with Walking Dead if the show doesn't pull huge numbers for the first episode if word of mouth doesn't hit into high gear until mid to late October. That would be somewhat less the case for a 13 or 16 ep season. We don't know what the first ep will pull so we will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    and Fox was better with Polaris? She was in many movies? right/s
    Before I address this comment, I want to say something about the other things you've said. I've had this conversation with you before. You can't dismiss someone's else opinion as not being fact, and then present your own opinion as a fact. Saying people mostly don't like X-Men team films is your opinion, not a fact. Cause unless you have a way to speak to every living person on earth, there is no way you could know how everyone feels about the X-Men franchise. So if you want to state your opinions that's fine, but you need to stop dismissing other people's opinions for "not being facts" and then acting as if your own opinion somehow are.

Now, yes, Fox is doing wonderful with Polaris from what we've seen. Seeing as how the heavy lifting is being done by the people at Fox when it comes to The Gifted, I do give them credit for presenting a Polaris her fans want to see. Don't know what the movies have to do with any of that.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-06-2017 at 06:57 AM.

I didn't say it was terrible. I said it will be up to season two to deliver the stellar ratings as with Walking Dead if the show doesn't pull huge numbers for the first episode because word of mouth doesn't hit into high gear until mid to late October. That would be somewhat less the case for a 13 or 16 ep season. We don't know what the first ep will pull so we will have to wait and see.
    Neither did I say you said that lol.

This is going to sound so elitist and cynical of me. But the Inhumans failing spectacularly as a show so far in it's first two episodes is literally the perfect storm for this show in particular. Marvel fans and even Marvel Entertainment itself can save themselves the embarrassment that they are currently suffering from that burning dumpster juice of a "two part" premiere. Marvel will be eager to shift most of the promotion to this show since it's fairing really good so far. They'd be even more stupid than I thought if they didn't. It's only natural that they come crawling back to X-fans to save face, just like recently in comics.

God, just the thought of someone informing Ike that a large chunk of the profits made from all Marvel produced Television shows this year, comes from an IP that he doesn't completely own get's me so hyped!

spoilers:
    Look at what Marvel has done to me, I wouldn't even hate the Inhumans the way I do if not for their insistence that they are X-men, they are better, and that I should love them. They did this to themselves and they should lie in it
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 09-06-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Now, yes, Fox is doing wonderful with Polaris from what we've seen. Seeing as how the heavy lifting is being done by the people at Fox when it comes to The Gifted, I do give them credit for presenting a Polaris her fans want to see. Don't know what the movies have to do with any of that.
    I would add Marvel Studios has nothing to do with Lorna and her character getting screwed royally in the comics with the bulk of the interesting parts of early 2000s era Lorna being ignored, erased or retconned. That was all Marvel publishing I believe responding to pressure from above not to give Fox studios good ideas they might use.

This is Fox TV and Marvel TV coming together to make a show which has nothing to do with the publishing franchise. That they latched on to depictions of Lorna from a decade and a half ago Marvel publishing tried their best to pretend never happened and are utilizing them for the show it's great, but in the end some posters need to really separate the various organs of Marvel from each other as all of Marvel wasn't trying to downplay Lorna and erase the interesting parts of the character.

Marvel Studios didn't give a damn what the publishing franchise responding to pressure from Marvel Entertainment did.

spoilers:
    Look at what Marvel has done to me, I wouldn't even hate the Inhumans the way I do if not for their insistence that they are X-men, they are better, and that I should love them. They did this to themselves and they should lie in it
    end of spoilers
    I still love them for what they were before the Marvel vs Fox Studios wars. Hell Lorna shared a family connection and a big family story arc with them before Marvel publishing retconned their relations in the comics two years ago.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2017 at 07:14 AM.

No Marvel studios has nothing to do with Lorna and her character getting screwed royally in the comics with the bulk of the interesting parts of early 2000s era Lorna being ignored, erased or retconned. That was all Marvel publishing I believe responding to pressure from above not to give Fox studios good ideas they might use.

This is Fox TV and Marvel TV coming together to make a show which has nothing to do with the publishing franchise. That they latched on to depictions of Lorna from a decade and a half ago Marvel publishing tried their best to pretend never happened and are utilizing them for the show it's great, but in the end some posters need to really separate the various organs of Marvel from each other as all of Marvel wasn't trying to downplay Lorna and erase the interesting parts of the character.

Marvel Studios didn't give a damn what the publishing franchise responding to pressure from Marvel Entertainment did.
    I'm not talking about publishing. I'm referring to the comment made, were it appears that the poster is trying to imply Fox doesn't care about Lorna because she hasn't been in "many movies". They were trying to make a remark about them not using her as a way of saying that they don't care, which is untrue, seeing as how they've given her the opportunity to be developed on a multiple episodes of a show instead of a single film.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-06-2017 at 07:08 AM.

I'm not talking about publishing. I'm referring to the comment made, were it appears that the poster is trying to imply Fox doesn't care about Lorna because she hasn't been in "many movies". They were trying to make a remake about them not using her as a way of saying that they don't care, which is untrue, seeing as how they've given her the opportunity to be developed on a multiple episodes of a show instead of a single film.
    Yes, that is quite correct, I was more responding to the whole idea before that (not that you said it as you didn't) that Marvel Studios, Marvel Publishing and Marvel TV was all one big family working together in common cause.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Yes, that is quite correct, I was more responding to the whole idea before that not that you said it that Marvel Studios, Marvel Publishing and Marvel TV as if it was all one big happy family working together in common cause.
    Oh, okay. I get it now.

I'm not talking about publishing. I'm referring to the comment made, were it appears that the poster is trying to imply Fox doesn't care about Lorna because she hasn't been in "many movies". They were trying to make a remake about them not using her as a way of saying that they don't care, which is untrue, seeing as how they've given her the opportunity to be developed on a multiple episodes of a show instead of a single film.
    I just realized that because this show is being co produced with Marvel Entertainment, we may have a higher chance of getting merch. As soon as the first season is over I want some Funko pop announcements. If not then let a man dream!

I just realized that because this show is being co produced with Marvel Entertainment, we may have a higher chance of getting merch. As soon as the first season is over I want some Funko pop announcements. If not then let a man dream!
    If it's as successful as we both know it might be it will go along way to chipping away at the walls built up between Marvel Entertainment and Fox as companies as well as creating a new generation of global hard core X-Men fans who will buy such products.

A highly successful big budget TV show is better at producing hard core fans that endure then a successful film.