Page 106 of 308 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4616

September 14th The Gifted is screening in Chicago. The more who can make these screenings and spread the word the better.

https://gofobo.com/index.php/main/mo...VFZGQUxMTU0%3D

AMC River East 21
    322 E Illinois St
    Chicago, IL 60611

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Well Marvel don't deserve to get them in house again. FOX having the rights has exposed Marvel for what they are and has shown their true selfish, petty colors. I will celebrate every success FOX has with the Xmen property. Marvel will be fine anyways, they have the Inhumans.......
    for some weird reasons, I am not gloating about inhumans like most people are. for me its sad. but I blame marvel Disney. marvel disney does not clearly understand the old or let me say the true marvel especially xmen.

I don't even listen to RT, however if a score is 0% then then it must be as bad as batman and robin or worse since all the mcu scores are 5-10% higher than they need too be. research has shown many MCU films when the reviews are counted can easily be counted as rotten but they stay fresh. so this must be really beyond awful sadly.

as for marvel disney where do I begin, marvel disney believes that as long as they have money, power, the stupid demo, the media, softball critics they can easily just manipulate everything. marvel disney does not understand that what made xmen tick is their stories, mythos, characters, universe and content. xmen is a timeless tale ever expanding ever promising. it does not matter how you screw it or harm it. the substance of xmen will always remain and it will always attract people in every generation. cant say the same for most mcu movies or their characters or IPs. must be the reasons it was so easy to create a cinematic universe where everything is the same old cliche co-operate souless nonsense.

the inhumans had an interesting part too it. I feel like I could be a fan of Cyrstal. I wish marvel has respected that. as I sad, its the actors I feel bad for for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    because people mostly don't like X-men team movies. If Singer would create Deadpool or Logan... They would earn 300 millions and would have lower ratings.
    People praise Deadpool and Logan.

salarta :

that's your reality because this is your opinion
    this is not a fact

Deadpool proved that they don't have good idea about x-men.

and Fox was better with Polaris? She was in many movies? right/s

1 - Marvel is better with obscure characters - look at Guardians of the Galaxy
    2 - X-men were never developed but other characters... they are lucky
    1. You forgot people also praised. DOFP, XMen, X2, First Class and even Wolverine. how many people think deadpool is the best xmen movie? ah, whats with the lies still?

2. ah yes, even with another embarrassing mcu moment thanks to poor inhumans, MCU fans are still pushing this garbage narrative that xmen should be in the mcu. they started with a lie now the truth is been forced out. It is XMEN FANS OPINON...Real Xmen fans.

IT IS FACT THAT XMEN IS BETTER WITH SOMEONE ELSE BUT MARVEL.

deadpool proved they did not have a good idea bout xmen? coming from the peson that has no idea about rogue? sorry. marvel studios proved they dont have ideas about comics. they think comics are just action comedies thin plotted garbage to sell toys to kids. MCU has hurt the genre..that is FACT.

Last I checked again Logan, DOFP, X2 all cane from Fox. movies beyond the cgi comic nonsense mcu seems to make all the time. [B]No way will xmen stoop to that level.

3. Ah, obesucre characters? is this the reasons the insecure characters relies on cgi , brainless jokes, and explosion than having an actual story. GOTG? I liked it better when it was called Interstellar in 2014.

ah, As I predicted the failure of inhumans is only going to make marvel and their fans beg x-men to join their brainless cinematic universe when it has been proven over and over again that xmen is just far above the mcu narrative.

Logan, Legion, Gifted......poor MCU huh? even the kids they appeal to are getting tired.

BANNED

X2 was many years ago... DOFP? that's one exception when we look at last x-men movies.
    my point is valid. Last trilogy (as a whole) is very unsatisfactory.

good writers were writing stories for these movies. Singer wrote for Apocalypse.
    similarly: the gifted

I didn't deny this. This is true but it doesn't change the fact that Fox last trilogy also damaged X-men (except Magneto and Xavier and Wolverine).

Marvel is damaging the X-men in events. That's true. They try to promote characters they full own.

Marvel is trying to capitalize on x-men movies. That's why we have Jean and Cable solo series right now. That's why Deadpool was everywhere after his movie. That's why Wolverine is everywhere. a

People don't care about x-men unless they were a fans before watching movies. Many people care about Wolverine, Magneto. but Cyclops? Storm? any other x-men except Wolverine? They are much better in other adaptations.
    X2? 13 YEARS AGO and we still respect the movie more than all the mcu movies.

So singer wrote Apocalypse and also Gifted, which will turn out better than all the mcu stuff like legion did? nd not just better but once again, provr XMen is superior to the mcu. interesting

no wonder m cu tried to replace xmen now they are begging for film deals.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 09-06-2017 at 12:04 PM.

BANNED

X2 is not even in top 20 best super hero movies (rt)
    similarly on metacritic
    AH,

Deadpool
    Road to perdiction
    Batman Begins
    Winter Solider?

What are their scores again in rt and metacritic vs the cgi garbage mcu movies disrespected by film makers ?

I do remember the rt census that said Winter solider is the superior entry to the mcu universe.

am we to believe the majoroity of the mcu movies is better than road to prediction. ahahahaha.

That is no one's opinion.

ah, still waiting for 5 critics out of the 500+ in Hollywood that has cited rotten tomatoes as the main source to judge good movies.

ah, the melt down for some mcu fans over inhuman and gifted is funny. funnier then they called themselves ''x-men fans''

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After hearing the news about how the Inhumans IMAX debut is flopping, I can't help but wonder if this will somehow affect "The Gifted." It might be for the better, but it might also be a detriment as well. If you're a veteran comic fan, you know the difference between the X-men and the Inhumans. But if you only watch the movies or TV shows, that difference might be harder to grasp. Is it possible that those disappointed by the Inhumans will look at "The Gifted" and shrug it off? I don't know, but I think the poor showing of Inhumans will affect The Gifted in some ways.
    I think I have the same feelings too and it proves further how much MCU has damaged the comic book genre. some now hate all things comics simply because of MCU. some mcu fans cant face the fact. they just lie, lie and lie and get most hostile and hateful because mcu will once again prove to be inferior to xmen.

However I don't think inhumans will affect gifted that much and this is where we will see the true power and longevity of xmen. gifted is xmen first, not marvel. xmen has outgrown marvel, they are bigger than marvel in some sense and more iconic than even spiderman now is. so what fox will do is market gifted as an xmen IP not as a marvel IP. what fox will do is likely rely on the substance of xmen and that goes a long away. MCU never had substance only thing is it is getting more exposed that marvel cannot control it anymore. people are speaking out against MCU, just look at the mess of gotg 2, iron fist, defenders and even homecoming. all the same generic stuff. Mention Logan and Legion and people respect.

I like how some of the feedback of Gifted are already talking about things like stakes, heart, drama, family, the actors....reminds me of the exact reviews of xmen first class. and its is all xmen, its not marvel. so gifted should turn out okay. maybe just below Legion, which is still a huge compliment.

There is Marvel or let me say Marvel Disney

There is XMEN.

Don't get it twisted. they are not the same and should never be
    Last edited by Jaddor; 09-06-2017 at 12:25 PM.

@CanalFox_la transmitirá #TheGifted para Latinoamérica

https://mobile.twitter.com/lajenbaje...05366674460676

Fox Latin America will air the show across Latin America.

Also The Gifted now screening in LA on the 14th of this month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Screening...16263639719936

Aww, Wasn't trying to be annoying 😬😬😬
    Ugh I wanted to read what I posted..
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Are there detractors among those who have watched the first ep? A few that come from the whole super hero shows should be light hearted escapist fair with a lot of jokes like GotG variety with the argument that if they wanted to hear about race and minority group commentary they would watch the news.
    uh I'm not sure what you're trying to say tbh

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    If anything. The biggest worry for this show, is how it's going to find it's identity, when other shows have literally aped the concept of the X-men already. 'Looking at you Heros' And now we got this new show called Code 8 that is coming out next year. It is 100% X-men lite from it's concept it's laughable!
    That's an important thing for the show to do.... there's sooo many super hero shows on basic cable now. They could have immediately set the show apart by kicking the assignment the diversity department.
    GrindrStone(D)

After announcing the arrival of Inhumans on FOX, also The Gifted , the new Marvel series set in the X-Men universe, will air in Italy on FOX . Mutants, endowed with extraordinary powers, are watched with suspicion, fear, even hatred.

https://www.mondofox.it/amp/2017/07/...arrivo-su-fox/
    Now announced for Italy.

The show has North and South America pretty well covered, in terms of Europe we have Britain, Netherlands and now Italy.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.

salarta :

that's your reality because this is your opinion
    this is not a fact

Deadpool proved that they don't have good idea about x-men.

and Fox was better with Polaris? She was in many movies? right/s

1 - Marvel is better with obscure characters - look at Guardians of the Galaxy
    2 - X-men were never developed but other characters... they are lucky
    Nah, it's pretty well set by paying attention to what Marvel keeps taking away from the X-Men to give to the Avengers and Inhumans franchises, how it tries to turn the Inhumans into an X-Men replacement, etc. Out of pure necessity, Fox has to treat the X-Men better because it only has X-Men and Fantastic Four to work with. Marvel, by contrast, has everything other than that and Spider-Man. Marvel feels no need to support X-Men or Fantastic Four, and it's reflected in their willingness to tear down both franchises to give the Avengers and Inhumans a boost.

Fox is better for Polaris. She's being given a huge presence for Gifted, with a lot of promotion and major story involvement. They also appear to be given the most important thing about her character history and who she is post-Genosha: being an ardent defender of mutant rights with past trauma taken into account when showing her reaction to events and how deeply she cares about others and wanting to help them.

By contrast, Marvel has spent the past 8 years technically developing her, but burying or sabotaging each time, and acting like she has no value in general. Marvel's completely ignored the Genoshan genocide and its impact on her for over a decade now, and she was shoved into forced limbo for two years before coming back for X-Men Blue.

Fox (or at least, Matt Nix at Fox) sees Polaris as a troubled woman full of amazing potential worth being a TV show headliner. Marvel sees Polaris as a random nobody character that can't take part in Marvel events - because as Tom Brevoort once said, events are for "A listers and B listers," and Marvel sees her as far below those who "deserve" respect. If Marvel had the full rights to X-Men, Polaris would either never have received a live action depiction at all, or they would have made her a nameless cameo (like they did with Avengers vs X-Men) that gets easily defeated and/or killed by what they consider "better" characters.

If people want me to believe Marvel would be better with the film rights for Polaris and the X-Men franchise, Marvel needs to do a hell of a lot more to prove it. They spent the past 8 years proving to me that it's better for Fox to have those rights.

Fox is eager to explore core aspects of what defines Lorna, and they're eager to promote her and make sure people know she exists. Marvel just throws a few bread crumbs at Polaris fans every so often to get them to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I would add Marvel Studios has nothing to do with Lorna and her character getting screwed royally in the comics with the bulk of the interesting parts of early 2000s era Lorna being ignored, erased or retconned. That was all Marvel publishing I believe responding to pressure from above not to give Fox studios good ideas they might use.

This is Fox TV and Marvel TV coming together to make a show which has nothing to do with the publishing franchise. That they latched on to depictions of Lorna from a decade and a half ago Marvel publishing tried their best to pretend never happened and are utilizing them for the show it's great, but in the end some posters need to really separate the various organs of Marvel from each other as all of Marvel wasn't trying to downplay Lorna and erase the interesting parts of the character.

Marvel Studios didn't give a damn what the publishing franchise responding to pressure from Marvel Entertainment did.
    While all of this is true, I still think Polaris would've been screwed over with the X-Men franchise in the hands of Marvel studios. They would've stuck to "better," "more deserving" X-Men in the same vein the publishing side of Marvel perceives certain characters. Marvel Studios and the publishing side may be different things, but the publishing side reflects on Marvel as a whole, and Marvel Studios being part of Marvel itself means they carry many of the same attitudes.

At bare minimum, Marvel Studios would never have as many films and TV shows focused on the X-Men as Fox has out right now or in planning, which in itself means fewer chances for a character like Polaris to star in something. With Spider-Man in Sony's hands, Sony had plans to make a whole cinematic universe featuring Spider-Man characters all over the place. But now, collaborating with Marvel, it's just Homecoming and an appearance in Civil War; no talk that I've heard of making a Spider-Man TV show with "obscure" Spider-Man characters or anything like that.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Nah, it's pretty well set by paying attention to what Marvel keeps taking away from the X-Men to give to the Avengers and Inhumans franchises, how it tries to turn the Inhumans into an X-Men replacement, etc. Out of pure necessity, Fox has to treat the X-Men better because it only has X-Men and Fantastic Four to work with. Marvel, by contrast, has everything other than that and Spider-Man. Marvel feels no need to support X-Men or Fantastic Four, and it's reflected in their willingness to tear down both franchises to give the Avengers and Inhumans a boost.

Fox is better for Polaris. She's being given a huge presence for Gifted, with a lot of promotion and major story involvement. They also appear to be given the most important thing about her character history and who she is post-Genosha: being an ardent defender of mutant rights with past trauma taken into account when showing her reaction to events and how deeply she cares about others and wanting to help them.

By contrast, Marvel has spent the past 8 years technically developing her, but burying or sabotaging each time, and acting like she has no value in general. Marvel's completely ignored the Genoshan genocide and its impact on her for over a decade now, and she was shoved into forced limbo for two years before coming back for X-Men Blue.

Fox (or at least, Matt Nix at Fox) sees Polaris as a troubled woman full of amazing potential worth being a TV show headliner. Marvel sees Polaris as a random nobody character that can't take part in Marvel events - because as Tom Brevoort once said, events are for "A listers and B listers," and Marvel sees her as far below those who "deserve" respect. If Marvel had the full rights to X-Men, Polaris would either never have received a live action depiction at all, or they would have made her a nameless cameo (like they did with Avengers vs X-Men) that gets easily defeated and/or killed by what they consider "better" characters.

If people want me to believe Marvel would be better with the film rights for Polaris and the X-Men franchise, Marvel needs to do a hell of a lot more to prove it. They spent the past 8 years proving to me that it's better for Fox to have those rights.

Fox is eager to explore core aspects of what defines Lorna, and they're eager to promote her and make sure people know she exists. Marvel just throws a few bread crumbs at Polaris fans every so often to get them to shut up.

While all of this is true, I still think Polaris would've been screwed over with the X-Men franchise in the hands of Marvel studios. They would've stuck to "better," "more deserving" X-Men in the same vein the publishing side of Marvel perceives certain characters. Marvel Studios and the publishing side may be different things, but the publishing side reflects on Marvel as a whole, and Marvel Studios being part of Marvel itself means they carry many of the same attitudes.

At bare minimum, Marvel Studios would never have as many films and TV shows focused on the X-Men as Fox has out right now or in planning, which in itself means fewer chances for a character like Polaris to star in something. With Spider-Man in Sony's hands, Sony had plans to make a whole cinematic universe featuring Spider-Man characters all over the place. But now, collaborating with Marvel, it's just Homecoming and an appearance in Civil War; no talk that I've heard of making a Spider-Man TV show with "obscure" Spider-Man characters or anything like that.
    I would not say it is not fox persay, it is about a studio that value creative freedom and artistic integrity,

And you right about marvel , I have been saying the same thing. they have been stealing from xmen to give to avengers and inhumans. and it has blown up in their faces. I want to war with Xelossik over rogue and I won, it was not even a war because you cannot go to battle with lie.

you need to see when marvel and their fans tried to steal rogue and all the bs lie they came up with. for
    me not only was it bad but it was just a poor reflection on avengers , marvel and inhumans itself.

I blame marvel. everything they did has backfired. meanwhile X-Men remains unharmed
    Last edited by Jaddor; 09-06-2017 at 10:35 PM.

BANNED

sounds a lot like polaris from the comic post chuck austern era.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    sounds a lot like polaris from the comic post chuck austern era.
    So far this Lorna is while younger and street level, but very much in the Morrison-Austen era basic sand box for the character.

Anyway, the number of early screenings of The Gifted premiere continue to grow with one in Philadelphia at the end of the month and the first one this week in NYC.

A reminder to new posters that might go to one that unless we are talking about general thoughts or emotions that the actual substance should be in spoiler tags.

[spoil]Like this without the space in front of the /. [/ spoil]
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-07-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Lucky to see @TheGiftedonFOX early. Love what @EmmaDumont & @jamiechung1 bring to #Polaris & #Blink #theGifted

The Gifted is definitely a watch.

It aired in NYC, the commentary on twitter has started, by in very positive comments from those that watched mirroring the reviews to date.