Page 107 of 308 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4616
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I know there are ways to pre track estimation box office for movies, is there something similar for TV shows?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

She looks so Sage in this photo

21479657_348350325599081_813834150120259584_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I know there are ways to pre track estimation box office for movies, is there something similar for TV shows?
    They have tangential information based on how many people are watching the previews, the ads and rewatching the ads, talking about it online, etc. But, how many come October 2nd will sit in their living rooms and be watching it throughout the show or might come back for episode 2? That is guesswork.

Marvel knows it has a potential hit and wants the word of mouth about the show to spread now not starting October otherwise it wouldn't be pre releasing the show in various major market places each week so word of mouth spreads over the next month.

Getting to see the advanced screening of @TheGiftedonFOX was absolutely amazing, but now I have to wait a month for episode 2...

@TheGiftedonFOX Whoa! The episodes I saw tonight left me and the audience hanging. Can't wait for it to air! Good stuff!!!
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-08-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks jmc, so basically the pre numbers are very strong?

And I agree she does look Sage-y there that's great, I hope this show can at least capture the "spirit" of the canon even if it wildly diverges in the end

OBEY

Thanks jmc, so basically the pre numbers are very strong?
    Trailer watch online has been very high, ad watch on TV has been strong with a high level of attention and interest most weeks.

The Gifted
    Impressions: 100,559,767
    Attention Score: 94.22
    Imp. Types: National 86%, Local 11%, VOD/OTT 3%
    In-network Value: $1,370,788
    Out-of-network Est. Spend: $488,510

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...mo-push/168061
    Social media interest vs other similar shows I am not sure. But, the show does have a growing social media presence with a already growing fanbase. But, the real test will come in the lead up if positive buzzing and word of mouth can get enough people who are only vaguely aware to give it a chance for the first ep or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Trailer watch online has been very high, ad watch on TV has been strong with a high level of attention and interest most weeks.

Social media interest vs other similar shows I am not sure. But, the show does have a growing social media presence with a already growing fanbase. But, the real test will come in the lead up if positive buzzing and word of mouth can get enough people who are only vaguely aware to give it a chance for the first ep or two.
    I still feel that even on the youtube videos I checked, many comments are still along lines of "BOO SINGER SUCKS" "GIVE XMEN TO MARVEL ALREADY" "OMG LOL HEROES RIPOFF" you know? Now it could be trolls tend to comment more than average viewers but still, it does worry me some

OBEY

I still feel that even on the youtube videos I checked, many comments are still along lines of "BOO SINGER SUCKS" "GIVE XMEN TO MARVEL ALREADY" "OMG LOL HEROES RIPOFF" you know? Now it could be trolls tend to comment more than average viewers but still, it does worry me some
    Hard core online MCU fanboys are relatively insignificant compared to the general public at large which the show is trying to entice to show up, but they can play a bit of role in the overall background buzz of the show.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-11-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Fox TV Poland and Fox TV Russia decided to pick up the show.

Fox TV Asia which has markets in several Asian countries including Japan, China, India and South Korea has up the advertisement for the show on their Facebook page. It looks like the opening will be quite global.

https://www.facebook.com/FoxTVAsia
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-11-2017 at 08:33 AM.

I'm getting nervous about how the wide reaction will be, we really need this show to be received well don't we guys

OBEY

I'm getting nervous about how the wide reaction will be, we really need this show to be received well don't we guys
    For Polaris' sake, I believe we definitely do. Marvel is so committed to burying her that Fox is really her only chance to break out.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The X-Men do very much need a new generation of fans the kind Summer comic book movie hits on their own rarely cultivate these days. Legion is popular among a niche market, but its not ability to branch out to the wider global public is more limited. A million viewers for an episode of FX in the states is fine, many Legion episodes didn't do that. For The Gifted starting at 10 million and over and averaging around 5 million for season 1 would be ok to good. Lucifer with an obviously lower budget managed slightly less then that its first first season.

I will be honest for the type of numbers I am low ball actually hoping for though. At least 14/15 million for the start and a 7-9 million viewer average for the season in the states. Those wouldn't be smash hit numbers, but it would be solid hit numbers.

Globally of course each different Fox subsidiary has their own set of ratings hopes and expectations for the show based on their market.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-11-2017 at 09:17 AM.

The bigger city and state newspapers are starting to review the Fall season around the country.

Ohio Plain Dealer.

The breezy best of this unremarkable lot, including the ABC comedy "The Mayor" and the Fox action thriller "The Gifted," are fun, entertaining and extremely engaging. They are sturdy vehicles for likable stars.

And then, of course, there are the absolute stinkers, like CBS' incredibly smug "Wisdom of the Crowd" and ABC's astonishingly awful "Marvel's Inhumans." That mournful sound you're hearing is the scraping of the bottom of a fall barrel.

"The Gifted" (Fox): This one hits the ground running and delivers a breathless, tautly paced opening hour. There are some familiar elements in this new Marvel series from writer-director-executive producer Bryan Singer ("The X-Men"), but the excellent cast and gripping action keep you hooked.

The Gifted" is the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the discovery that their children possess mutant powers. And mutants are hunted down by the government.

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/ind...ws_videos.html
    From the Saint Louis Dispach

8 p.m. Oct. 2 on Fox • Even if you’re not familiar with the “X-Men” comics, there’s a been-there element to this drama about parents (Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker) who find out their kids have mutant powers. Nevertheless, the first episode has both humanity and excitement. B

http://www.stltoday.com/online/the-g...4b66be28a.html
    Now some online sites...Buzz Feed review

Be Excited

The Gifted

There's little more to understanding The Gifted's pleasures than its straightforward idea behind it, which is X-Men: The Show. But at least in the pilot, that is enough. Reed and Caitlin Strucker — Stephen Moyer (True Blood) and Amy Acker (Angel, Person of Interest) — find out that their two teenage kids (Natalie Alyn Lind and Percy Hynes White) are mutants (he can blow **** up, she can create force fields out of air and water).

And, as we know from X-Men, America inexplicably hates mutants and has passed laws against them! So they're in grave danger after Andy reveals his powers in a dramatic display at a school dance. It's an added complication that Reed is a lawyer in charge of rooting out and prosecuting mutants, but that also means he's familiar enough with the mutants' network that he can get in touch with their underground to get help.

And that's sort of it? There's no mystical gobbledygook like there was in Heroes, which also had this premise. But the mutants have cool powers, Bryan Singer (who directed several X-Men movies) directed the exciting and expensive-looking pilot, and Matt Nix (the Burn Notice creator) has written an adept pilot episode that delivers exactly what an audience would want.

The Gifted doesn't offer the sometimes transgressive pleasures (cursing, nudity, more explicit violence) of Marvel's Netflix shows, but instead is a network family drama with a twist. Since its creation, X-Men has provided political allegories for the persecution of people who are outside the norm, so let's see whether this show draws particular strength (and possible resonance) during These Troubled Times. —K.A.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/kat...v-preview-2017
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-11-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

BTS with Emma, Blair, and Percy.

I've been seeing a lot of positive buzz on Twitter. Very exciting.

Amazing Member

Garret Dillahunt best known for his role on Raising Hope set to recur on The Gifted!!! http://deadline.com/2017/09/the-gift...es-1202167251/
    Last edited by SahidPaul9; 09-11-2017 at 01:12 PM.

‘The Gifted’: Garret Dillahunt Set To Recur In Fox’s Marvel Drama Series

One of the alumni I really liked from Terminator The Sarah Conner Chronicles is coming over for a reoccurring role. Nice with Lucifer on at 8PM and another TSCC alumni there and another on Game of Thrones.

Sounds like Mr. Dillahunt might be one of the genetics experts at Trask Industries who seem to contract with the SS.

Looks like I was beat to it by a few seconds.

Ah memories. The first season of TSCC was good, but cut short by the strike, the second was great, but the show lost its momentum with viewers and got too deep into its own continuity without starting off after the long break with enough viewers.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-11-2017 at 01:25 PM.