Page 109 of 308 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4616
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Wow if this show has Rachel that would be great but at the same time wouldn't she fit better on Legion? At least in terms of powers
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Don't get a head of yourself. Just because they have Ahab, doesn't mean any of his meaningful connections from the comics are going to be used either.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wow if this show has Rachel that would be great but at the same time wouldn't she fit better on Legion? At least in terms of powers
    If the son of Xavier can't be used as a counterpoint to Polaris aka the daughter of Magneto, why not use Rachel: the daughter of Cyclops and Phoenix? Seeing the offspring of core X-Men would be perfect. As for her powers, Rachel doesn't have to be written as an omega level psionic, just like Polaris isn't being written as an omega level magnetrix.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Remember the timeline is based off of DoFP, it just hasn't reached to the level that things did in the future version of the film as yet. They haven't come right out and said this is DoFP, but have broadly hinted several times it's an offshoot of DoFP's 1973 timeline where America decides to cull the Mutants and while Sentinels don't rule it looks like an America one possible step away from DoFP 2027.

As for how The Gifted connects to the larger X-Men film universe, Redford immediately went to the multiple realities explanation. “Our creator, Matt Nix, has tried to explain that because of Days of Future Past, multiple timelines now exist,” he said. According to Teale, the X-Men and Mutant Brotherhood once existed in The Gifted’s timeline, but “the Sentinel Services are so successful at what they do,” Mutants are now in hiding.

“Why wouldn’t you want to play someone that’s trying to do good in the world when the world is trying not to do good by them,” Teale asked before alluding to the fact that some mutant freedom fighters like himself might compromise their altruistic intentions as they push back against Sentinel Services.

I think Thunderbird and Polaris — through this underground network — their relationship does fracture. Thunderbird has this way of thinking, which in my opinion is a good one, Polaris has another. Eclipse gets torn between the two.

http://www.cbr.com/gifted-xmen-social-relevance/2/
    Anyway filming stopped due to the storm according to Deadline due to storm related issues, though I would imagine it should be up today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-12-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Remember the timeline is based off of DoFP, it just hasn't reached to the level that things did in the future version of the film as yet.

They haven't come right out and said this is DoFP, but have broadly hinted several times it's an offshoot of DoFP's 1973 timeline where America decides to cull the Mutants and while Sentinels don't rule it looks like an America one possible step away from DoFP 2027.
    Ugh even more evidence that points to Eclipse originally supposed to have been Sunspot
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Ugh even more evidence that points to Eclipse originally supposed to have been Sunspot
    The show is its own timeline. I don't think it has any connection to the DOFP movie so I don't think Sunspot matters.

Remember the timeline is based off of DoFP, it just hasn't reached to the level that things did in the future version of the film as yet.

They haven't come right out and said this is DoFP, but have broadly hinted several times it's an offshoot of DoFP's 1973 timeline where America decides to cull the Mutants and while Sentinels don't rule it looks like an America one possible step away from DoFP 2027.

Anyway filming stopped due to the storm according to Deadline due to storm related issues, though I would imagine it should be up today or tomorrow.
    So Kitty helped Wolvie fracture the timeline? We need some new memes quick. Barry ain't the only one fucking up the timeline now!

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    The show is its own timeline. I don't think it has any to the DOFP movie so I don't think Sunspot matters.
    But then there's This deleted image from Sean Teale the actor playing "Eclipse" Instagram :/
    IMG_20170912_145636_694.jpg
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I agree Skid. It is clear beyond clear that Eclipse is alt version of Sunspot. Which will get even more confusing given there is a new Sunspot in New Mutants movie as well.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

People will be VERY confused that one character is called Roberto DaCosta, whose codename is Sunspot and is a rich teenage playboy and another character is called Marcos Diaz, codename Eclipse, who got thrown on the streets by his parents and is a hotheaded adult now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    People will be VERY confused that one character is called Roberto DaCosta, whose codename is Sunspot and is a rich teenage playboy and another character is called Marcos Diaz, codename Eclipse, who got thrown on the streets by his parents and is a hotheaded adult now.
    And that one Roberto DaCosta from New Mutants 1-100 is black while all these other ones are not.
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/DouglasTa...23329570910208

New character announced for The Gifted Shatter.

He's probably gonna get "shattered" and killed by episode 2
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

The character is a Morlock in the comics. YES, more Morlocks please.