Page 11 of 308 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Now that we have Polaris, Blink, & most likely Forge... as well as supposedly created by & for the show NuMutants, Eclipse & the two young sibs on the run, "Lauren" & "Andy" (wonder what their powers are?)... I've been thinkin' we might get some promotional X-over with the movies, by way of some attention-getting, buzz-worthy guest appearances, from already established in the film universe characters. Of those available possibilities & IF it were to happen, the ones I would like to see, AND... the 3 I think we'd probably be most likely to see, ARE:

... obviously, and based off gut instinct for some reason, as much as probability:

... AND, using TWO parts wishful thinking, with only one part objective speculation:

Think the likes of NuJean, Cyke, Storm, Xavier, Mags, & of course, OML, will be kept eXclusive to the movies... for the time being, that is. ;p

BANNED

There's so much blending of TV and movies today I honestly don't think ANY character is off the table, even CGI-heavy ones like Nightcrawler since they're bringing back the Sentinels. There was a time that television was where film actors went when their careers were drying up, but now you have major stars making guest appearances, if not headlining shows.

BANNED

Oh, and due to the:

... connection...

... and the media coverage such stunt casting would get, I would be surprised if we didn't eventually see:

... SHOW UP!! :-D
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-04-2017 at 10:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Oh, and due to the:

... connection...

... and the media coverage such stunt casting would get, I would be surprised if we didn't eventually see:

... SHOW UP!! :-D
    AFAIK, Anna is still interested in the character. Especially if it finally gives her the chance to be the badass Flying Brick from the 90s 'toon.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Rogue is going to end up being recast eventually I'm sure, but honestly, they owe Anna her moment. I'd love to see the badass 90s version of Rogue showing up and giving the fans what they've been asking for. I always felt like Anna could have pulled that off, and I would love to see it.

It's a pity DoFP: Rogue Cut established that Rogue got her powers back. This show could have actually salvaged Rogue's WTF! decision to "cure" herself in The Last Stand by revealing she got a temporary "happy ending" by moving away from Bobby and the X-Men, meeting Moyer's flatscan character, settling down with him and having kids, only to find out that they're ironically mutants and she has to be on the run again to protect them!

It would've been very poignant (and tragic) for her character to realize that she cannot really escape from who she truly is no matter what she does to transform herself or how she thought she did finally succeed in being accepted by society. Also, it would've been adorable to see Moyer/Paquin play loving parents to mutant children. Sookie/Bill FTW!

SO, just who is...

[CENTER]... super-seXy "Sam"...

... ;P... REALLY?!

One of the Proudstar brothers maybe...

John/Thunderbird...

... or James/Warpath?
    If it had been one of Thunderbird, Warpath or Forge, I think their actual names would have been used but damn does James deserve redemption in live action along with Blink.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-04-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This doesn't change anything. Matt Nix is the showrunner. Joss Whedon directed the first episode of AoS. Would anyone say he's involved with that.
    gambit as the new michael westen? LOL

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4396630/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_2
    and when did singer start getting the michael bay treatment?
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-04-2017 at 01:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There's so much blending of TV and movies today I honestly don't think ANY character is off the table, even CGI-heavy ones like Nightcrawler since they're bringing back the Sentinels. There was a time that television was where film actors went when their careers were drying up, but now you have major stars making guest appearances, if not headlining shows.
    I agree, to some degree. I think at first though, supporting characters from the films whose powers and/or look are more... practical in nature, let's say, and less reliant on the still more costly CGI in bringing them to life... stand a better chance, in the beginning. That's why I think I chose Psylocke pretty much, over all the others from the current Apocalypse cast, 'cause she fills that role the best IMO. Not taking into account characters with in-story and/or out-of-story connections, of course, like Rogue & Quicksilver. But after Betts, I'm not sure who else would be neXt on the list, TBH with ya.

With the XCU's previously professed aversion to duplicating powers on screen, and Blink already being there, I figured that's pretty much THE major strike against Kurt. Unless he were to show up & help with her training or something, IDK. And he IS one of the most special FX-heavy characters, wherein they're basically required to do him justice. There's always the image inducer thing, but I have... miXed feelings, about the message that might send. Depends on how it's used though, I suppose.

When it comes to the Sentinels, I think fans should be picturing less DoFP, and more... OZT!!! Just a hunch, but from the articles I've been reading this morning & even before that, it's where I believe they might be heading.

And you're right, TV has rightfully garnered A LOT more respect, as the years have gone on. Much of that is due to the ever-growing home entertainment market, beyond just broadcasting & cable, and now into direct streaming. All that competition--plus the deeper storytelling serialized formats allow for--have led to some REALLY high quality creative product, over the last decade or so.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If it had been one of Thunderbird, Warpath or Forge, I think their actual names would have been used but damn does James deserve redemption in live action along with Blink.
    You mean Forge's actual name isn't Sam... short for Samuel?

They would be smart including Thunderbird or Warpath. They have Polaris and Blink, they need a familiar male character too, and any of them would be a perfect choice, same with Forge.

Im sure there will be 1-2 more comics characters, so cant wait to more news

Wasn't a thread made specifically for this X-Men tv show? Why are we discussing things here?

BANNED

From IGN.com's Matt NiX Confirms the X-Men TV Series IS Connected to the Movies:

... NiX: ... when I was working on [my series] I was like, I really need to see Legion to make sure that I don't step on anything they're doing or whatever. Then I saw it and I was like, "There's no chance I am stepping on anything they are doing!" It's a great show. It's a very different... it's more cable-icious. It's a very different world. ...

... NiX: ... I would say that a fan of the movies -- particularly the movies, but also the comic books -- would not be disoriented at all as to where this fits in the mythology. I guess I'd say that if you look at the movies... they don't all line up perfectly. You know what I mean? So it's not like, I'm not slavishly fitting myself into a particular slot. But at the same time, if you like that world, if you like the world of the movies, there are definite nods to it. It definitely exists in the same general kind of universe, if that makes sense. ...

... NiX: ... in a world where mutant kids just manifesting their powers have to go on the run, you know, established mutants are going to have something to say about that. ...

... NiX: ... it's sort of designed to side step questions like, “Where is Wolverine?” You sort of have to answer those questions. I didn't want to do anything like, “Wolverine is just off screen!” It exists in a world where those questions are answered without needing to name a lot of names or spend a lot of time dwelling on those issues.

... there is certainly a certain amount of those characters that I can use and I'm using some of those. Other characters I'm inventing but everything is invented with a nod to the existing mythology, if that makes sense. ... I pitched some characters that appeared nowhere in the mythology but the guys from Marvel, when I started describing them, all gave each other knowing nods, where it was like, “Oh, I see what he's doing, yes.” I tried to do a lot of that. I didn't want to get into the realm of like too much like, “New X-Men here we go!”, and at the same time, with something like this, there's a little bit of fan service but it's also… You don't want to sound douchey saying something like this, but I've been really impressed with how a lot of people have talked about joining the Star Wars franchise and how when you do that, there's a sense of respect. You don't want to be slavishly doing the same thing over and over again that everybody else has done, but at the same time, you're conscious of, “This is important. I owe something to my ten year old self right now. I need to respect that.” I need for that kid who is obsessively reading comic books, I need there to be something rewarding for him where he's like, I didn't waste my time. I know what this is. ...
    Other things of note, it's continuity will be in state of flux as to where eXactly it fits in timeline-wise. Other than it being set in "present day"/near future, more or less, that is. It also will likely act as "filling-in"/fleshing-out, eXpanding upon, & adding to, eXisting XCU storyline elements, events, & concepts. First season, if it gets picked up, will probably be only 12-13 episodes too. Less like Aos, and more like NetfliX's NuDefenders shows or the even shorter, upcoming Inhumans miniseries... not surprisingly, since Marvel TV's involved.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-05-2017 at 08:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wasn't a thread made specifically for this X-Men tv show? Why are we discussing things here?
    Which one should we be using? I've found 2 others, first one's from the Media>TV/Film Forum though:

Fox's X-Men TV Show... started 1/24/17, same as this one...

TV Matt Nix's Untitled X-Men Show... started 2/27/17...

... where there's MUCH less traffic, and therefore... a lot less activity.

Maybe we could & should get the mods to merge them, though, but hopefully we can keep it here... in the X-Men's own forum (where there's already lots of X live action/animation threads, BTW). But if we WERE to get them merged, what title does everybody think we should go with?

Which one should we be using? I've found 2 others, first one's from the Media>TV/Film Forum though:

Fox's X-Men TV Show... started 1/24/17, same as this one...

TV Matt Nix's Untitled X-Men Show... started 2/27/17...

... where there's MUCH less traffic, and therefore... a lot less activity.

Maybe we could & should get the mods to merge them, though, but hopefully we can keep it here... in the X-Men's own forum (where there's already lots of X live action/animation threads, BTW). But if we WERE to get them merged, what title does everybody think we should go with?
    I think two threads are good, one in Film/TV forum and one here. But two threads for the same topic here... should be merged together.

I have no idea for the title, seeing that we still don't have the official title for the show yet.