Page 113 of 308 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4616
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Not saying it's good or bad (I don't care either way), but I was reading early responses to the thread where people were disappointed singer was directing the pilot. There were even people saying he wouldn't have any involvement at all in the show (obviously we have more info now). Just thought it was interesting to say those things before we had all the info.

At least it's gettting good reviews for the first episode so far.
    ? As far as I know Singer is barely involved in this show isn't Matt Nix from Burn Notice basically in charge? Singer may be giving some kind of background creative consultation type role. Again, as far as I've heard. Is there new info or some such?

But even if Singer is involved, I think people feel the need to minimize his involvement to appease all the people who are "triggered" by the invocation of his very name. It's a sad state of affairs how toxic and stigmatized the dude has become.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

My god I want to see Polaris annihilate those government people so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    for those of you that are very optimistic. E ranked gifted has the 3 best show of the fall. inhumans finished in last place. note ranking are based on actual substance and reason why this is better than that.

http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/88044...s#photo-814018

Truly really there are no words for my anger at marvel on how they have gone about with the xmen/inhumans thing.

ah, I also wonder if this is singer saying sorry for xmen apocalypse. fox did promise to make amends
    I don't want to be too smug about the Inhumans getting panned while The Gifted is getting praise. I really don't, but it's so tempting.

It seems like Fox is striking the right chords with the show, capturing all the right X-men elements at just the right time. While Deadpool and movies like X-men Apocalypse were primarily superhero-centric stories, this show is actually focusing on the human element of mutant struggles. I think that's a powerful message that often gets lost in the movies and comics, for that matter. If it can find a winning formula here, then this show may be something truly special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    Next time they meet let's hope she won't be pulling her punches with the Sentinel Services.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    “Our X-Men world takes place in a contemporary time where the X-Men are nowhere to be found.” Along with Nix, the television series is being produced by the same team that created the films: Bryan Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner, and Simon Kinberg. Singer directed the pilot, which is edgier and darker than the movies. It tells the story of two families coming together as they fight for survival.

It’s a task that Chung is more than up for. She’s played fantastical characters in the past and is thrilled to play another nuanced, interesting, female role. “The female characters in the show are extremely powerful, and quite independent, and strong, and sassy. You have Polaris who helped start the organization of the underground mutants, and she’s one of the leaders, and she’s fearless.

I do think that they took notes in terms of how successful Wonder Woman is, how she’s a great role model.” What makes The Gifted distinct from Chung’s other projects is the exceptional writing. “The thing is all of the writers on the show have a great sense of humor. If you met Matt Nix, well, he’s very sarcastic, very witty, and very clever. I feel like a lot of that is implemented into our show.”

http://hauteliving.com/2017/09/jamie...y-2017/643292/
    Jamie Chung interview.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-19-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    I hope we get some parallels between her and Magneto. I'd love to he a scene of her breaking out of a plastic prison similar to the one in X2 or her flipping over a truck like in TLS

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    I hope we get some parallels between her and Magneto. I'd love to he a scene of her breaking out of a plastic prison similar to the one in X2 or her flipping over a truck like in TLS
    Ah, great moments.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Love those new promos. Polaris looks badass, and its nice to see some footage of Thunderbird jumping into the fray. Can't wait till this show airs.

Spectacular Member

I take it Polaris is a bit unhinged in this show.....good.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    I take it Polaris is a bit unhinged in this show.....good.
    Of what I've seen so far, Lorna on Gifted does very well by her history and nature. In this case, I think unleashed is a more accurate term than unhinged. To some people, unhinged implies "crazy," and I think what we've seen so far is different. The impression I get so far is more like she has very strong emotions and convictions she's willing to let out, she has trauma to grapple with, and she's a lot more liberated and open as a person - willing to indulge in things that are considered "taboo" in society.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A bunch of photos from the first episode.

http://xmentv.com/new-photos-gifted-...miere-exposed/

Great pics!! Can't wait for the show to start...

Last edited by jmc247; 09-19-2017 at 06:04 PM.

BANNED

The show also appears to have put its money where its mouth is. Its pilot was shot in Texas, but production was later shifted to Georgia—a decision announced the day after the Texas Senate revived its transgender bathroom bill. Parent studio 20th Century Fox declined to say if the bill affected its choice to relocate the cast and crew, but it has stated that it doesn’t do business in states with anti-LGBT laws. Teale shares that stance: Shooting in states that vote on bathroom bills “should never be a question,” he says firmly.
    https://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2...ttest-newcomer

This should end the constant complaints about 20th Century FOX being naturally more bigoted than the other big studios because of Rupert Murdoch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2...ttest-newcomer

This should end the constant complaints about 20th Century FOX being naturally more bigoted than the other big studios because of Rupert Murdoch.
    Because why?
    GrindrStone(D)

Cross-postan.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Little emoji character promo push for Twitter started from the tweet here: https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...31759765127168 . Emma went with Andy. I'm seeing a loooooooooooooooooot of green hearts in the feed of latest tweets, and I'm loving that green hearts are becoming emoji shorthand for Lorna on social media.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)