Page 139 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4616

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They didn’t use the names by accident.
    I know the family is based on Fenris, but it kinda seemed they would subvert that expectation or only allude to it. Now, Andy's actions and that interview make me wonder if these kids are destined to be the season/series villians. Are we following an Anakin Skywalker arc?

Unrelated: I would love if Graydon Creed and Friends of Humanity or the Purifiers were apart of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    I know the family is based on Fenris, but it kinda seemed they would subvert that expectation or only allude to it. Now, Andy's actions and that interview make me wonder if these kids are destined to be the season/series villians. Are we following an Anakin Skywalker arc?
    Andy is a 16 or 17 year old who is angry at the system and realizes he has the power to not abide by it. But, he doesn’t have the ideological heft beyond that as yet to be a revolutionary leader that on his own has the gravatas to be able to with a straight face say to Mutants of the underground see what I have done for Mutants, follow me, I am ready to build a new order. In a similar way teenage Anakin needed Senator Palpatine’s political and philosophical gravatas behind him otherwise it wouldn’t have worked.

But that opens up some avenues. Who is the most likely to have the heft to lead an inter-mutant schism with Thunderbird saying hiding and bringing Mutants to Mexico is not enough? Who knows the system and is old enough and experienced enough to be able to have the gravatas to split the mutant underground?

The the belly getting kicked in by a racist human moment I was less filler and more important then many immediately realize of sending the message to said character that the world is not safe for Mutants.

But, here is where it gets tricky it’s possible that we might also see or be seeing another Strucker in X-Men lore... one that could be a mutant here and support say the end of humanity and the building of a master race? He might also have such gravatas and that opens up the potential for a three way divide between the Mutants on philosophy.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-18-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Andy is a 16 or 17 year old who is angry at the system and realizes he has the power to not abide by it. But, he doesn’t have the ideological heft beyond that as yet to be a revolutionary leader that on his own has the gravatas to be able to with a straight face say to Mutants of the underground follow me I am ready to build a new order. In a similar way teenage Anakin needed Senator Palpatine’s political and philosophical gravatas behind him otherwise it wouldn’t have worked.

But that opens up some avenues. Who is the most likely to have the heft to lead an inter-mutant schism with Thunderbird saying hiding and bringing Mutants to Mexico is not enough? In the pilot Singer was very intentionally in imagery paralleling this character to Malcolm X’s famous images. Who knows the system and is old enough and experienced enough to be able to have the gravatas to split the mutant underground?

IMHO the belly getting kicked in by a racist human moment I was more important then many immediately realize of sending the message to said character that the world is not safe for Mutants even before they are born and must change and the trucking Mutants to Mexico idea isn’t cutting it.

But, here is where it gets tricky it’s possible that we might also see or be seeing another Strucker in X-Men lore... one that could be a mutant here and support say the end of humanity and the building of a master race? He might also have such gravatas and that opens up the potential for a three way divide between the Mutants on philosophy.
    I wasn't imagining Andy as the leader of a movement. I don't even see him as a Quentin Quire. To me, he seems like movie Pyro in X2. A troubled teen lashing out. And honestly, if it wasn't for Dark Andy/Fenris speculation, I'd see him as a normal kid reacting to what is happening to him.

However, with those wheels now turning, I'm wondering if this could be building to his dark turn or be a seed for a dark turn (as an adult) and not just angst. People and characters internalize situations and experiences differently. Lorna's prison/life experiences on the show are powerful and will shape her no doubt, but what could be building in Andy after what he is experiencing is also powerful. It might be logical for others, like Polaris, to eventually have an ideological split with the Underground and/or try to lead it in a different way or lead another team, but not all of them might grow into a "villian" in the future. Given the characters in question, and their history, it is interesting to speculate.

Sadly, I'm not actually familiar with the Struckers lore. Which one are you referring to in the last paragraph?

By the way, I know the family gets a lot of flack, but I love seeing their perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    It might be logical for others, like Polaris, to eventually have an ideological split with the Underground and/or try to lead it in a different way or lead another team, but not all of them might grow into a "villian" in the future. Given the characters in question, and their history, it is interesting to speculate.
    I look at it this way if a character has taken up the idea of Barron Strucker in the comics of global domination and mass extermination you are a villain, if you want to change the world using not always peaceful methods it doesn’t make you necessarily a villain.

Sadly, I'm not actually familiar with the Struckers lore. Which one are you referring to in the last paragraph?
    The father of the twins in the comics was a Nazi turned Hydra member who fought Charles Xavier and Magneto in Israel. Then Magneto and Xavier schismed over what it takes to defend the mutant race.

By the way, I know the family gets a lot of flack, but I love seeing their perspective.
    The family is a good concept from seeing the problem though ordinary people’s eyes, but I do feel like they have been pushed to overdo it with them to try to win over middle America. Ep 2 and 3 were strong storytelling, but there were too many solo adventures and I think that actually cost viewers.

It looks potentially much better next week because they have bunched up character stories of Reed and Lorna and the other Struckers and the mutant underground.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-18-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Yeah, that all depends on who you talk to... or what side of town your on... smh
    Yeah I mean I guess it's cool to think of yourself as "Bi-Racial". But that's not how people really viewed mixed black ppl. 1 drop etc etc

The L + 7 numbers for the first episode are finally out. As for episode 3 it managed a 1.1 in the demo for the night and the series needs stability now.
    I don't understand none of that mumbo jumbo.

Is Gifted looking safe?? Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I don't understand none of that mumbo jumbo.

Is Gifted looking safe?? Yes or No?
    If the ratings stabilize at this level or very slightly under it for coming eps the answer is yes it’s safe for another season.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-18-2017 at 05:53 AM.

6 seasons & Movie!

BANNED

Sorry for the reduced presence & participation this week, been dealing w/an uneXpected family medical emergency, since late Sunday. Anyway, the Live +7 is indeed pretty good news, and:

TVbytheNumbers.com, Cancel Bear vs. FOX, week 3: ‘The Gifted’ should be rewarded with a second season

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Very excited about those Live + 7 numbers. I'm hoping that if it can keep getting bumped up by that, and however well its doing on demand and streaming services, that it'll be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Very excited about those Live + 7 numbers. I'm hoping that if it can keep getting bumped up by that, and however well its doing on demand and streaming services, that it'll be okay.
    At Renewology it’s up to a high of 84% this week. The L + numbers helped.

http://www.spottedratings.com/2017/1...7-ratings.html

http://www.spottedratings.com/2017/1...7-18.html#more

Last edited by juan678; 01-21-2019 at 02:36 PM.

The Gifted Episode 6 Spoilers: “Get Your SiX” Description

THUNDERBIRD SEEKS ANSWERS FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS FRIEND ON AN ALL-NEW “THE GIFTED” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6, ON FOX

Determined to find out more information behind what Sentinel Services did to an old friend of his, Thunderbird spearheads a mission to get answers. Meanwhile, Lauren encounters a new friend with useful powers and Blink makes a big decision regarding her future in the all-new “got your siX” episode of THE GIFTED airing Monday, Nov. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-106) (TV-PG L, V)

Cast: Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker; Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker; Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz; Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson; Coby Bell as Jace Turner; Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane; Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar; Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker; Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker

Guest Cast: Garret Dillahunt as Dr. Roderick Campbell; Elena Satine as Dreamer; Jermaine Rivers as Shatter; Hayley Lovitt as Sage; Joe Nemmers as Agent Weeks; Michelle Veintimilla as Carmen; Dayna Beilenson as Pedestrian #1; Ryan Czerwonko as Angry-Looking Man; Eric Hunter as Mutant Amputee; Aden Stay as Man From Truck; Danny Ramirez as Wes; Charlie Nix as Skyler; Jessica Goei as Naya; Andrew Benator as Aide; Justin Smith as Driver; David Alessi as Cop; Kristopher Charles as SS Tech

http://xmentv.com/gifted-episode-6-s...x-description/

The Gifted Episode 6 Spoilers: “Get Your SiX” Description

THUNDERBIRD SEEKS ANSWERS FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS FRIEND ON AN ALL-NEW “THE GIFTED” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6, ON FOX

Determined to find out more information behind what Sentinel Services did to an old friend of his, Thunderbird spearheads a mission to get answers.

I need this now!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I need this now!
    That is how I feel about episode 5.