Page 153 of 308 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4616
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    That's a good point, about it being an advancement in programming compared to Pulse. In theory we could say Pulse was an "earlier version" of current mutants have something more sophisticated and complex, but I think that's unlikely. ...
    Yeah, that X'd my mind, but I'd say it's more like highly unlikely. I mean, sophisticated & compleX, but not enough to just upgrade "early versions" like Pulse? Also, how much time we talkin' here, from when he was downed, taken, & altered, to when Lorna was captured & incarcerated? I'll check later to be sure, but it couldn't have been too long, I don't think.

... Clone would still be possible though. What she did to Jace would be part of "selling" the idea that she's the real deal. He took Jace hostage, but she didn't actually hurt him. Though, saying that, I suddenly remember that Lorna using the screw actually kills the guard in the convoy. I wouldn't think killing even one of them would be allowed for "selling" her as Lorna and not a clone. ...
    But then the scene wouldn't really work, would it? I mean, she supposed to have been changed by her traumatic X-perience w/the SS, and become somewhat more ruthless & X-treme. Wouldn't a clone who's trying to "sell" herself as the real Polaris, want to act the same as the Lorna they knew, so as not to give herself away? The Polaris we saw, the real deal IMO, was doing the X-act opposite of that. Marcos was constantly questioning everything she was doing, worried that she was going too far. Her behavior was too provocative, sending up too many red flags, for someone that would logically be looking to blend in, not make waves, & go undetected. And she -- in conjunction w/Dreamer -- most certainly did hurt Agent Turner, just not physically, and more or less unintentionally. I would say both Eclipse & Blink are culpable as well, so they're all stained by it, now. Tho Lorna remains the real instigator of it all. And Sonya regularly demonstrates self-disciplinary problems with her abilities anyway, not knowing when to say when/enough is enough, it seems.

I also think the idea of the transport convoy being some sort of elaborate set-up, is giving the SS WAY too much credit, from what we've seen so far.

... I like your idea more that the Marvel Legends figures were a hint to Lorna dealing with mental issues in future episodes, if they're more than playful fun by the writers.
    Yes, it could've just represented a Lorna of 2 minds, the 2 opposing sides of Polaris. We already sort of saw it, in this very episode, actually. During the car "Aurora" scenes, then when they come upon the SS blockade, the switch flipped so to speak.

Sorta random, but in addition, I'm pretty sure Mr. NiX has intimated that her upbringing may have not been all that pleasant either. So, we could be looking at some early, childhood trauma being eventually revealed for her, as well. Our poor Mutants, they've had so many, REALLY shitty things happen to them, it's no wonder they're all so messed up.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-02-2017 at 05:23 AM.

But then the scene wouldn't really work, would it? I mean, she supposed to have been changed by her traumatic X-perience w/the SS, and become somewhat more ruthless & X-treme. Wouldn't a clone who's trying to "sell" herself as the real Polaris, want to act the same as the Lorna they knew, so as not to give herself away? The Polaris we saw, the real deal IMO, was doing the X-act opposite of that. Marcos was constantly questioning everything she was doing, worried that she was going too far. Her behavior was too provocative, sending up too many red flags, for someone that would logically be looking to blend in, not make waves, & go undetected. And she -- in conjunction w/Dreamer -- most certainly did hurt Agent Turner, just not physically, and more or less unintentionally. I would say both Eclipse & Blink are culpable as well, so they're all stained by it, now. Tho Lorna remains the real instigator of it all. And Sonya regularly demonstrates self-disciplinary problems with her abilities anyway, not knowing when to say when/enough is enough, it seems.

I also think the idea of the transport convoy being some sort of elaborate set-up, is giving the SS WAY too much credit, from what we've seen so far.
    If they go with the she is programmed routine I don’t think Jace would be in on it as he has been keeping one small foot in the Hound program. The Doctor using her to push Jace to bring his other foot into the program would be the only route I could imagine along these lines not a clone and not Jace’s knowing plan. I also don’t think the Doctor would care about her killing the SS guard and what she did to Jace and probably view it as a positive towards his goal of moving Jace toward giving him the resources to act as he sees fit.

As for the idea, I hope it doesn’t come to pass because it puts an massive asterisks in front of 2/3rds plus her character this season.

The best evidence it could though remains not the Polaris in a box picture but the early planning scripts where Lorna and Eclipse are seeking refuge in a church (there is a priest in episode 8) and she is wigging out at a 9 out of 10 levels and just remembering torture and other scenes we didn’t see. None of that might come to pass or course as those were early plans and we have no idea how it will play out. But, to deny there is some evidence out there it’s possible is a bridge too far as there is some evidence though not solid evidence.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-02-2017 at 06:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... The Doctor using her to push Jace to bring his other foot into the program would be the only route I could imagine along these lines not a clone and not Jace’s knowing plan. ...
    Sorry, I just don't buy it, as the strains on credibility are far too great. Wouldn't Campbell have to know X-actly how events would play out, w/lil' room for error? I think you're all reading WAY too much into things, and trying to make connections where frankly, there just aren't any. Think about what creators have said when it comes to their plans for her character: the pregnancy, her being 1 half of the show's power couple, her learning more 'bout Mags bein' her dad, her becoming a central figure & leading the resistance in a more prominent fashion, her coming to terms & dealing with her mood disorder... how would any of that fit in, with what you are suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Sorry, I just don't buy it, as the strains on credibility are far too great. Wouldn't Campbell have to know X-actly how events would play out, w/lil' room for error? I think you're all reading WAY too much into things, and trying to make connections where frankly, there just aren't any. Think about what creators have said when it comes to their plans for her character: the pregnancy, her being 1 half of the show's power couple, her learning more 'bout Mags bein' her dad, her becoming a central figure & leading the resistance in a more prominent fashion, her coming to terms & dealing with her mood disorder... how would any of that fit in, with what you are suggesting?
    You seem to think I am selling the idea when I am doing the opposite and have been arguing it would be bad and destabilize her story, undermine what has been done so far and put an asterisk in front of much of what she did so far. For the reasons I think it would be a bad idea you are arguing it’s completely impossible and that is the only place we have any daylight between our statements.

You crossed the line from arguing a point of view that you don’t think it’s a good idea nor do you think it’s going to happen to getting offended because of voicing that there is bits of evidence it possibly could happen. My belief it’s vaguely possible based on a smattering of evidence doesn’t mean I am promoting the idea nor does it actually change anything that will happen in two and a half weeks.

You told me to relax, I would argue you should think about that statement as you are acting personally offended I am bringing up a vaguely possible story I would rather they avoid as if my bringing up the possibility makes it more likely nor does it even mean I even think it’s likely to happen which I never said.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-02-2017 at 07:15 AM.

BANNED

No worries, JMC, I'm not offended at all... not even in the slightest. Just voicing my opinions, is all. Sorry that you took it that way, tho, as it was not my intention. I do not think it's going to happen, to be sure, as it doesn't even make a LICK of sense to me (in conteXt). So I'll just leave it at that.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-02-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Variety releases ad rates for all current shows including The Gifted and shows part of mid season schedules. On Monday it seems they will replace Lucifer at 8 with a new medical drama, but where they put Lucifer after ordering 22 eps for the season is unknown.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tv-a...202602792/amp/

Andrea & Andreas Von Strucker Officially Coming To The Gifted

http://themarvelreport.com/2017/11/a...rucker-gifted/

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post

So I guess the whole "Fenris Twins" thing is kind of a hereditary gene here?

Interesting development. I'd hoped this show would get around to this. You can't give the main characters the surname, Von Strucker, without bringing the twins into the mix. It would make more sense of the family's place in the mutant conflict if they somehow had ties to Andrea and Andreas. They're two somewhat under-represented X-men villains that probably wouldn't work in a movie. But in a TV show like this, it fits beautifully. Should make for an eventful first season.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like it. It makes the previous newspaper about the "twins incident" from back in the 60's make more sense!

Mighty Member

Seems like it. It makes the previous newspaper about the "twins incident" from back in the 60's make more sense!
    Sadly, we won't get a "HAIL HYDRA!" reference out of it...

Gifted ratings for episode #3 L + 7 is up to 2.1 a increase of 1.0 in the core demographic.

The Orville was just renewed for a second season.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-02-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fox is playing with the hereditary gene passing more then the comics have in awhile.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-02-2017 at 05:32 PM.

BANNED

I'm surprised the Esme casting isn't being talked about more. By the way the atress looks it appears she is in fact playing Esme Cuckoo.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, I'm kinda shocked not to see more people talking about Esme. Although it doesn't have Cuckoo after her name, if you look at the actress its pretty obvious who she's playing. It looks like we might have found the eventual team telepath. Though I wonder if she'll start off bad, and I wonder if they'll include the diamond skin?

Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-02-2017 at 06:34 PM.