Page 156 of 308 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4616

The Gifted L + 3

Episode 1: live 1.5 and L + 3 = 2.3 (.8 increase)

Episode 2: live 1.2 and L + 3 = 2.0 (.8 increase)

Episode 3: live 1.1 and L + 3 = 1.8 (.7 increase)

Episode 4: live 1.0 and L + 3 = 1.9 (.9 increase)

The Gifted #4 managed the largest core demographic growth by watching through DVR three days after airing the show has had to date period above the first episode by going up .9 in the core demo and up to 13th place for watchers On Demand.

To put that into prospective it’s only .1 behind The Orville in L + 3 last week that just got renewed heavily on the strength of last week’s live numbers and it’s way ahead of them On Demand for the week which brings in a lot of money. Most importantly for episode four which had its lowest live rating to date it showed much more all around strength.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-04-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Preview. Blink confronts Thunderbird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    You will know when you see the cast list to ep 9 in less then a week.
    Since this is a discussion board, I was asking to see what others thought.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    So will the Strucker twins only be seen in flashbacks?
    My assumption is a yes unless they introduce time travel.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Since this is a discussion board, I was asking to see what others thought.
    You asked the question will which can’t be known for certainty until we see issue 9’s cast list in at the earliest possible 4 or 5 days. As for seeing what others think is likely the answer to that is that I believe it’s more likely then not flashbacks and the new generation of Struckers are being regarded by the Doctor as the new Fenris, but one can’t be exactly certain as yet.

The winner of the first week of the official Fox sanctioned The Gifted art contest.

Which the actress that plays Lauren has used a lot online for her character representation and of course the comic versions.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

^ Man I really HOPE they go that route and turn the current twins into that. I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Not familiar with this Xfinity On Demand, but nonetheless, it seems to be in real good company & doing pretty well for itself:

https://twitter.com/TheGifted_TV/sta...11797449068544
    #TheGifted 1x04 Live+3 Adults 18-49 : 1.0->1.9
    Top 20 TV Series, Oct. 23-29 : 13-The Gifted
    http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/wor...ch-1201894069/
    Here is this week’s Xfinity On Demand ranker:

Top 20 TV Series, Oct. 23-29, 2017:

RANK / SHOW / NETWORK

1. This Is Us - NBC
    2. The Good Doctor - ABC
    3. Game of Thrones - HBO
    4. Will & Grace - NBC
    5. Outlander - Starz
    6. The Big Bang Theory - CBS
    7. Curb Your Enthusiasm - HBO
    8. The Simpsons - Fox/FXX
    9. American Horror Story: Cult - FX
    10. The Walking Dead - AMC
    11. Ray Donovan - Showtime
    12. The Voice - NBC
    13. The Gifted - Fox
    14. Rick and Morty - Adult Swim
    15. The Deuce - HBO
    16. Designated Survivor - ABC
    17. Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood - VH1
    18. Chrisley Knows Best - USA
    19. Grey’s Anatomy - ABC
    20. Riverdale - The CW

A show’s rating in the 18 – 49 demographic generally determines renewal, as that is the demographic that advertisers pay for (and thus determines the show’s profit margin). The 18 – 49 demo rating will be included after the show in the list. However, it’s not as simple as “X show has a higher rating than Y show, so it will be renewed.” There are certain expectations regarding a show’s timeslot; a 10 PM show can easily survive with a lower rating than a 9 PM show. Fridays tend to have lower ratings expectations and a show that is produced by the network’s production company is more likely to be renewed than one that the network has no stake in. International and streaming distributions can influence some shows to survive, but that is by no means a saving grace.

This week saw our first new series renewal of the season. FOX gave The Orville a second season, which is an unsurprising development. The Seth McFarland sci-fi dramedy has been a good performer for the network, starting off strong when it premiered after Sunday Night Football and performing respectably on its newer night on Thursday. It’s an important feather in FOX’s cap, continuing their relationship with the Family Guy creator and giving them bragging rights for one of the better successes of the fall.

The network has other good news as well. The Gifted appears to have stabilized, with its fourth episode posting its first week-to-week gain for the series. While it’s not a runaway hit, if the series sticks at or around the 1.1 to 1.0 range than it will be coast its way to a second season. With Gotham continuing to look stable and Lucifer holding well, FOX is looking at a solid state of genre broadcasting that is helping rebuild its weekdays. Ghosted is performing okay as well, meaning that at this point at least, the network may be able to avoid the bloodbath that last season’s slate was.

https://411mania.com/movies/411s-tv-...ps-looks-good/
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ^ Man I really HOPE they go that route and turn the current twins into that. I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN
    Well this week’s promo showed them training to be fighters, obviously momma Strucker seemed none to happy. The real question comes where they go when things start hitting the fan and they learn about themselves and their powers better.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not familiar with this Xfinity On Demand, but nonetheless, it seems to be in real good company & doing pretty well for itself
    There are a number of On Demand providers, Xfinity is Comcast, but On Demand is big money for shows and studios because it makes the audience watch the advertising and they can also get a lot of important info about viewership beyond the traditional ratings system.

If similar growth in rankings are happening for the other On Demand providers like Cox it’s a big deal. Episode four had the first sizable growth in DVR watchings for the first three days after and growth surpassing ep 1 and 2’s in the same period after the show aired as well.

Overall the past two weeks showed favorable word of mouth starting to have an impact in various areas. For various reasons from a glut of super hero shows to The Good Doctor dominating the discussion last month only now a lot of people on Twitter are saying they are giving The Gifted a first look and by in large those who watch like what they see.

As part of On Demand is you could have missed all the episodes until now and watch them all today. Still to TV executives the most looked to numbers remain same day in adults 18-49 demo most of all even if other areas matter.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-05-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Trask Industries confirmed!
    show keeps getting better and better, and this is just 1st season, just imagine how far Matt Nix can go

Is the Strucker boy's power psionic, sonic or a force blast? I can't seem to decide which power it closely represents? The Strucker girl seems to solidify air molecules into shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is the Strucker boy's power psionic, sonic or a force blast? I can't seem to decide which power it closely represents? The Strucker girl seems to solidify air molecules into shields.
    My assumption (without bothering to look it up) is that Lauren's powers condense molecules, while Andy's powers push them apart.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    You asked the question will which can’t be known for certainty until we see issue 9’s cast list in at the earliest possible 4 or 5 days. As for seeing what others think is likely the answer to that is that I believe it’s more likely then not flashbacks and the new generation of Struckers are being regarded by the Doctor as the new Fenris, but one can’t be exactly certain as yet.

The winner of the first week of the official Fox sanctioned The Gifted art contest.

Which the actress that plays Lauren has used a lot online for her character representation and of course the comic versions.

There's no need to be defensive. I'm just trying to discuss the show like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    My assumption (without bothering to look it up) is that Lauren's powers condense molecules, while Andy's powers push them apart.
    Oh, thanks, Salarta!