Page 181 of 308 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4616
    Ultimate Member

I don't remember ever screaming, as for Bunn...hmm, I remember him saying that we were going to get an issue of his last comic that would deal with the situation of what exactly had become of Archangel, and then...that never happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Let me rephrase: Thunderbird died within a couple issues of his first appearance, and then pretty much STAYED dead. There's a bit of a difference, there.
    Not really. I mean, I can argue about Thunderbird returning from time to time, but that's not what matters. What matters is that if Marvel actually cared, they could revive Thunderbird next year to tie into Gifted. They're making a deliberate decision not to do so. Thunderbird being dead right now and for most of his history has no bearing, cause this isn't Walking Dead or some other similar universe where characters can't be revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Legion is getting a mini, not an ongoing. We know Polaris is getting a much bigger role from Bunn’s teases.
    Thanks for the correction, about Legion being a mini and not an ongoing.

We know Bunn is going to do more with Polaris, but that's it. We don't know anything more about his plans and what Marvel will permit of his plans. For all we know, we could get exactly what happened with Secret Wars: a single moment of her in the spotlight, so Marvel can then throw her into forced limbo for 2+ years. Regardless, "this character gets some really good but brief supporting character scenes in the future" is a very far cry from how Legion having a show gets a Legion mini, or how Jean being the focus of the Dark Phoenix film gets her a full-fledged event centered squarely on her return in the comics. These other characters get dedicated comics and events. Gifted characters just get being added to the rosters of other books, if they're getting used at all.

Polaris, specifically, is a featured character for Gifted but Marvel has decided she's not "good enough" in their eyes to be anything more than support for other characters they actually value. Other characters get books and events. Lorna doesn't. The one time they came anywhere close was All-New X-Factor, which they refused to promote, and even actively sabotaged with ANXF #14. Now she's on Gifted and they've taken her down to exclusively supporting roles. As if to "punish" the character for Fox caring about her infinitely more and doing more for her than Marvel ever has.

Note I'm saying Marvel with that last paragraph, not a specific writer or editor, or the X-office.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

If the deal goes thru...

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ... 100% control
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    ... they own it...
    ... and the only issues for some, would be it not being MCU connected, and whether or not it would continue to air on FoX's broadcast network. Already addressed the first but on the latter, it could easily shift to ABC, FX, or even Hulu, if necessary. As somethin' like that, isn't eXactly unprecedented. And I still think it was crafted with the idea in mind, of it landing on Disney's own, eventual streaming service, when all's said & done. So logically IMO, the more episodes for both it AND Legion, the better. They are gearin' up to battle Netflix in a BIG way, in the very near future. Which raises questions for me, 'bout the Defenders-verse shows & their other agreements w/the 'Flix, if anything.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-09-2017 at 06:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... Legion having a show gets a Legion mini, or how Jean being the focus of the Dark Phoenix film gets her a full-fledged event centered squarely on her return in the comics. These other characters get dedicated comics and events. Gifted characters just get being added to the rosters of other books, if they're getting used at all. ...
    But Legion's show is centered around & named after him, AND it's going into its 2nd season already. Before this upcoming mini, what have they done with him, and how long has it been since we've last seen him? Takin' a wild guess, certainly not 2005 & around almost 13 years now, like adult Jean's been DEAD & M.I.A. for.

More good things are comin' for Polaris in 2018, AND some other Gifted characters too, I can all but guarantee it. Just be patient, and give 'em some more time, announcements & reveals should be comin' soon enough. If this deal goes thru, I eXpect a veritable X-palooza of events, to be LAVISHED upon us!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-09-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Sean Teale leaves a goodbye presents and a goodbye note before leaving for Britain.

Last edited by jmc247; 12-10-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But Legion's show is centered around & named after him, AND it's going into its 2nd season already. Before this upcoming mini, what have they done with him, and how long has it been since we've last seen him? Takin' a wild guess, certainly not 2005 & around almost 13 years now, like adult Jean's been DEAD & M.I.A. for.

More good things are comin' for Polaris in 2018, AND some other Gifted characters too, I can all but guarantee it. Just be patient, and give 'em some more time, announcements & reveals should be comin' soon enough. If this deal goes thru, I eXpect a veritable X-palooza of events, to be LAVISHED upon us!
    Legion's show started when the thawing of relations was very new and creaky. As has been pointed out to me, Marvel actively threw Legion into limbo for a few years as this show was happening, meaning it's highly likely a comic for Legion came up within later negotiations that gave us comics for New Mutants and Jean returning... but nothing that takes advantage of Gifted.

Also, should note that Legion was the focal character of the Age of X event and was in comics in 2014 before they put him in limbo. So, much sooner than 13 years ago. They did something big for him specifically before throwing him in limbo, which they didn't do for Lorna and have no signs of planning to do for her. Or to put it another way: Marvel has shown that whatever "lists" (A-list, B-list, Z-list, etc) they decide to put these characters in, they've decided Legion is very high above Polaris and have accordingly denied her the same opportunities they've provided him.

If the deal goes through, I expect A-listers like Jean and Cyclops and Storm and Wolverine to potentially benefit - depending on if Marvel decides to acknowledge they have worth or treat them like punching bags for the Avengers franchise. Maybe "second stringers" like Jubilee and the New Mutants will benefit too. I expect Lorna to get screwed over because they'll be able to nix her further use in film/TV, meaning they won't have an incentive (beyond fandom) pushing them to treat her better and acknowledge she has worth. Fox being a separate entity using her, and doing a much better job than Marvel ever has, means it looks bad for Disney/Marvel both publicly and in negotiations to treat her poorly. Without that separateness as an element, it's easier for Marvel to treat her as poorly as they have for decades.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Last chance tonight to show some live ratings life in The Gifted for the Fall Finale. The actress that plays Esme will be taking over The Gifted Instagram today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BckpaOYl...thegiftedonfox
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-11-2017 at 12:30 PM.

BANNED

This is it...This is big...the countdown.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I feel like we're going to at least get a season 2, but either way, I am excited!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I feel like we're going to at least get a season 2, but either way, I am excited!
    The gifted is doing consistently well, and needs more esme and polaris and less struckers

Blink 1x10
    Last edited by juan678; 01-21-2019 at 02:53 PM.

I thought this until the idea of Disney/Marvel buying Fox's properties came up. Now if the deal goes through, I expect it to get canceled no matter what its ratings are unless legalities make things slow enough. Still important to watch it and boost ratings though, if for no other reason than because it would show Disney/Marvel canceling it is very much their egos interfering with what people actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    The gifted is doing consistently well, and needs more esme and polaris and less struckers
    I think Esme's going to become a bigger presence on the show than she's been up til now. Just hope her presence isn't treated like a "Let's kill Dreamer" out. Skyler Samuels is running Gifted's instagram tonight much like Emma did several episodes back.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I thought this until the idea of Disney/Marvel buying Fox's properties came up. Now if the deal goes through, I expect it to get canceled no matter what its ratings are unless legalities make things slow enough. Still important to watch it and boost ratings though, if for no other reason than because it would show Disney/Marvel canceling it is very much their egos interfering with what people actually want.
    From what I can tell, Disney isn't able to purchase the television assets that Fox has because they already own ABC. So they literally can't do this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

From what I can tell, Disney isn't able to purchase the television assets that Fox has because they already own ABC. So they literally can't do this.
    They can't buy the television station, that says nothing about the studio producing it.