Page 188 of 308 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4616

The show has dealt with some really specific, controversial issues. Do you guys discuss that as a cast when you get the scripts? Is it something you’re always aware of?

We’re not blind to it. We’re not also not being discreet about it. Our thing is called the mutant underground. You know what I mean? Like, hello. I mean, [the bad guys] are called the SS. We’re not being secretive about it at all. I remember Jamie Chung, who plays Blink, and I were talking about a scene where they were featuring a mob of anti-mutant protestors holding Tiki torches. You understand what that is and we understand that that’s current events and that’s the real world that we live in now, which sucks. I don’t think we’ve ever had a day where we’re like, “Oh, we’re just making a fun, family program about superheroes.”

How much are we going to learn about Lorna’s relationship with her father, Magneto?

Emma Dumont: During the final three episodes, we take an in depth look at Polaris, her lineage and what that means for her. Her relationship with her dad is awful. She doesn’t have one and she can’t stand him. She can’t stand him for two reasons. For one, what he’s done to her, how he’s abandoned her, even though they’re so similar, even though they struggle with the same things. Then on the other end, she just hates the way he’s depicted by the mutants, the way they represent him for being a bad guy, for being evil. He’s someone who would hurt humans. To Polaris, she’s like, “Well yeah I would hurt a human too if they were killing a mutant,” you know what I mean? She’s suddenly questioning “Am I a villain too because I believe in those same things?”

Emma Dumont: This is going to be so silly, but there’s a show called Rick and Morty. Do you know Rick and Morty?

Of course.

Okay, I love Rick and Morty. There’s a really dumb episode that’s about Beth and Rick and there’s a line where Beth goes to Rick and says, “Dad, I spent my whole life trying to convince myself that you’re a good guy and that I’m nothing like you.”

Then Rick goes, “But what you’ve realized is that I’m not a very good guy and you’re exactly like me.” I think those two lines are a perfect representation of Polaris and Magneto’s relationship. She knows he’s not a good person but she tries to convince herself every day that he’s a good guy, but also that she’s nothing like him. It’s so random and weird but I think about that scene so much.
    Emma Dumont interview on what’s to come oh and Rick and Morty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    It's possible, though unlikely... a secret guest star in the finale... Ian Mckellen or Michael Fassbender as Magneto.

What I wouldn't give.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Emma Dumont interview on what’s to come oh and Rick and Morty.
    Now I feel like making an X-Men version of Rick and morty copypasta

Amazing Member

Fox removed the gifted from their web site ?
    https://www.fox.com/the-gifted isn't working.
    Last edited by T365; 12-20-2017 at 11:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T365 View Post
    https://www.fox.com/the-gifted ins't working.
    Been watching ep 5 and 6...watching it right now on my Note 8.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T365 View Post
    https://www.fox.com/the-gifted isn't working.
    I just clicked the link and it seems to work for me

WOW first of all I didn't even know that was free and we can just watch past episodes in their entirety whenever that is amazing

Now I just wish it had a comment section under the eps lol I want to hear reactions
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 12-21-2017 at 03:46 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I just clicked the link and it seems to work for me

WOW first of all I didn't even know that was free and we can just watch past episodes in their entirety whenever that is amazing

Now I just wish it had a comment section under the eps lol I want to hear reactions
    The ads provide a bit of money to Fox.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-21-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Cancel Bear vs. FOX, week 12: ‘The Gifted’ is still a likely renewal – barely

The Bear isn’t making any changes to his prediction that “The Gifted” will return next season (see Disney-related caveat at the end of the post). But the relative silence about the show from FOX has been … curious, at least.

The network apparently isn’t extending the show’s run this season, nor has it made any kind of announcement about a second season. Given the heavier-than-usual post-production load on “The Gifted,” one would think any kind of early jump on a new season would be welcome.

Granted, the show hasn’t helped itself much by going under 1.0 in each of its past three episodes, and there’s the general uncertainty about the future of the network. Still, “The Gifted” seems a likely renewal, all other things equal. FOX apparently isn’t ready to pull the lever yet.

One note: The Bear is proceeding for the moment as though FOX will be under its current management next season. The pending merger of FOX’s sister studio with Disney may affect predictions further down the line.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/ren...enewal-barely/
    Still on likely renewal on Cancel Bear, but the lack of news since the merger Cancel Bear finds curious. I would imagine Disney/Marvel is sort of doing a bit of a review on what they want to keep or not and what characters and ideas they might want different places in post reboot in various areas. Fox may not be owned yet, but for all intents and purposes the new management sign is near so they have a real say.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-21-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

What I wouldn't give.
    McKellen has done tv recently even having his own show with Derek Jacobi so I could see him doing an episode if asked.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-21-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    McKellen has done tv recently even having his own show with Derek Jacobi so I could see him doing an episode of asked.
    Maybe, one never knows.

Anyway, the major online TV ratings sites and individuals are very optimistic today.

TV Grim Reaper@TVGrimReaper

Rookie scripted shows with above avg (for their net) ratings:
    ABC: #TheGoodDoctor
    CBS: #YoungSheldon
    CW: none
    Fox: #Ghosted, #TheGifted, #TheOrville
    NBC: #WillAndGrace

https://mobile.twitter.com/TVGrimRea...91284149727232
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-21-2017 at 04:50 PM.

L + 7 numbers for episode 9 are out.

Gifted ratings for episode #3 L + 7 was a 2.1 a increase of 1.0 in the core demographic.

Gifted ratings for episode #4 L + 7 is a 2.1 an increase of 1.1 in the core demographic.

Gifted ratings for episode #5 L + 7 is a 2.0 an increase of .9 in the core demographic.

Gifted ratings for episode #6 L + 7 is a 1.9 an increase of .9 in the core demographic.

Gifted ratings for episode #7 L + 7 is a 1.9 an increase of .9 in the core demographic.

Gifted ratings for episode #8 L + 7 is a 1.8 an increase of .9 in the core demographic.

Gifted ratings for episode #9 L + 7 is a 1.7 an increase of .9 in the core demographic.

Its no wonder the major ratings and TV renewal sites are keeping The Gifted in likely renewal territory.

Episode 9 DVR watchers didn't just hold the line the actual number of overall DVR watchers grew slightly with episode 9 to keep things above 5 million viewers L + 7, DVR watchers are a reliable as hell for The Gifted and produced this week the first over 100% demographic growth for the show since episode 4.

BANNED

io9.com, The 10 Best (and Five Worst) TV Shows of 2017
    ... 10) The Gifted

The Gifted is that rare sort of genre show on network TV that, against all logic, is incredibly smart, stylish, well-executed, and faithful enough to the source material to satisfy fans. The Gifted isn’t exactly based on any one arc from the X-Men comics, but it instead synthesizes the very essence of what’s always made Marvel’s mutants such compelling, relatable characters. Rather than relying on expensive special effects and huge action set pieces, The Gifted zeroes in on the all-too recognizable and relatable horrors of what life can be like for a minority population living in a society that refuses to recognize their humanity. Its mutant characters are at once imbued with incredible power and subjected to a kind of profound powerlessness that only comes from living under the burden of institutionalized racism and bigotry. For those reasons and so many more—like plenty of deep-cut X-Men cameos—The Gifted is one of the strongest television shows Marvel and Fox have ever produced. ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... episode #9 L + 7 is a 1.7 an increase of .9 in the core demographic.

... produced this week the first over 100% demographic growth for the show since episode 4.
    Damn, dude, this is GREAT news! Its solid, delayed viewing performance, is definitely more encouraging than it's live numbers have been, recently. Just another sign of the times, I'm guessin', as everything continues to trend more towards personal customization.

With those numbers, hoping for good news soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    McKellen has done tv recently even having his own show with Derek Jacobi so I could see him doing an episode if asked.
    That would be somethin', wouldn't it...

... EPIC!!