Page 199 of 308 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4616

Soulsword323 I figure you would like this.

The Gifted Writers have a message to fans.

https://twitter.com/DaniSantos1992/s...01318982565888

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agree a thousand percent. They drag the show down to a crawl whenever they appear and all they ever do is constantly flip flop on whether there kids should get involved as if they have a choice.
    That's why the X-Men have no parents or their parents are gone (Except for cyclops because corsair is cooler than him and enables his antics). Although it'd be sad to see Amy Acker go because... Uh I don't know, she has fans I guess? Also the X-Men usually have human allies but they're scientists or liaisons for the government, strucker dad could be that but strucker mom....

Anyways, this show needs FRENZY

Woot! Finally, Season 2! They earned it. Hopefully, they can play with more IP toys now. Maybe give the Struckers a rest or a new plot.

Aside, I just wonder what this means for the old X-men/XCU going forward.

Hope Singer has nothing to do with S2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    That's why the X-Men have no parents or their parents are gone (Except for cyclops because corsair is cooler than him and enables his antics). Although it'd be sad to see Amy Acker go because... Uh I don't know, she has fans I guess? Also the X-Men usually have human allies but they're scientists or liaisons for the government, strucker dad could be that but strucker mom....

Anyways, this show needs FRENZY
    Still think they ought to use X-23 now that Weapon X has been referenced. Do a spin on NYX, only it's the Underground that finds her and breaks her free from Zebra Daddy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Still think they ought to use X-23 now that Weapon X has been referenced. Do a spin on NYX, only it's the Underground that finds her and breaks her free from Zebra Daddy.
    I don't think the suits will allow them to use a movie character, considering they're writing an spinoff for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I don't think the suits will allow them to use a movie character, considering they're writing an spinoff for her.
    Didn't stop them from using Blink.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Soulsword323 I figure you would like this.

The Gifted Writers have a message to fans.

https://twitter.com/DaniSantos1992/s...01318982565888
    Lol, I was going to post that but didn't. You're right though, love that image! A nice celebratory picture to go with this great announcement!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Kill off the flatscan parents and the show will improve
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I mostly held my mouth on that until renewal happened, but the focus on the Strucker parents and how they went about it became an anchor very much driving things down more then repeated arguments in the Underground by the time we got past the first iteration of them wanting to live an ordinary life vs accepting they are in extraordinary circumstances. Last episode we were in the fourth of fifth of it with them trying to leave the Underground to go to Mexico to live as ordinary people.

I would agree that minimally a radically different formula needs to happen with their characters next season. I suspect they already signed the contracts for coming back as a press release like this comes after the contracts are signed. But, the core point is they need to find a way to integrate them into the show in a very different framework then took hold this season.
    The show has many problems it needs to correct if it's going to continue past season 2. One of them was acting like they were on season 3 or 4 instead of season 1.

The focus on the Struckers would've worked much better for a season 4. Season 1-3 would've given audiences time to warm up to them as secondary characters before putting them in the spotlight. Similarly, both Polaris' pregnancy and time in prison came way too early. Both storylines would've offered more if the writers waited to do them until after Lorna was established on the show.

The winning formula for season 1 of the show would've been watching the Mutant Underground rescue various mutants from Sentinel Services. Would've done more to help people get to know all the characters and had a fun factor of "what mutant(s) will we see this week."

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Hoping Sage and Shatter become series regulars. They deserve it.
    They deserve it as much as Dreamer did. If the writers don't bring Dreamer back, they may as well kill off Sage and Shatter too. Get rid of all the characters they clearly don't care about all at once.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I wouldn't get attached to any made for TV mutant. I always considered them redshirts or obstacles in the way of something (Blink & T-bird). I'm realdy for Eclipse to die so lorna can snap and go Dark Polaris Saga. Made for TV mutants must die so the real mutants may live.

Edit: I guess dreamer was a morlock. Meh I like T-bird with blink so I'm fine anyways
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-04-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I wouldn't get attached to any made for TV mutant. I always considered them redshirts or obstacles in the way of something (Blink & T-bird). I'm realdy for Eclipse to die so lorna can snap and go Dark Polaris Saga. Made for TV mutants must die so the real mutants may live.
    I'd prefer if the Struckers all die before Eclipse. I really like Eclipse...plus he's super hot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Didn't stop them from using Blink.
    Blink had a non speaking pseudo cameo in a movie with big stars, X 23 was the co protagonist of Logan and set up for a spinoff, while blink is gone for good. So there's a big difference there

Edit: I guess dreamer was a morlock. Meh I like T-bird with blink so I'm fine anyways
    Wasn't dark polaris written by Chuck Austen? And why all females characters have these crazy super powered evil sides?

Whether or not they're made for TV doesn't matter. If the show is going to do anything much with any character, it has to either not kill them off at all (ideal) or do it right with respect to the character's worth and attachment to them by viewers.

Who people like Thunderbird with doesn't really matter. Dreamer had a lot of other possibilities that didn't involve that love triangle.

As for Eclipse, I expect him to die in the season finale, and his death will possibly be better handled than what they pulled with Dreamer purely because the writers have more respect for the character. That or he gets a power boost.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I'd prefer if the Struckers all die before Eclipse. I really like Eclipse...plus he's super hot.

Now that Hellfire Club is around I want Von Struckers to be members or at least Andrew after Esme seduces him some more. I want Lorna to go evil too and join Hellfire Club.

So then SS can be given a rest
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Whether or not they're made for TV doesn't matter. If the show is going to do anything much with any character, it has to either not kill them off at all (ideal) or do it right with respect to the character's worth and attachment to them by viewers.
    Well different strokes for different folks I guess. To me she was most annoying after Strucker parents so I'm glad she's dead.

And because she's gone Sage can get more lines of dialogue it seems.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-04-2018 at 01:41 PM.