Page 211 of 308 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4616
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

I think they took cares to finally show the breaking point for certain characters towards the end. I knew Andy would eventually diverge from her sister who seems to be oblivious to the fact Sentinel Services is out to capture them, and I only wish Andy had unleashed his power on his own and we could've seen his rage fully manifest. His bitterness towards them makes for some excellent action and tension with his family, and I was cheering out loud when He joined the Hellfire/Brotherhood and I hope to see Polaris train him more and develop his power. The scenes with Polaris and her finally waking up were well done- I just feel like Eclipse really gave her much of a choice. Also the same thing with Blink who didn't really have much to do in the finale, but she has to be aware that you can only run for so long and believing in beatnik ideas is counterproductive- humans have shown no willingness to accept them.

Altogether I can't wait to see what happens between Eclipse and Lorna, and I want to see the Brotherhood destroy Sentinel services and see what anti-mutie schemes Turner has planned. Its going to be an intense and dramatic season 2

If nothing else I can dream
    I can dream
    I'll never tell never tell
    All I've seen
    Right in front of me
    Like the ghost of every thing that I could be
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mighty Member

Terrific season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Terrific season finale.
    Oh yes!

Best of all, they said they would return...soon! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah I've been loosely monitoring social media chatter it seems primarily positive, more than I thought it would be actually since like I said I personally found Lorna at the end to be a bit much, and not even showing the Fenris power in action was also disappointing. But overall very strong finale

What do you mean not showing it in action? They showed the building getting split and then exploding in a giant burst of light. I thought they showed the Fenris Power effectively and I’m not sure how they could do it differently. I mean I guess they could’ve shown them standing in the aftermath but with everything else going on it’d be unnecessary.

Agreed that Polaris seemed a little bit much at the end but really interested in seeing what’s next for the Hellfire Club.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    What do you mean not showing it in action? They showed the building getting split and then exploding in a giant burst of light. I thought they showed the Fenris Power effectively and I’m not sure how they could do it differently. I mean I guess they could’ve shown them standing in the aftermath but with everything else going on it’d be unnecessary.

Agreed that Polaris seemed a little bit much at the end but really interested in seeing what’s next for the Hellfire Club.
    I mean they only showed the Fenris power effect starting up like they had already done about 3 times but not really the actual building (with Hounds) like being atomized. Shiny lights from an outside PoV were not really what most expected or hoped for I think
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

It occurs to me that they seem to be paralleling Lorna and Turner quite a bit (both being driven to be more and more extreme by their perceptions of what the other side is doing). I just wonder if that's intentional or not, and if it's going to go anywhere moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It occurs to me that they seem to be paralleling Lorna and Turner quite a bit (both being driven to be more and more extreme by their perceptions of what the other side is doing). I just wonder if that's intentional or not, and if it's going to go anywhere moving forward?
    They have been doing that since episode 4/5 where each pushes the other through their actions a bit further. Turner starts in with using mutant slaves and plans to send her to the Trask program he is using. Lorna is not to happy and is going to find out what he knows even if she has to rip it from his head.

That leads to a memory being erased as we know and him going both feet into the Hound program and in the end turning over Dreamer to be killed. That in turn pushes Lorna forward along with the real threat of the nationalization of the Hound program to try to shut it down first under the Mutants Underground’s code and then outside it when they fail. Jace meanwhile has lost faith in the system and it’s blame setting and it’s limits and looks like he is either going to work for Trask or perhaps the Purifiers or both.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-17-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Please, help with this. Basically from the last episode we know that
    spoilers:
    Polaris (patient in a mental institution), Eclipse (drug smuggler) and Thunderbird were somehow chosen by the X-Men to lead the Mutant Underground, even though they had no prior experience and they didn't even know them. But the X-Men could not, again for some unexplained reasons, contact them themselves so they asked Evangeline to do that.
    end of spoilers
    Am I right?
    Last edited by niconico00; 01-17-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

yeah, and I found that pretty stupid, tbh. Ive been thinking all these months that at least Lorna and John knew the x-men and were even working with them. But I guess its too much to ask for Fox and producers.

its quite ironic how they have been mentioning the x-men over and over during the whole season, yet NONE from these mutants have said they know them personally. Big rolling eyes gif

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Please, help with this. Basically from the last episode we know that
    spoilers:
    Polaris (patient in a mental institution), Eclipse (drug smuggler) and Thunderbird were somehow chosen by the X-Men to lead the Mutant Underground, even though they had no prior experience and they didn't even know them. But the X-Men could not, again for some unexplained reasons, contact them themselves so they asked Evangeline to do that.
    end of spoilers
    Am I right?
    Evangeline contacted them after the X-Men dissappeared.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Please, help with this. Basically from the last episode we know that... Am I right?
    Yes, it does appear that Evangeline recruited Polaris. Or initially made contact with her at least, to eXtend the offer, and get the ball rollin'. We can only assume, at this point, that something similar happened with Thunderbird. His joining & leading has only been hinted at, and talked about, but not much detail has been given & it's never been shown. It's been implied, repeatedly, that they were specifically chosen by the 'X-Men'. But it has been pretty much tap-danced around, as well.

Eclipse however, was directly approached by them in the early beginnings of the network (I think), while he was still workin' for Carmen & her dad's cartel. It was shown in a flashback, during episode 7:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The whole arc seems to be one of family and legacy.

The Strucker kids (and father) accepting and / or rejecting their family legacy (and it splitting their family apart). Agent Bell and his reaction to the death of his daughter, and how it's driving a wedge between himself and his wife now. Lorna being constantly reminded of her (in)famous father, and now with more family on the way, turning to her father's legacy, even if she doesn't seem to be a fan of the man himself (and now shown, in what seems to be her chronologically first appearance in a mental institution, playing with a bit of red and purple metal, presumably from one of Magneto's iconic red and purple costumes).

And in an unrelated note, nice to finally get to see what Shatter can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The whole arc seems to be one of family and legacy.

The Strucker kids (and father) accepting and / or rejecting their family legacy (and it splitting their family apart). Agent Bell and his reaction to the death of his daughter, and how it's driving a wedge between himself and his wife now. Lorna being constantly reminded of her (in)famous father, and now with more family on the way, turning to her father's legacy, even if she doesn't seem to be a fan of the man himself (and now shown, in what seems to be her chronologically first appearance in a mental institution, playing with a bit of red and purple metal, presumably from one of Magneto's iconic red and purple costumes).
    Lorna's decision in the end was about her family, but about the next generation not living in fear and terror of Hounds and Sentinels. She was realizing in the scene with Eclipse she was the only one morally shall we say unrestrained enough of the Underground to do what she decided shortly after their plan failed had to be done. The character also felt like she was trying to come to some kind of terms with the fact her father made a similar choice to forsake everyone he cares about including her for the war.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-17-2018 at 12:34 PM.

BANNED

I think this show would be better served with less mentions of the X-men. The more they talk about them up and disappearing, the less plausible this all seems.

Campbell's death was surprising.