Page 239 of 308 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4616
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The show is way way too expensive to be just a streaming alone thing, especially after what looks like a big budgetary boost for season 2. That said the network wants a co-ownership stake in the shows they have going forward which they do now for The Gifted, but after the merger its fuzzy and depends on the exact contracts details. It will be interesting to see how things go.
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    IDK, I think it sounds encouraging, TBH.

BANNED

Damn DOUBLE posting!!

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-02-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    IDK, I think it sounds encouraging, TBH.
    Fox wants to keep The Gifted (assuming ratings hold up) and most certainly invested heavily in the show since the buy out. Some at Disney might want shows like the Marvel/Fox studios show The Gifted to only air on Disney owned broadcast platforms. Though my suspicion is there may be clauses that gives the current network first dibs on renewal so Disney (via Hulu they will own majority stakes in post merger) and Fox will share broadcast rights.

Its complicated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... Its complicated.
    Eh, not too much really, sounds simple enough. I'm sure they'll figure it out, and do what's best for all concerned.

I know they're now airing Runaways, which was originally to be Hulu eXclusive (I believe), on their Freeform network. Probably to maX those revenue $'s. Vis-à-vis, Freeform's Cloak & Dagger eps, go to Hulu. Just like Legion's, and Gifted's. The former are all in-house, tho, and Legion will be soon enough. Whatever happens with a potential Gifted S3 & beyond tho, I imagine the relationship between FoX & Disney will still be pretty cooperative, considerin' the shareholders' stock eXchange & all. They have a vested interest now, in seeing to Disney's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Eh, not too much really, sounds simple enough. I'm sure they'll figure it out, and do what's best for all concerned.

I know they're now airing Runaways, which was originally to be Hulu eXclusive (I believe), on their Freeform network. Probably to maX those revenue $'s. Vis-à-vis, Freeform's Cloak & Dagger eps, go to Hulu. Just like Legion's, and Gifted's. The former are all in-house, tho, and Legion will be soon enough. Whatever happens with a potential Gifted S3 & beyond tho, I imagine the relationship between FoX & Disney will still be pretty cooperative, considerin' the shareholders' stock eXchange & all. They have a vested interest now, in seeing to Disney's success.
    Between Fox Studios and Disney sure as Fox Studios will be a subsidiary company like Marvel it sounds like. We will see about the independent TV division. I would imagine though that there is enough financial ties between the two to make it worth their while to continue to work together yes.

Even if Disney wants to reboot the X franchise we're at least 3 years away from any film reboot and possible fallout of not wanting competing versions of X-Men in the film/tv medium. So IMO Gifted and Legion will at least get 5 year runs and will be allowed to build syndication numbers which if things ended then it's a good run and also years away so IMO enjoy the shows and not worry what might happen years from now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    ... IMO Gifted and Legion will at least get 5 year runs... so... enjoy the shows and not worry what might happen years from now.
    I concur, and like the way you think.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Even if Disney wants to reboot the X franchise we're at least 3 years away from any film reboot and possible fallout of not wanting competing versions of X-Men in the film/tv medium. So IMO Gifted and Legion will at least get 5 year runs and will be allowed to build syndication numbers which if things ended then it's a good run and also years away so IMO enjoy the shows and not worry what might happen years from now.
    I hope this is true.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I was talking about it from the Fox TV prospective and so were the Fox execs. I was not debating if Disney is going to want to kill it to make room for their X-Men show they made with Marvel from the start.

From the Fox angle the Fox execs talk was about the need for their company to have a co-ownership stake in the shows they produce going forward otherwise they aren't going to want to air them outside of special occasions were it helps their brand. Will Fox have a co-ownership stake in the show once the deal goes through was more the unknown question. I think the impact on decisions from the Fox side in regards to renewal of the show or not for season 3 (which if it happens will be hammered out this year) are minimal, its after that they might grow and we will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-03-2018 at 04:36 AM.

BANNED

MUCH thanX to:

... for bringing this to attention...

... trippy psychological drama Legion stands on its own, The Gifted has successfully fashioned several disparate elements of the X-Men’s world into a promising new series.

While the show features some familiar X-Men like Polaris and Blink, the real focus of The Gifted is the mutant population in a world without the X-Men. While the series will begin its second season in September, the show still has fairly high ratings and solid buzz. If those hold up, The Gifted will probably still be on the air for the next few years. ...
    ... was surprised they put it at #3, OUT OF 25! With it bested only by Dafne Keen’s X-23, and the Devourer of Worlds himself, GALACTUS!! Know it's just a small thing, but still, VERY happy to see this. 💚💚💚
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-03-2018 at 12:45 PM.

am I the only one that kind of lost interest in this show?

I mean, I really liked season 1, but watching the trailer, knowing the merger, and all, I dont feel hyped about this anymore. I'll watch, obviously, but the lack of new big names on the show doesnt get me excited. I mean, the Empire girl? pleeease...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    am I the only one that kind of lost interest in this show?

I mean, I really liked season 1, but watching the trailer, knowing the merger, and all, I dont feel hyped about this anymore. I'll watch, obviously, but the lack of new big names on the show doesnt get me excited. I mean, the Empire girl? pleeease...
    Yes that definitely is a problem. A lot of people want the show to expand and use "big names" more and all that. And the merger also gets some fans to think it's pointless to watch since it "won't matter". I don't share those views whatsoever but I do understand they're out there, and it concerns me.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    They’re so cute! 💜

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yes that definitely is a problem. A lot of people want the show to expand and use "big names" more and all that. And the merger also gets some fans to think it's pointless to watch since it "won't matter". I don't share those views whatsoever but I do understand they're out there, and it concerns me.
    I mean, was it that hard to include this season regulars like Callisto, Caliban, Leech, and some X-Men cameos from original trilogy as their last guest role? like Rogue and Iceman?
    was it really that that hard?

dont think so.

its like Fox limits theirself each time, when the options are endeless.