Page 250 of 308 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4616

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Thanks Jmc247 Post Emma Dumont and Delete hour

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah it probably was considered too spoilery
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah it probably was considered too spoilery
    What was too spoilery?

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    What was too spoilery?
    Emma with a SS truck behind her on the set. I guess if they wanted it erased I decided I might as well do my own as well.

For the little over one million people who watched The Gifted re-run last night (as they are re-running the show at 9PM EST on Thursdays) they were treated to a new promo of The Gifted season 2. The re-reun watching numbers aren't good my guess is because so many are DVRing it like most genre shows. Hopefully next season can excite fans enough to wean them off doing it so much as it helps, but in terms of money brought in its nothing like live viewership.

Key new scenes. Lauren telling mom Andy wasn't taken he wanted to leave. Lorna telling Marcos that love isn't enough to protect their child.

Esme at the end acting telepathically on Lorna, perhaps increasing the pain to up the damage she was doing with her powers, perhaps decreasing it shut down her mind or perhaps both at various points in time.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-07-2018 at 02:35 PM.

A whole bunch of new promotional pictures just released.

Tons more at the link from SpoilerTV

Last edited by jmc247; 09-07-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loving everything so far. Happy to see Grace as a series regular, and can't wait to see how awesome Reeva is. Continue to be here for more Andy/Lorna friendship, and I think its cute he's going to get a love interest.

I cant remember where I saw this info, but was it ever stated that we would see other Frost sisters, besides the 3 that are already on the show?
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I cant remember where I saw this info, but was it ever stated that we would see other Frost sisters, besides the 3 that are already on the show?
    Yes, there will be more.

I notice Dumont/Samuels/Byers post tons of stuff with each other but very little with Percy Hynes White not sure what to make of that.
    Not so much today given Samuels and White were together, maybe they are listening to you, but Percy Hynes White is a very different generation from them.

That info about advertiser expectations sounds like a relief I suppose and should be attainable despite the bonehead decision to change both day and time and have the show no longer benefit from synergistic timing with the CW but directly compete with the CW's flagship...
    911 was the smash hit that Fox had been looking for since Empire. The Gifted is a hit, but not a smash hit. I can't fault their decision to change time slots, but The Gifted should have gotten a football game first episode super charge before their new time slot like 911 and Rel will have.

Interesting photo suggestive of Cuckoos and Reeva whispering without wanting Lorna to hear (ofc can't Cuckoos just use TP without whispering but I digress)
    I have a fair idea what is up at this point I suspect.

They apparently spoiled her arc for us though? Which is kind of weird

Twist could be an actual mutant "villain" and could be of use by showing that Hellfire are more like antiheroes/antivillains

The motivation to "watch the world burn" is quite different from a high-minded altruism or noble knightly vision of defending, protecting, and empowering an oppressed group
    A sociopath who lives for chaos and wants to see the world burn? Sounds like a date for Andy.

When it comes to the pathology in the Inner Circle. Reeva sounds driven by a hunger for power and vengeance. Andy is still the kid with a complex after being kicked on by bullies. Esme is kind of hard to read and might fall on the wants to see the world burn side of things. Hard to say. Its likely we are going to get at least one Frost's heavy and one Lorna heavy episode dealing with their pathos.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-07-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I wonder what to make of that picture with the actress who plays Sage

At first I thought Sage would die or leave the show after episode 1 or 2 given the actress has posted absolutely nothing suggesting she is still on set or filming more scenes and in fact has expressed open frustration about her acting career overall

But now this photo... and supposedly Twist doesn't begin the show until episode 4-5...

I'm confused but hopeful there is more Sage

Regarding your comments on the psychologies of the Hellfire Club we'll have to find out. It is definitely... suggestive... the photo showing the Cuckoos using telepathy apparently on a Lorna giving birth. Could definitely feed into the folks who view them as "monstrous", i.e. will fuel their conviction they are somehow controlling Polaris to do their bidding. Myself I severely doubt that though. We also saw a photo of Reeva with an open mouth... and Grace Byers confirmed the character's mutation on the show will be the same as in the comic (comic singular yes). It will be interesting how the show portrays her mutation in action and how to distinguish its effects from literally just what the Cuckoos can already do. Because her mutation sounds *extremely* similar to theirs only a partial version of it really, not sure why Reeva could be so hyped up as "the most powerful mutant still standing after 7/15" but we'll have to find out. Also saw a photo of Andy trying to attack his sister again , like as soon he sees her... sigh. That can't be great. Well I am still hoping Hellfire will be portrayed as more sympathetic noble knights on a hard mission and not like "Unhinged power-mad would-be despots".

Very concerned about ratings like you are, but crossing fingers the show can pull it off. Anecdotally the fandom on instagram is beginning to return and build up intensity at least.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 09-07-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I wonder what to make of that picture with the actress who plays Sage

At first I thought Sage would die or leave the show after episode 1 or 2 given the actress has posted absolutely nothing suggesting she is still on set or filming more scenes and in fact has expressed open frustration about her acting career overall

But now this photo... and supposedly Twist doesn't begin the show until episode 4-5...

I'm confused but hopeful there is more Sage

Regarding your comments on the psychologies of the Hellfire Club we'll have to find out. It is definitely... suggestive... the photo showing the Cuckoos using telepathy apparently on a Lorna giving birth. Could definitely feed into the folks who view them as "monstrous", i.e. will fuel their conviction they are somehow controlling Polaris to do their bidding. Myself I severely doubt that though. We also saw a photo of Reeva with an open mouth... and Grace Byers confirmed the character's mutation on the show will be the same as in the comic (comic singular yes). It will be interesting how the show portrays her mutation in action and how to distinguish its effects from literally just what the Cuckoos can already do. Because her mutation sounds *extremely* similar to theirs only a partial version of it really, not sure why Reeva could be so hyped up as "the most powerful mutant still standing after 7/15" but we'll have to find out. Also saw a photo of Andy trying to attack his sister again , like as soon he sees her... sigh. That can't be great. Well I am still hoping Hellfire will be portrayed as more sympathetic noble knights on a hard mission and not like "Unhinged power-mad would-be despots".

Very concerned about ratings like you are, but crossing fingers the show can pull it off. Anecdotally the fandom on instagram is beginning to return and build up intensity at least.
    I don’t mean this rudely at all, just an observation- you seem to make lots of interpretations based on actors’ posting habits on social media

While certainly posts give hints, I wouldn’t read into it that much. I’m sure some actors simply don’t like being so involved with social media (I know I wouldn’t want to be) or some actors probably aren’t close friends off camera (and there’s nothing wrong with that).

Sage also hasn’t been a main character.. She probably isn’t around the other actors nearly as often to even be able to take pictures, even if she’s still a recurring role. Simply put maybe she’s just not around enough to be in the pics.

Another note: maybe reeva being the most powerful mutant just means she’s the mutant in the biggest position of power: meaning influence and connections.

Regarding your last point, I actually disagree as far as how I’d like to see them
    Portrayed . As of the end of season 1 I am Not seeing the noble knights angle at all so I don’t see them being portrayed that way in season 2. Sure I expect some complexity but not enough to make them an equally viable “good guy” side. I’m guessing they’ll just be like magneto and his brotherhood, extremists for their cause... With the remnants of the mutant underground fighting a two front war (against humans who hate them but also protecting humans from the hellfire club, just like Xavier vs magneto in the good ole days).

And frankly I’m fine with that. Unless they do some major moral shifting, that group ended season 1 as terrorists essentially.

Then again I purposefully avoid lots of promos and spoilers so there could already be info out discredits my belief. If so I apologize.
    Last edited by Grey; 09-08-2018 at 02:34 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?