Page 267 of 308 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4616
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    My quick thoughts on episode 1 of season 2

- I am still hoping for Strucker family to die here is my list in order of most annoying

Andy-Less annoying than last season but since is not around his family any more he is less whiny and bratty
    Caitlin- She is super annoying this season but that being offset that combat wise she is doing something.
    Reed- Seem less annoying to me this season,Here's to hoping his powers is interesting
    Lauren-has never really annoy me that much but her character is just there,I am not rooting for her die but I can say I would be that broken up about her gone

Stucker family is taking up 4 slots that could used by more interesting characters imo

- Reeva was awesome. The Hellfire club death scene was interesting considering that Cuckoos have been shown to be pretty amazing. Them going around gunning people down when they can mind screw people seems weird

- Everything else was solid,Blink and Warpath are solid couple. Marcos is kinda annoying at the moment but it is understandable.Waiting for sides to build up for showdowns and the show to get more interesting even though Polaris, Andy, Cuckoos and Reva is a beatdown.
    Yeah I agree that right now it does seem like if the two sides fought the Inner Circle really should win

That's why I think they will split up or have internal disagreements

Also don't underestimate Thunderbird he is like the best mutant on the show for fighting pretty much

And you're not alone in disliking the Strucker family a lot of people would prefer those be mutants from the canon

Another thing is Reed's mutation could "even the odds" or even tilt them in the Underground's favor plus they just found that new girl Cristina and she is TK it seems
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Last edited by jmc247; 10-01-2018 at 01:10 PM.

I love season 2 Andy! Big upgrade

T-Bird going into battle with a tomahawk.

Ep four promotional photos
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-01-2018 at 05:57 PM.

That tomahawk will quickly turn into a massive liability when he is face to face with the Mistress of Magnetism though

OBEY

The usual make up is stone and wood.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-01-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That tomahawk will quickly turn into a massive liability when he is face to face with the Mistress of Magnetism though

Swing and a miss.

OBEY

All-New Member

What was the point of killing off half the Inner Circle in the first episode of season 2? I get the sense that there are new writers for season 2, and they wanted to simplify their writing task for the rest of the season by getting rid of all the tension. Does anyone know if there was a change in the staff?

Plus it doesn't make any sense. How are they going to raise more money/who is going to do the financial transactions if they killed off the financial whiz + the wealthy backers. Why did William the chess-player not anticipate this scene? Why weren't anyone besides the Cuckoos armed? Where was security? Is Reeva able to channel her power against specific persons, or otherwise why weren't the Cuckoos affected?

The first season had a lot of complex plot elements (exploration of racism, the split in the mutant underground, exploration of how far sentinel services should go and what tactics are right/moral for them to use, hints about the hellfire club/inner circle, power dynamics, etc), but it seems like season 2 is shaping up to be just battle scenes. I am hope I am wrong.

The parents seemed a bit out of place in season 1 so will be interested to see the new mutant powers in the father and how it changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by zqdtp View Post
    What was the point of killing off half the Inner Circle in the first episode of season 2? I get the sense that there are new writers for season 2, and they wanted to simplify their writing task for the rest of the season by getting rid of all the tension. Does anyone know if there was a change in the staff?

Plus it doesn't make any sense. How are they going to raise more money/who is going to do the financial transactions if they killed off the financial whiz + the wealthy backers. Why did William the chess-player not anticipate this scene? Why weren't anyone besides the Cuckoos armed? Where was security? Is Reeva able to channel her power against specific persons, or otherwise why weren't the Cuckoos affected?

The first season had a lot of complex plot elements (exploration of racism, the split in the mutant underground, exploration of how far sentinel services should go and what tactics are right/moral for them to use, hints about the hellfire club/inner circle, power dynamics, etc), but it seems like season 2 is shaping up to be just battle scenes. I am hope I am wrong.

The parents seemed a bit out of place in season 1 so will be interested to see the new mutant powers in the father and how it changes things.
    I think the point was to show the change of the Hellfire Club from more of a behind the scenes group of just wealthy powerful elites to a more hands-on organization dedicated to actively trying to protect mutantkind and secure a homeland for them

I surely hope the goal isn't to get rid of all tension... and it doesn't seem that way

I think they did get some new writers but I don't know specifics of how much of a change there may have been or the nature of the personnel but my assumption is more diversity

Well if they already have like dozen+ accounts of 50 mil each... I think they'll be ok at least for a while.

The best explanation I heard as far as them not anticipating Reeva attacking is they were so comfortable and cozy being behind the scenes operators, they hadn't done much combat in a long time, and were used to being obeyed and just intimidating everyone off of their past history or associations you know?

Good question about how come the Cuckoos having guns was just accepted but :shrug:.

Yes it appears Reeva can channel her mutation against individuals and hence avoided affecting the Cuckoos.

I think s2 will have complex elements. Purifiers and Morlocks are yet to be introduced. A lot of the promos oversimplify the show I think making it "choose which side" but I'm pretty sure it'll be more nuanced than that. Plus... if you ask me, I think it's interesting asking the audience to measure and weight these two organizations of mutants or two philosophical approaches to many of the same common problems. It's why I really reject labeling the Inner Circle or Reeva Payge "villains".

Yes the parents definitely seem odd but at the same time I feel that is a good thing to have some humans among the mutants. Sort of like the human associates of the X-Men in the past. Reed getting his mutation back I'm not actually all that excited about I think it could become kind of a stereotypical thing where he is like the Savior and fights Reeva etc etc. Hopefully it's handled more interestingly than that.

Thank you for your thoughts!

OBEY

Amazing Member

Good Day Atlanta visits the set of 'The Gifted'

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zqdtp View Post
    What was the point of killing off half the Inner Circle in the first episode of season 2?
    They want to use the Hellfire lore ties but not force to be tied into Hellfire stuff, I mean left as you would have fans asking who is the white queen ? where is the kings and bishop,etc.. Inner Circle gives you the rich connection and organization of Hellfire but none of the cheesy dress up and chess piece stuff.