Page 269 of 308 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4616
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Dat death scene tho.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not giving, making more from & with what they already have.
    It takes financial people to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Really? In S1, he didn't seem to anticipate the Frosts' moves all that well. Their rogue boldness took him by surprise, and they in return didn't respect his authority, regularly scoffing at his reprimands.
    I didn't see that at all. He expressed disappointment in their actions. It seemed that he was representing the IC at the beginning, but by the end of season 1 the Cuckoos were taking orders straight from Reeva.

Episode 2, S2, made the opening scene much more understandable. The writers are establishing a pattern of behavior for Reeva, constantly pushing more in the same direction. But someone like her doesn't develop overnight; it makes it even more strange that the rest of the IC did not anticipate it. Especially since it was mentioned in E2 that Reeva is one of the most powerful mutants extant. The implication was that she probably could have killed off the rest of the IC by herself; the cuckoos were backup.

About the dozen accounts, thinking back to that scene, I think the mention of the dozen accounts were various shell corporations and the total was $50 million.

I was happy to see the sentinal services person back again, was just commenting on it. But I was hoping that he came back in a different role, not the underground mutant obsession. Hopefully it develops in a different direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zqdtp View Post
    It takes financial people to do that. ...
    As I first noted.

... I didn't see that at all. He expressed disappointment in their actions. It seemed that he was representing the IC at the beginning, but by the end of season 1 the Cuckoos were taking orders straight from Reeva.

Episode 2, S2, made the opening scene much more understandable. The writers are establishing a pattern of behavior for Reeva, constantly pushing more in the same direction. But someone like her doesn't develop overnight; it makes it even more strange that the rest of the IC did not anticipate it. Especially since it was mentioned in E2 that Reeva is one of the most powerful mutants extant. The implication was that she probably could have killed off the rest of the IC by herself; the cuckoos were backup.

About the dozen accounts, thinking back to that scene, I think the mention of the dozen accounts were various shell corporations and the total was $50 million. ...
    I saw it as he wasn't in control, and basically ineffectual. That they were doing what they wanted to, and paying him little mind.

You might be overthinking things, IMO, and getting too far into the weeds.

BANNED

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If I understand it correctly, Andy's mom is tracking him on his League of Legends account since he actively plays the game and trying to communicate with him through it?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If I understand it correctly, Andy's mom is tracking him on his League of Legends account since he actively plays the game and trying to communicate with him through it?
    Yes. That's what he told Reeva and he seemed sincere about it. But he hasn't replied to her messages.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member

Sigh, the ratings. I'll be staying away from the ratings sites. Too depressing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Needs more action and less talk

BANNED

It isn't shocking, there hasn't been much for a casual viewer to buy into at this point. I mean, this episode accomplished....what? (I know what it did, but seems like very little for an hour of time)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It isn't shocking, there hasn't been much for a casual viewer to buy into at this point. I mean, this episode accomplished....what? (I know what it did, but seems like very little for an hour of time)
    I hope the ratings didn't go way down for this episode that'd be unfortunate but even if they did we can wait for the DVR views to come in and so on

Broadly I do feel like the first 4 episodes of this season are "set up" with "action" starting in episode 5.

However I was actually very pleasantly surprised with how much did occur this episode, I felt it was a lot more substantive than the opener
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I don't know why some of you care about ratings so much. It is what it is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't know why some of you care about ratings so much. It is what it is.
    Maybe because some of us don't want the show canceled and can see that it likely will be now.

Maybe because some of us don't want the show canceled and can see that it likely will be now.
    It doesn't do you any good to worry about something outside of your control. The way things are now television ratings is the be all, end all when DVR and streaming on a thing.