Page 281 of 308 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4616
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    If you don't agree with my feelings that's one thing. But belittling how I feel and saying I am trolling is only going to lead to an arguement and I do not want to argue with anyone. I am entititled to feel how I feel. If you're not concerned about the ratings then good for you. I am. I have posted in this this thread since the show started airing & have always respected others opinions. I ask for the same.
    I'm also concerned but read my remarks. Live ratings went UP for first time this season, hence I asked why choose NOW to panic about it that way. In such an over the top manner like "I can't even watch or enjoy the show" that's just silly.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I'm also concerned but read my remarks. Live ratings went UP for first time this season, hence I asked why choose NOW to panic about it that way. In such an over the top manner like "I can't even watch or enjoy the show" that's just silly.
    I'm more concerned that we haven't seen anything jump out as a storyline/conflict going forward to attach to. So far this season has been ok, but it hasn't been well written or paced. The viewership bleed(that reversed a bit this week for the better) likely reflects that.

Spectacular Member

Once again you are belittling how I feel about this subject. I feel how I feel about the ratings. Saying I am silly for how I feel and I'm am being over the top is not the way to have a conversation about this. You may not like that I posted about the ratings. But it is my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So I've watched all 5 episodes of season 2 now and... I'm not loving LOVING it. There's a lot to like and I have enjoyed all episodes so far, but it's not something terribly exciting or something I'm really dying to see the next episode of. In my opinion The Gifted is a good series but it's missing a few "hooks" that would make it jump to "great". You have the underlying mystery of what Reeva's plan is exactly, and you wonder if Andy will go back to his family in the end... but that's it.

And I understand that this was always presented as a family drama in a world of super-powered individuals rather than a straight-up superhero show, and you can clearly see that in the attention the Struckers but also Jace Turner regularly get, but I'm not sure this "hybrid" approach is really working here.

2x06

set today

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm more concerned that we haven't seen anything jump out as a storyline/conflict going forward to attach to. So far this season has been ok, but it hasn't been well written or paced. The viewership bleed(that reversed a bit this week for the better) likely reflects that.
    These are your subjective opinions, you can't say it "explains" ratings, so many variables go into that

I don't agree with your opinions but they are so vague it's hard to really even understand what to say about it. Like you say there are no storylines..? Um yes there are. There are no conflicts...? The show is packed full of conflicts. It's not well written or paced = pure subjectivity, and impossible to explain a different perspective about. I do think that it hasn't had a lot of battles thus far that much is true, and not a ton of exhibitions of mutant abilities, although some. But this season is about world building and exploration and the interpersonal dynamics not solely who would win in what fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Once again you are belittling how I feel about this subject. I feel how I feel about the ratings. Saying I am silly for how I feel and I'm am being over the top is not the way to have a conversation about this. You may not like that I posted about the ratings. But it is my opinion.
    Sigh. Just read what I actually said, you seem to be misinterpreting it massively. Has nothing to do with "posting about ratings". It's the way you do it, it comes off as panicky and almost a parody. Of course you can talk about ratings but to say you can't enjoy a show? When ratings went up? Again, read what was said. It's unhealthy if you care THAT much about such things that you can't even enjoy the thing that you say you like.... that's not normal or good

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    So I've watched all 5 episodes of season 2 now and... I'm not loving LOVING it. There's a lot to like and I have enjoyed all episodes so far, but it's not something terribly exciting or something I'm really dying to see the next episode of. In my opinion The Gifted is a good series but it's missing a few "hooks" that would make it jump to "great". You have the underlying mystery of what Reeva's plan is exactly, and you wonder if Andy will go back to his family in the end... but that's it.

And I understand that this was always presented as a family drama in a world of super-powered individuals rather than a straight-up superhero show, and you can clearly see that in the attention the Struckers but also Jace Turner regularly get, but I'm not sure this "hybrid" approach is really working here.
    Well I wonder about more than those two things you indicated....

I don't really see Jace as being about family drama either, he is more shaping up to become a Purifier? That's not family related at all.

Lots of people are irritated by the focus on the Strucker family particularly the parents and to an extent I can understand that feeling.

But this season is really about a lot more than that....

I think it's just misunderstanding the show to think it's all about just "will the Struckers reunite and if so how" yes that is PART of the show but by no means the entire show or even the main part

To me it's more about exploration of the world, laying out the differences in point of view among these groups, and sort of getting the audience to ask themselves questions about what side they really feel supportive or antagonistic about. Like, Lauren might just as easily go off and join Inner Circle , as Andy would go to the Underground again, you know? There's no need to only view these things in one way. But for me it's about taking it one episode at a time and enjoying what they give, like I really liked the scene with Andy and Rebecca out at lunch, and kind of their mindset and how they both want to sort of "f the system" or what have you, and now they're with a group that basically legitimizes their teenage angst (which is superpowered). But will that cause issues for the Inner Circle like if Rebecca goes "off the reservation" and ends up just causing mayhem it could give them bad PR and hurt their overall efforts.

And the Morlock exploration with Erg taking in those freed patients but reluctantly, requiring them to be branded first, and getting Blink to help steal supplies.

I do think there could/should be more use of powers and battles and I do agree the Strucker parents can get boring/annoying. But for me those things don't weigh down the show that much or subtract from all the huge positives and potential there is
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The Gifted - iMprint - Advance Preview: The Frost Sisters' Past is Revealed

The scenes we get between Esme and Lorna are fantastic this week. They're a duo I would love to see more of going forward.

Skyler Samuels is also exemplary in this episode. She has the difficult task of playing three different characters on the show and I think in "iMprint" she truly gets a chance to shine, as does the character of Esme. Speaking of Esme and her sisters, we finally learn of their origins and the disturbing truths of their past.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/11/th...e-preview.html
    Advance preview.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-04-2018 at 04:03 PM.

BANNED

These are your subjective opinions, you can't say it "explains" ratings, so many variables go into that

I don't agree with your opinions but they are so vague it's hard to really even understand what to say about it. Like you say there are no storylines..? Um yes there are. There are no conflicts...? The show is packed full of conflicts. It's not well written or paced = pure subjectivity, and impossible to explain a different perspective about. I do think that it hasn't had a lot of battles thus far that much is true, and not a ton of exhibitions of mutant abilities, although some. But this season is about world building and exploration and the interpersonal dynamics not solely who would win in what fight.
    There are no compelling storylines. I don't care about the Struckers. (People in the TV/Film section are literally trying to figure out who the worst of them is, which is hilariously apt) I don't care about Jace Turner. I do care about Polaris and her screen time has not been robust. I care about Proudstar, Blink, and Eclipse but they also seem to just be bouncing from one lame mission to the next. And then the subsequent week we get the requisite argument about the folly of the last week before it's off to the next lame mission.

You don't get to spend two seasons world building in today's television without more compelling narratives coming along with it.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 11-04-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Spectacular Member

Sigh. Just read what I actually said, you seem to be misinterpreting it massively. Has nothing to do with "posting about ratings". It's the way you do it, it comes off as panicky and almost a parody. Of course you can talk about ratings but to say you can't enjoy a show? When ratings went up? Again, read what was said. It's unhealthy if you care THAT much about such things that you can't even enjoy the thing that you say you like.... that's not normal or good
    is
    So now you're implying that there is something wrong with me just because I posted a simple message not happy with the ratings. You don't seem to see how you are continuing to talk down to and belittle me. Every message of yours goes farther. You have blown my first post way out of proportion. I don't need you to tell me how to feel or why I am wrong to feel the way I feel. There is nothing that you can say that will make me feel like the one sentence I posted went too far and I will continue to post how I feel about the ratings if I feel so. I have now said all I will to you about this.

hey everyone Ive been watching the show but sometimes i have to miss it and watch it later on On Demand(Tuesday at 800 pm is just lousy for me.) The last ep I watched was when towards the end the Hellfire Club broke out some hooded girl from an asylum. Did Fox air an ep after that? That last ep I saw was the last one available to watch on OD. They have the next two eps available as well but for some reason Im not allowed to access them yet.

thanks...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    hey everyone Ive been watching the show but sometimes i have to miss it and watch it later on On Demand(Tuesday at 800 pm is just lousy for me.) The last ep I watched was when towards the end the Hellfire Club broke out some hooded girl from an asylum. Did Fox air an ep after that? That last ep I saw was the last one available to watch on OD. They have the next two eps available as well but for some reason Im not allowed to access them yet.

thanks...
    Fox UK have just aired that episode and I think we're about 13 days behind the U.S,I don't know if that's any help...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post

thanks...
    There has been an epsiode since then. Aired the night before Halloween here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    There has been an epsiode since then. Aired the night before Halloween here in the states.
    thanks, Ill just have to check to see if its on On Demand tonight then. I wonder if they'll air an ep tomorrow or postpone it due to the elections coverage going on .

Die hard X-Men fan. Finding these episodes boring. Keeing mutants underground has really hurt the action needed to make this show a success with the general audiences. This should have been akin to agents of Shield in terms of fight scenes all the time with powered people. the conflict has been mostly ideological causing the show to have a very light pulse.