Page 287 of 308 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4616
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Once again the Inner Circle strikes a blow for mutant freedom everywhere, while Thunderbird wrestles a truck and loses.

Personally, I have simply been more invested in the "bad" guys anyways, they could cut the Mutant Underground from the show entirely, imo.
    I can't get on board with the Inner Circle. They're just the Purifiers with a different coat of paint. I'm pretty sure we are meant to make direct connections between the path Jace is walking and the path Reeva is walking.

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    I can't get on board with the Inner Circle. They're just the Purifiers with a different coat of paint. I'm pretty sure we are meant to make direct connections between the path Jace is walking and the path Reeva is walking.
    Nonsense. The Purifiers seek to kill and torture anyone who isn't like them. Meanwhile the Inner Circle is fighting for Mutants rights to freedom. It's completely different.

I assume you're the sort of person that when a kid dares to fight back against their bully says they're "just as bad". *eyeroll*

Astonishing Member

Eh, not quite...last season the MU was actually close to making a ‘real’ change for mutants because vampire bill had convinced the SS guy to save the mutants from Ahab. And then the cuckoos went and murdered all his people... so it’s more like, if a bully actually stops fighting and agrees to listen, but you go and kill his dogs in retaliation...

BANNED

The Inner Circle has been on a murder spree for about 12 episodes now. I mean, they may not be comparable to the Purifiers because of their intentions, but there is a lot of Pollyanna spin on them the last few days.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Eh, not quite...last season the MU was actually close to making a ‘real’ change for mutants because vampire bill had convinced the SS guy to save the mutants from Ahab. And then the cuckoos went and murdered all his people... so it’s more like, if a bully actually stops fighting and agrees to listen, but you go and kill his dogs in retaliation...
    The Cuckoos are the only reason the parents went to try to work on him

It was their plan to begin with lol

They knew it wouldn't fully succeed it was at best a partial way to get the captive mutants easier to liberate

The plan succeeded

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The Inner Circle has been on a murder spree for about 12 episodes now. I mean, they may not be comparable to the Purifiers because of their intentions, but there is a lot of Pollyanna spin on them the last few days.
    12?

The only really questionable things the IC has even been shown to do are killing the witnesses since presumably there are other ways to deal with that.

Otherwise...? They're just clearly on the side of good, that is if you sympathize with the mutants in the show's world

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Nonsense. The Purifiers seek to kill and torture anyone who isn't like them. Meanwhile the Inner Circle is fighting for Mutants rights to freedom. It's completely different.

I assume you're the sort of person that when a kid dares to fight back against their bully says they're "just as bad". *eyeroll*
    I like you.

There is indeed a lot of "both sides-ism" going on. Maybe the show writers are partly intended that to be there as a theme but I like to believe they're also smart enough to know IC and Purifiers are drastically different, just like in the real world, "Antifa" and NeoNazis are drastically different.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 12-08-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    12?

The only really questionable things the IC has even been shown to do are killing the witnesses since presumably there are other ways to deal with that.

Otherwise...? They're just clearly on the side of good, that is if you sympathize with the mutants in the show's world.
    Yes, 12. That might be on the low end. And don't take it from me....the Frost sisters have been moralizing about the "should we have to murder or not" on at least three occasions. (Prison bus break, witnesses, Twist's actions) They murdered a whole room of other mutants for no other reason than a power grab. They've committed many unnecessary murders in their screen time. That's just a fact.

Now, that doesn't make them the same as the Purifiers, but we can stop white-washing them now. I don't blame you for finding them more compelling. In this show there are the Purifiers, the Underground, and the Struckers. Of course the Inner Circle is the most compelling....look how low of a bar that is to clear!
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 12-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

The Cuckoos are the only reason the parents went to try to work on him

It was their plan to begin with lol

They knew it wouldn't fully succeed it was at best a partial way to get the captive mutants easier to liberate

The plan succeeded

12?

The ’plan’was working ’completely’until they torpedoed it themselves. Even if it wasn’t, they could have used their powers to say ‘set all the mutants free’ instead of killing everyone and turning on the underground for no particular reason. Heck, given how well their powers worked, they didn’t even need a plan beyond something like, find someone who worked there, and get them to ‘set the mutants free. Speaking of their powers, hard to believe three telepaths couldn’t think of another way to deal with pesky witnesses...hmmm...whatever else could they have done?

Things I've seen tonight led me into looking up social media activity about Dreamer again. I stumbled on this video where Elle Satine answered someone's question on if Dreamer will ever come back to the show.

https://twitter.com/ElleSatineBR/sta...81726769340418

Her answer isn't surprising, but I felt it was worth highlighting because she says this is a very popular question. Says quite a bit about how much interest and attachment a lot of people had before the show randomly and poorly killed her off to benefit all the other characters and move the story forward. That she says "you never know" at the end also shows she's very much open to returning. But of course, that depends on people who work on the show caring enough about making up for how her death was handled to do that. Like how they could've had her on a recent episode with flashbacks but made a deliberate choice not to do so.
    Last edited by salarta; 12-13-2018 at 10:56 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Things I've seen tonight led me into looking up social media activity about Dreamer again. I stumbled on this video where Elle Satine answered someone's question on if Dreamer will ever come back to the show.

https://twitter.com/ElleSatineBR/sta...81726769340418

Her answer isn't surprising, but I felt it was worth highlighting because she says this is a very popular question. Says quite a bit about how much interest and attachment a lot of people had before the show randomly and poorly killed her off to benefit all the other characters and move the story forward. That she says "you never know" at the end also shows she's very much open to returning. But of course, that depends on people who work on the show caring enough about making up for how her death was handled to do that. Like how they could've had her on a recent episode with flashbacks but made a deliberate choice not to do so.
    I'm beginning to understand you and the other Dreamer stans PoV with the way the character Rebecca Hoover/Twist was unceremoniously offed.

And, just like with Dreamer, her personality underwent a distortion and 180 change one episode prior.

However... well. Yeah, Dreamer dying wasn't a deal breaker for me and neither will Rebecca's death be such.

The only way to really make me hate this show is if they got rid of the Inner Circle entirely or rendered them comically "evil" somehow, got Lorna to return to Underground and re-grow her romance with Marcos, basically "admit" to him he was right all along about everything, and she was a naughty spoiled brat or something. If they show does that I'm done with it period. I hope it's too intelligent but you never know.

I also think EVEN IF they did that, they would "compensate" by giving us a more dark Lauren Strucker or something else.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 12-14-2018 at 06:11 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I'm beginning to understand you and the other Dreamer stans PoV with the way the character Rebecca Hoover/Twist was unceremoniously offed.

And, just like with Dreamer, her personality underwent a distortion and 180 change one episode prior.

However... well. Yeah, Dreamer dying wasn't a deal breaker for me and neither will Rebecca's death be such.
    The show does treat its non-contracted actors/characters as Star Trek did their non-contracted red shirted ensigns. I said at the time that the actress that plays Dreamer was better then a number of their contracted cast and as such didn’t deserve to die to further Thunderblink’s ship, the same can be said of Rebecca to further Andy’s story as the actress really was also vastly better then certain other core cast. The actor that plays Shatter was a decient and was really excited about the role as well and was killed off to further Jace’s story.

But, killing no character including Lorna for me as I said and really do mean is a deal breaker for me watching the show. There is nothing wrong with different points of view on what is boycott worthy.

More then anything what I love about the show is the way it handles the real world of people doing what they think is right even if doing it ends up going badly. For me what makes it worth watching is the show is a breath of fresh air to date from the good vs evil blather being forced on everything Marvel related these days which I have no interest in reading or watching.

The only way to really make me hate this show is if they got rid of the Inner Circle entirely or rendered them comically "evil" somehow, got Lorna to return to Underground and re-grow her romance with Marcos, basically "admit" to him he was right all along about everything, and she was a naughty spoiled brat or something. If they show does that I'm done with it period. I hope it's too intelligent but you never know.
    For me as well this would be the sort of crap that would end my viewership of the show.

It felt like the first several episodes of the season tried things a more stereotypical Disney way and much less the way Nix and Singer laid out and a sizable chunk of the established audience of the show turned away from that hard. But, as things started to shift we have seen some movement back.

If the show loses the basic concept of a world of ordinary people with incredible gifts simply trying to do what is best for themselves and their families/communities then I am done with it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-14-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Twist's personally never suddenly changed. She was presented as deranged from the beginning. Remember when she turned that cop car inside out for fun? A character that killed her family, killed people at the mental hospital, killed thirty-seven people (then turned around and smiled), and then attempted to kill a chunk of the cast (Polaris, Stepfords, Reeva, and Sage). She was either going to spend the rest of the season locked up in a spinning prison, or she was going to be killed, because she was constantly killing people.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-14-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Twist was such an amazing character and Anjelica Bette Fellini was an amazing actress who played the broken bird and the lunatic well. My only big criticism is that Anjelica is 24 and Percy is 17, so her making out with him on screen was a bit creepy. It's a good thing she looks young.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Twist's personally never suddenly changed.
    No her personality did not change and her being a chaos happy troll was there from the beginning on that score you are right and AH is wrong.

But, I will say she was a very good actress whose time on the show could have been lengthened, however once they had her cross the Rubicon of setting Washington DC alight with her massacre which was in character neither the humans, nor the Underground nor the IC was going to let the character walk away free and clear.

The only surprise was Andy not Reeva or Lorna ending her existence. That said I thought the actress was skill wise better then Percy.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-14-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

The only surprise was Andy not Reeva or Lorna ending her. That said I thought the actress was skill wise better then Percy.
    That's the magic of having a former Broadway kid on the show.