Page 3 of 308 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    They lost any possible intrest from me at Singer involvement.
    Pretty much the same here. But still, tv directors and movies directors are kind of a different thing.

Amazing Member

I was interested until I saw Singer's name attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I bet nobody here even knows who the directors of their favourite shows are.
    Because they are not relevant to the final product.
    If you mean the guys who are behind the cameras setting up shots and coaching actors, those are TV directors and they are very relevant to the final product. TV directors work with the script they're given, they don't have the power to redo everything like movie directors seem to be able to.

And I take note of my favourite directors for the TV shows I watch/rewatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This news is one of the msot exciting pieces of X-Men related news I have heard in awhile. I am so happy they're getting a pilot made

Very excited about this. Between Legion and this show, the X-men are finally getting a larger presence on TV. I think that's vital because it's a medium that has the potential to reach a whole new audience that the movies can't. Between DC's success on CW and Marvel's success with Netflix, it's a medium that the X-men have struggled to break into ever since the second season of Wolverine and the X-men got cancelled. Marvel seems intent on never making another X-men cartoon. A TV show like this could be just what the X-men need to show that there's still a market for them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    If you mean the guys who are behind the cameras setting up shots and coaching actors, those are TV directors and they are very relevant to the final product. TV directors work with the script they're given, they don't have the power to redo everything like movie directors seem to be able to.

And I take note of my favourite directors for the TV shows I watch/rewatch.
    Oh yeah they do that kind of stuff. But who here hates Singer because of his camera angles?

Did people here refuse to watch House because Singer directed the pilot? Do people consider House a "Bryan Singer project"?

it would be quite funny if Bryan somehow convinced Fox to use a few original actors on a few episodes here and there to waste them all over again

I already imagine the news of Anna Paquin/Rogue guest staring in one episode, fans getting really excited, and once the episode airs, she will be treated poorly with the fanbase ending pissed as hell all over again, lol.

BANNED

Interview with the guy who is actually in charge: https://www.cnet.com/news/new-x-men-...t-nix-fox-apb/

Morlocks. morlocks. morlocks.

I don't care how annoying I get about them, they're perfect for the "underground mutants" they keep talking about.

BANNED

I don't think Singers films were bad. He just made them too much about Xavier and Magneto, and then Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. I'm glad to see him off the movies, but I don't mind watching an X-Men tv show directed by him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    it would be quite funny if Bryan somehow convinced Fox to use a few original actors on a few episodes here and there to waste them all over again

I already imagine the news of Anna Paquin/Rogue guest staring in one episode, fans getting really excited, and once the episode airs, she will be treated poorly with the fanbase ending pissed as hell all over again, lol.
    If he used the show to turn Anna Paquin/Rogue into the Rogue we know from the comics (he has her permanently absorb someone with SuperGirl or Super Man types powers) I would love it. A long series can give him time to do things he hasn't done in the films.

It could even be good for the franchise as a whole.

Bryan wont care about Rogue, lol. We should know better after almost 2 decades

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Executive producers aren't normally the creative force at least.
    Really depends who it is, they are really just somebody being paid to put their name on a project but some meddle more than others. George Lucas for example.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

If I were Fox I would assign the tv pilot to Singer too. Like it or not, he is the Father of the XCU and his influence can be found in all modern superhero films to an extent so he would know how to usher in the show to that world properly. OTOH, he's still likely to do less damage to the larger universe through a tv show as opposed to a future film, so losses are reduced. Kind of a failsafe plan.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don't think Singers films were bad. He just made them too much about Xavier and Magneto, and then Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. I'm glad to see him off the movies, but I don't mind watching an X-Men tv show directed by him.
    Xavier and Magneto were barely in the original films.