Page 51 of 308 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Well it seems it's better to expect lip service instead of cameos then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Well it seems it's better to expect lip service instead of cameos then.
    Depends on how much it makes as in moderate success vs mega hit and if this becomes the Petri dish to start crossing over MCU and FCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Heroes and The Gifted have the same executive producer (Jeph Loeb)
    Well that explains a lot....did Loeb do Heroes Reborn?

Course the 1st season should be fine....what happens next is the question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post

He did the comic Heroes Reborn lol. He was fired from Heroes during season 3, as he was generally considered to be the reason why the show dropped off in quality. Then Marvel immediately hired him to become head of their TV division because they're idiots (he also wrote terrible comics in the meantime).

BANNED

So then based on Loeb and the FoX-men, we should expect this show to go to **** in Season III good to know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Heroes and The Gifted have the same executive producer (Jeph Loeb)
    And as AoS... DD/JJ/LC/IF/The DEF/Punisher... LEGION... ... Inhumans... Cloak&Dagger... Runaways... New Warriors, AND, whatever else they're working on/is in the pipeline. A common thread running through a wide variety of fare, to be sure, both thematically & in genre/presentation.

I'm pretty confident this show will set itself apart rather dramatically, early on, once it premieres. If not before then, and/or... if it already hasn't, that is. From all the above, as well as Gotham & the CW's other DC series. Think less daughter=cheerleader, more sister/brother sibling unit, with the dichotomous powers to protect and/or destroy.

I mean, the more important question(s) should be, how was Matt Nix involved with Heroes? And what about Tim Kring, what part did/does he play, in creating The Gifted?

And just out of curiosity, regarding all the aforementioned comic-turned-TV-properties, how they'd do/are they doing... when it comes to buzz-worthy interest, comparatively?

Astonishing Member

I really hope Thunderbird doesn't die
    ..I'll cross my fingers, too.

Lol, hopefully they avoid that problem

BANNED

Loeb was not involved in any way at all with Heroes Reborn.
    And really, the Heroes weakest link seems to be Tim Kring, not Jeph Loeb.

Loeb has written a lot of truely horrible comic books, but he can executive-produce superhero tv series very well, it would seem.

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Legion, all things Marvel, really, both MCU and X-verse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    ... Loeb... he can executive-produce superhero tv series very well, it would seem.

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Legion, all things Marvel, really, both MCU and X-verse.
    Not to mention Smallville, and... LOST, which I absolutely LOVED, and is one of my all-time favorite shows!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    WOW! Might be just because it's new, but... I think I liked this more than I did the FULL trailer! Oh no, Thunderbird, your leg! And Blink, what happens to you, why are you collapsing in front of your portal?! Which female character is doing the voice-over? Those nasty, lil' insectoid-like, spider-bot Sentinels are INSANEly fast & seriously CREEPing me out the more & more I see of them - lol, they give me the WILLIES!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Who is the voice?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Polaris, I think. Based on what I saw of her actress in the Magicians it sounded like her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And as AoS... DD/JJ/LC/IF/The DEF/Punisher... LEGION... ... Inhumans... Cloak&Dagger... Runaways... New Warriors, AND, whatever else they're working on/is in the pipeline. A common thread running through a wide variety of fare, to be sure, both thematically & in genre/presentation.

I'm pretty confident this show will set itself apart rather dramatically, early on, once it premieres. If not before then, and/or... if it already hasn't, that is. From all the above, as well as Gotham & the CW's other DC series. Think less daughter=cheerleader, more sister/brother sibling unit, with the dichotomous powers to protect and/or destroy.

I mean, the more important question(s) should be, how was Matt Nix involved with Heroes? And what about Tim Kring, what part did/does he play, in creating The Gifted?

And just out of curiosity, regarding all the aforementioned comic-turned-TV-properties, how they'd do/are they doing... when it comes to buzz-worthy interest, comparatively?
    overcrowded and oversaturated the tv comic genre is. I dont think this show will set itself apart for two reasons

1. its on fox. nothing on fox is good. and the things that are good on fox all decline fast. eg, sleepy hallows, empire, glee.

2. the show is following the mcu formula....the whole its all connected bs. it did not work for agents of shield or agent carter.

Legion set itself apart. the shows has all the making of fox genericness. I would have had more hope if it was on hbo

From people who watch shows like Arrow, Flash, AoS, Supergirl, Gotham....

How often can we expect gueststars and cameos based on their frequency on those shows?
    I watch Gotham. Well pretty much every major classic Batman villain has appeared(Ras al Ghul should be coming soon). They kinda didn't want to go that way the first season but it became obvious they caved into the fans who weren't interested in watching a detective Gordon show. Heck Gordon is basically a Batman stand in(He even has a raspy voice.) Jerome was practically Joker in everything but name.
    The only villain they've held back is Two-Face and thats b/c they cant really do him until Bruce finally becomes Batman. Which will probably happen next season.
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 05-30-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    overcrowded and oversaturated the tv comic genre is. I dont think this show will set itself apart for two reasons

1. its on fox. nothing on fox is good. and the things that are good on fox all decline fast. eg, sleepy hallows, empire, glee.

2. the show is following the mcu formula....the whole its all connected bs. it did not work for agents of shield or agent carter.

Legion set itself apart. the shows has all the making of fox genericness. I would have had more hope if it was on hbo
    Im so confused.
    How many people are using this account ?.