Page 52 of 308 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Im so confused.
    How many people are using this account ?.
    Contrarians gotta contrary?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Hmm this does take a lot from the Cheerleader Plot in Heroes is seems....

Of course it has X-men in the title and the possibility for big name cameos in the Future....Polaris is the biggest name right now I suppose.
    and everything that is painfully going to go wrong with this show.

so we have polaris? are we going to see magneto, her father? or havok her boyfriend? and if we see havok are we going to see scott which will lead to jean then xavier then the x-men?

this is the biggest flaws of marvel and why all their tv shows always go down the hill. they need to stop pretending the movies and tv are connected because what is does is hurt the tv universe and the tv universe deserves better.

I dont know if anyone remembers Mutant X and one of the major problems with the shows. its was basically trying to be x-men without x-men.

this gifted show is doing the same, it is trying to be x-men and not featuring any real x-men characters apart from polaris and maybe blink. to an extent agent carter had the same issue, a captain america tv show without captain america himself but his girlfriend.

why cant marvel just learn from dc and keep the movie and tv world separate. keeping bout world separates helps the tv world tv reach its full potential.

lets also be clear, that, if in the future fox wanted a polaris in the film, they will get a another actress to play her and wont cast the actress from the show.

I know I have been very critical of Fox TV but what is making me turn completely off from the show is the false pretence that it is part of the already messed up movie universe and for that reason no major x-men character will appear.

pretty nice promo and tone. Glad Polaris has her own subplot.
    need more thunderbird in next promos, tho, specially in action

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    overcrowded and oversaturated the tv comic genre is. I dont think this show will set itself apart for two reasons

1. its on fox. nothing on fox is good. and the things that are good on fox all decline fast. eg, sleepy hallows, empire, glee.

2. the show is following the mcu formula....the whole its all connected bs. it did not work for agents of shield or agent carter.

the shows has all the making of fox genericness. I would have had more hope if it was on hbo
    I disagree with the comments above.

By the way the other marvel shows have set themselves apart and i think the gifted well do it too.
    The marvel shows have not gone downhill by the way.
    They have been really good.
    I am not going into details with you and it seems no matter what i will say it will not change your mind, but I disagree with your comments too from your latest post from the last page as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2017 at 11:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Im so confused.
    How many people are using this account ?.
    How many people are using that account, just in the post you quoted alone?

BANNED

Is it actually confirmed black on white anywhere at all that this Gifted show is set in the X-movie-verse?

My main complaint about comics-based TV shows is that they look cheap. Unless the network is willing to throw millions upon millions of dollars at each episode, I'm usually underwhelmed because I end up every episode with a formula of love triangle, angst of the week, bad guy rant, heroes come together, and a 3 minute fight sequence with barely passable CGI. And yeah, writing is the biggest part of making a show great... but the spectacle and awe that IMHO should be inherent in a superhero show are also vital.
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-30-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Edited above-

DCEU and the x-men movies have a formula too.
    The marvel formula by the way is making good movies and shows.

My main complaint about comics-based TV shows is that they look cheap. Unless the network is willing to throw millions upon millions of dollars at each episode, I'm usually underwhelmed because I end up every episode with a formula of love triangle, angst of the week, bad guy rant, heroes come together, and a 3 minute fight sequence with barely passable CGI. And yeah, writing is the biggest part of making a show great... but the spectacle and awe that IMHO should be inherent in a superhero show are also vital.
    I don't agree with comments above.
    The action and cgi for today comicbook shows for example is like watching a comicbook movie and don't look cheap to me at all.
    By the way some shows look cheaper then others but there are some that look more movie like then others,like aos for example.
    Watching that comicbook show is more clearly like watching a movie, more so then others.
    Agents carter too, but aos more so.
    Now past comicbook shows decades ago did look cheaper, but today or recent ones?
    No.
    Inhumans show will be like watching a movie and the upcoming dceu show krypton.
    In fact the first two episodes of inhumans will be in movies.
    The dceu show krypton will be the first dc show connected to the dceu movies.
    Read info on that.

I think some folks are spoiled today and folks of the past would love to have comicbook shows of today and comicbook movies of today.

Marvel Film & Netflix Crossover Update
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4IDmpuUG8

I posted this the x-men forum awhile ago.
    To tell you the truth, if the Characters from the mcu shows make appearances in the mcu movies that's fine,and if they don't? That's fine as well as far as i am concern.
    None of the original new characters that first appeared in star trek deep space nine made appearances in the movies for example and i was fine with it.
    Here some views about the mcu shows and movie crossovers.

by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).

by belltown213-0-557076
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.

by Neoxon
    For the record, most of the issues concerning the TV side of the MCU is mainly with the characters (be it Quake, Coulson, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher, & now Ghost Rider) crossing over into the movies (Ex: Infinity War), not if the TV/Netflix stuff is actually canon or not. Feige himself said that having the TV characters at some point is inevitable, & it's not like anything in the movies directly contradicts what's on the TV/Netflix shows (or vice versa). Both the TV/Netflix shows & the movies are still in Earth-19999, it's just that Perlmutter is supposedly holding back the characters from being able to cross over into the ensemble films. Hopefully they can work this out by the time the Inhumans movie drops (likely 2021, judging by Feige's recent comments at Comic Con), so they can at least make a slight nod to the Inhumans outside of Attilan.

by Josh Harper
    What does Ashley mean when she says "There's no connection between the movie and tv universes"? They are still in the same universe, and even if the references are small they would still make no sense at all if they weren't in the same universe, also Leob and Feige have both acknowledged the films, ABC shows and Netflix shows are all in the MCU (I'm certain of this because I was searching for quotes on the subject recently). Unless she means creatively they are seperate, then yeah, that's completely true.

byJosh Harper
    "If you ignore Agents of SHIELD" that's like saying if I ignore the fact that I have a heart then I'm actually dead. Ignoring something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're right that Agents of SHIELD has much bigger references to the MCU and is very clearly linked with the multiple cameos and guest appearances from movie characters (Lady Sif, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, even Coulson himself), but the Netflix shows do clearly have links, albeit much smaller ones, but we do literally see Stark tower in a picture, The Hulk in a picture, a Levitation in a picture, Hammer Tech weapons, name drops of Stark and Captain America, etc. Whilst they are small, yes, they are still showing us quite clearly that it's the same universe. Leob has confirmed it many times and Feige has said "We want to incorporate the show characters into the movies" meaning even he deems them canon to the MCU.

Cedric House
    you don't need to cross in order to know it's in the same world they freaking name drop Tony stark in luke cage

Bajan Samurai
    Yeah, it is clearly all in the same universe, it is just people get forgetful of crossover instances (Fury or Lady Sif showing up before) or over assume when news of behind the scenes division of control (cinema properties - TV properties) comes up. The issue is that some people assumed that connected meant all showing up occasionally and all referencing each other, which was never their intent.
    It is not easy to get as many movie stars to make a TV appearance (scheduling, location) and it is not easy to synchronize an event from a TV show [that could have been filmed last month or last week and shown today] with an event(s) following it in a film that had wrapped photography a year prior and still comes out after the TV event. It is harder to plan for a movie to reference a TV show's events that it doesn't even know will be happening when they are already filming.
    The one they (sort of) pulled off was inferring that Coulson was responsible for Nick Fury acquiring the helicarrier they used in Avengers: AoU, but even that probably required a lot of pre-planning since the AoS probably had not even fully fleshed out how their season was going to go.

by Zaxlon16722
    Darragh Tate Thank you! I swear, people keep saying it's not connected, it's driving me crazy! Freaking Sam Jackson and Lady Sif have appeared in multiple episodes! That alone is all the proof they need!
    Here is a more updated views about the mcu shows and mcu movies by the way.

Why Marvel Doesn't Want Netflix Superheroes in the MCU Yet
    http://movieweb.com/marvel-doesnt-wa...u-kevin-feige/
    and

Why Marvel TV Characters Are Unlikely to Appear in Marvel Films [TCA 2016]

Jeph Loeb, president of Marvel Television, was on a Netflix panel for Luke Cage before the Television Critics Association. Loeb is in charge of all live-action and animated Marvel shows, including the Netflix titles and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter. When asked if we could see any of the television characters, be it Luke Cage or Daredevil, in any of the Marvel movies, Loeb explained why it would be prohibitive to the television schedules.

“I can tell you that part of the challenge of doing this sort of thing is that the movies are planned out years in advance of what it is that we are doing,” Loeb said. “Television moves at an incredible speed. The other part of the problem is that when you stop and think about it, if I’m shooting a television series and that’s going to go on over a six-month or eight-month period, how am I going to get Mike [Colter] to be able to go be in a movie? I need Mike to be in a television show.”

Loeb did not completely rule out a crossover, and some of the film characters like Nick Fury, Siff and Maria Hill have appeared on television. “Anything is possible,” Loeb continued. “As I often get reported by you folks for saying #ItsAllConnected, our feeling is that the connection isn’t just whether or not somebody is walking into a movie or walking out of a television show. It’s connected in the way that the shows come from the same place, that they are real, that they are grounded.”

A crossover also has to mean something. If they only show up for a joke, it defeats the purpose of connecting the worlds. “We have seen some characters that have appeared and crossed over,” Loeb said. “Most notably, one of our cast members that isn’t here because she’s working is Rosario Dawson, who continues the character of Claire Temple. So the short answer is we are already doing it. The long answer is as things go by, as the story dictates it, we’ve always been big fans of providing Easter eggs for our fans, but we never want to be known as an Easter egg farm. It has to work within the story. We never want to do Luke Cage gets into a cab as Foggy Nelson and Matt Murdock are getting out of the cab. For those of you that are old enough to know this reference, it’s not when The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was on Please Don’t Eat the Daisies. You actually get to see our characters interact with each other.”
    http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-movie-tv-crossover/#
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Edited/added info above.
    and
    Loeb Reveals Why Marvel's TV Superheroes Haven't Appeared in the Movies
    The Marvel Television chief explains how the films and TV shows fit together, and why the Netflix characters haven't popped up more in the movies.
    http://www.cbr.com/loeb-reveals-why-...in-the-movies/

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...he-movies-2016

I have to go now.
    I will be checking out some wonder woman reviews from beyond the trailer,collidervideos and colliderheroes and other places.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Selina is actually fairly internally consistent guys...

She is criticizing certain Fox properties but still thinks that on the whole the MCU is far worse.

mace11 saying "The MCU formula is to make good movies and shows" is just as insane and biased as anything Selina has ever said if not even more so. If anything the fact Selina criticizes certain Fox properties makes her a lot more BALANCED than many of these MCU worshippers out there.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

She is criticizing certain Fox properties but still thinks that on the whole the MCU is far worse.

mace11 saying "The MCU formula is to make good movies and shows" is just as insane and biased as anything Selina has ever said if not even more so. If anything the fact Selina criticizes certain Fox properties makes her a lot more BALANCED than many of these MCU worshippers out there.
    mace11 kind of reminds me of Xelosilk, even the way he structures his comments are way too similar.
    and thank you AbnormallyNormal , some are too busy disliking me that they cant even listen to what I have been saying all along. I criticise fox when it is due and I dont kiss x-men movies ass since the series has made a lot of mistakes but I believe they can get better and I still think a non-disney studio are the best people to handle x-men and the facts of art dont lie.

The MCU formula is to make money and the only way for them to make money is to keep making generic movies for kids. I am against that way of making money in films.

from what I have seen with gifted, I am not happy. I would have preferred a real x-men tv show with the x-men people in it and no ties to the movies. what is ironic is that fox managed to do it with Gotham but could not do that with x-men and I have no doubt it was because marvel wanted Gifted to follow the mcu formula that spreads the big lie that everything is connected when it is not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Polaris, I think. Based on what I saw of her actress in the Magicians it sounded like her.
    AWESOME, I was hopin' it was her, soon as I heard it! Sounds perfect for Lorna, with that slight, smokey & weary raspiness, SO charming and... seXy, SEXY, SEXY!!!

Thank you, and YOU too Juan, as always!!

overcrowded and oversaturated the tv comic genre is. ...
    Competition is good, it breeds champions, in that only the strongest will survive. And I don't really see comics/superheroes as a genre unto themselves so much myself, but more of as a lens, to view already existing genres through. For instance, a critic recently described the new Wonder Woman movie as, "... an action film, a romantic comedy, and a coming-of-age story and a period piece and a war movie all in one. Above all, it’s a hopeful story about humanity." Sounds... emotionally... rewarding, and character driven, hmmm... hitting home in THAT way, could be key. ;D

... I dont think this show will set itself apart...

... I would have had more hope...
    I think in some ways, it already has. And try it, you might like it. I hope you do, I would welcome your passion & intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    pretty nice promo and tone. Glad Polaris has her own subplot.
    need more thunderbird
    in next promos, tho, specially in action
    PROPS, and absolutely AGREE... x3!!! So glad we're seein' the same things!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Is it actually confirmed black on white anywhere at all that this Gifted show is set in the X-movie-verse?
    Yes, Nix has stated so himself:

... Nix added that the X-Men films "don’t all line up perfectly. So it’s not like I’m slavishly fitting myself into a particular slot [but] if you like that world and the world of the movies, there are definite nods to it, it definitely exists in the same general universe." He wanted this connection to be more general than that between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, saying "I think [that] is cool but [S.H.I.E.L.D.] already did that."

Nix noted that the premise of the series is something that "established mutants are going to have something to say about", but "it’s sort of designed to side-step questions like ‘Where is Wolverine?’ ... I didn’t want to do anything like ‘Wolverine is just offscreen!’ You know what I mean. So it exists in a world where those questions are answered without needing to name a lot of names or spend time dwelling on that issue." Also, "there are a certain amount of those [existing] characters I can use, and I’m using some of those, but others I’m inventing." He soon elaborated that the series "contains some characters that fans will be excited about. I can't talk about specifics, but it's not like there are no X-Men in it."...

Also, CBR.com, The Gifted: Learn the Von Strucker Family’s Marvel Comics Origins...

As comic book fans around the globe tuned in to check out the first trailer for The Gifted, Fox’s upcoming TV series spinning out of the X-Men, they saw that the show starred a family. More specifically, the series will follow the story of twin mutants (Lauren and Andy Strucker) and what their father will do to protect them. Those names are new, but it appears clear that they are at least loosely based on a rather surprising pair of twins from the Marvel Universe, namely Andrea and Andreas von Strucker, better known as Fenris!...

... fired concussive blasts while Andreas fires disintegration beams

And remember when LSD a short while back, in one of her recent 'The Gifted' Tweets, accidentally (or not) did a... #James Marsden?! Anybody else entertain the idea, that it may not have been in regards to THE Cyclops, but in fact... A Cyclops?!

Spectacular Member

I'm sorry but I don't take that as confirmation this show exists in the movie universe. She's basically saying you can believe what you want to believe.

I don't get why it's so important for this show to somehow fit in the movie verse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Yeah I have to agree, I don't agree with Selina most of the time but she is consistent in her opinion and I can respect that at least.