Page 54 of 308 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Gifted interview about timelines.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/...erse-timeline/

Also word is they might be relocating to Atlanta GA.
    I am reading that as "Okay, so we are not actually oart of the timeline, or part of this universe even, that's not even remotely what we wanted to do with this show, but the boss says we are, so I suppose we have to pretend we are part of it".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    please let's learn from history. every time x-men has tried to copy some mcu model aka apocalypse it usually bows up in their faces.
    Wait, what?
    Yeah, sure, Apocalypse blew up in their faces, but how does that film follow tha the MCU model even remotely?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Apocalypse was based on of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse storyline from X-Factor. It had nothing to do with the MCU.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-08-2017 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Wait, what?
    Yeah, sure, Apocalypse blew up in their faces, but how does that film follow tha the MCU model even remotely?
    To figure that one out you have to first go find your tin foil hat to stop our Disney overlords from scanning your brain then turn your TV to white noise and wait for the secret signal.

I remember there being concept art for Apocalypse, Emma Frost, Archangel, and Juggernaut long before the MCU was a thing. With that said looking forward to this wish it was FX over Fox but still have high hopes it look pretty good and I like a few of the actors.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-08-2017 at 04:10 AM.

BANNED

well if I had to guess I assume Selina want the focus squarely on the world that hates and fears us so sentinels, corrupt corporations, shady government and religious extremist

The Gifted will have zero impact when is the last time you saw any of those characters...of course what is weird to me is no Bishop...I mean eclipse is basically sunspot.....they got Blink and Warpath...so they took out Bishop and put in Polaris....actually no why am I asking that question. Its Singer.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    well if I had to guess I assume Selina want the focus squarely on the world that hates and fears us so sentinels, corrupt corporations, shady government and religious extremist

The Gifted will have zero impact when is the last time you saw any of those characters...of course what is weird to me is no Bishop...I mean eclipse is basically sunspot.....they got Blink and Warpath...so they took out Bishop and put in Polaris....actually no why am I asking that question. Its Singer.
    Its Thunderbird, not Warpath. Whom is likely going to die in the first season.

The X-Men film timeline goes like this I believe

Original Timeline:

Apocalypse in Ancient Egypt.
    X-Men First Class
    X-Men Wolverine Origins
    X-Men
    X2
    Last Stand
    The Wolverine
    Days of Future Past dystopia Future.

New Timeline:
    X-Men First Class
    X-Men Wolverine Origins up to 1973.
    Days of Future Past.
    X-Men Apocalypse
    Dark Phoenix.
    New Mutants (Just putting it here no Clue when it happens in the Timeline.).
    Some events from X-Men and X2 seemed to happen like Liberty Island.
    2004 last natural born mutant Logan said in Logan no new mutant was born in 25 years and not created by Rice.
    I'm assuming Deadpool
    2023 Logan tells Xavier they changed history and sees how the world has changed and last generation of natural born mutants have come to age my guess it was after this the X-Men figure out something is wrong.
    2028 Xavier due to illness causes the Westchester incident which killed a lot of people including X-Men no details on who though.
    2029 Logan.

Now I don't see how Gifted could fit into the New Timeline given that no new mutants have been born since 2004 and given the age of the kids it would have to be no later than 2019 or 2020 given the age of the kids and if they were born at the very end of mutant births in 2004 and we know the X-Men and the Xavier School was active at this point and the X-Men were pop culture icons hence their comics so it'd make no sense for mutants not knowing the status of the X-Men and Brotherhood then. So it would probably the old timeline if any of them taking place post Last Stand/The Wolverine but obviously before Days of Future Past 2023. Or Legion and Gifted take place in totally different timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Original Timeline:

X-Men First Class
    X-Men Wolverine Origins
    X-Men
    X2
    Last Stand
    The Wolverine

New Timeline:
    X-Men First Class
    Days of Future Past.
    X-Men Apocalypse
    Dark Phoenix.
    2004 last natural born mutant Logan said in Logan no new mutant was born in 25 years and not created by Rice.
    I'm assuming Deadpool
    2023 Logan tells Xavier they changed history and sees how the world has changed and last generation of natural born mutants have come to age my guess it was after this the X-Men figure out something is wrong.
    2028 Xavier due to illness causes the Westchester incident which killed a lot of people including X-Men no details on who though.
    2029 Logan.

Now I don't see how Gifted could fit into the New Timeline given that no new mutants have been born since 2004 and given the age of the kids it would have to be no later than 2019 or 2020 given the age of the kids and if they were born at the very end of mutant births in 2004 and we know the X-Men and the Xavier School was active at this point and the X-Men were pop culture icons hence their comics so it'd make no sense for mutants not knowing the status of the X-Men and Brotherhood then. So it would probably the old timeline if any of them taking place post Last Stand/The Wolverine but obviously before Days of Future Past 2023. Or Legion and Gifted take place in totally different timelines.
    Well done. Also I will add the sword in Logan's bedroom in Logan and how Yukio's prediction comes true suggests The Wolverine happened in one form or another. Where do you think Legion falls? Granted that's a hard call given that he's a reality bender.

P.S. if you haven't seen it, drop everything now and binge it. It's amazing.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 06-08-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Original Timeline:

X-Men First Class
    X-Men Wolverine Origins
    X-Men
    X2
    Last Stand
    The Wolverine

New Timeline:
    X-Men First Class
    Days of Future Past.
    X-Men Apocalypse
    Dark Phoenix.
    I'm assuming Deadpool
    2028 Xavier due to illness causes the Westchester incident which injured over 600 people and killed 7 mutants including X-Men no details on who though.
    2029 Logan.

Fixed, but other than that the rest looks solid.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Well done. Also I will add the sword in Logan's bedroom in Logan and how Yukio's prediction comes true suggests The Wolverine happened in one form or another. Where do you think Legion falls? Granted that's a hard call given that he's a reality bender.

P.S. if you haven't seen it, drop everything now and binge it. It's amazing.
    You're right I forgot about mentioning The Wolverine still happening in some form in the new timeline. Loved Legion and Legion's a tough one because when I watched the art style reminded me of something like 2001 a Space Odyssey and Clockwork Orange it had a very Kubrik style of the future in it's look and fashions to me which gave it a timeless look and hard to place. It like how Gotham doesn't really uses smart phones yet has relatively modern cell phones, has cars from the 80's, and fashions which look almost 40's at times it feels art deco at times like Batman the Animated Series and thus timeless. So Legion is really tough to pinpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Fixed, but other than that the rest looks solid.
    That and I forgot some events of the Wolverine did seem to happen in the New Timeline.

Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Moyer
    In terms of timeline, because obviously we just had Logan which was a lot further forward and obviously Legion which is a lot further back. So we definitely slot into a timeline, but as of yet, we’re not allied. I think they have given themselves a lot of leeway in order to be able to go places, but we’ve enough story within our universe to propel us forward without having to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Moyer
    Within the X-Men Films, we’re sort of not allied to them or positioned within that. There are obviously mutant characters that have a place in the comic books. Some of them are different, some of them are sort of related in some way.
    Guys, the timelines, continuity, whatever doesn't make any sense. The people working on these movies and shows have basically admitted it. Nothing happens in the movies is ever going to get referenced in the show. Nothing happened in the show is ever going to get referenced in the movies.

Question

If this show hypothetically is the old timeline and since Stephen Moyer is married to Anna Paquin how would you feel if they brought Rogue on for an episode or an arc to cement this is the former timeline and actually went full DOFP there go from a show about them on the run to full Sentinels taking over a BSG type show and ended the show with some big battle that ends with them living normal lives because the X-Men changed the timeline? I think that could be interesting.

Question

If this show hypothetically is the old timeline and since Stephen Moyer is married to Anna Paquin how would you feel if they brought Rogue on for an episode or an arc to cement this is the former timeline and actually went full DOFP there go from a show about them on the run to full Sentinels taking over a BSG type show and ended the show with some big battle that ends with them living normal lives because the X-Men changed the timeline? I think that could be interesting.
    1. I would love that Rogue showed up.
    2. It's not gonna happen.