Page 55 of 308 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You're right I forgot about mentioning The Wolverine still happening in some form in the new timeline. Loved Legion and Legion's a tough one because when I watched the art style reminded me of something like 2001 a Space Odyssey and Clockwork Orange it had a very Kubrik style of the future in it's look and fashions to me which gave it a timeless look and hard to place. It like how Gotham doesn't really uses smart phones yet has relatively modern cell phones, has cars from the 80's, and fashions which look almost 40's at times it feels art deco at times like Batman the Animated Series and thus timeless. So Legion is really tough to pinpoint.
    I hear you there. But I have also considered maybe David having grown up in the sixties is projecting that window dressing, so to speak, to dress up a more modern reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ahem...

Guys, the timelines, continuity, whatever doesn't make any sense. The people working on these movies and shows have basically admitted it. Nothing happens in the movies is ever going to get referenced in the show. Nothing happened in the show is ever going to get referenced in the movies.
    I don't buy that last part because Legion already referenced Xavier's X wheeled wheel chair in the first season of Legion when it's revealed he's adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I don't buy that last part because Legion already referenced Xavier's X wheeled wheel chair in the first season of Legion when it's revealed he's adopted.
    There will be many more references in this series I suspect, but time line wise they aren't going to tell us hey this is 10 years before or after blank X film.

And Supergirl freaking showed Superman. Is it part of DCEU?

David is the son of Xavier. There was going to be Xavier references sooner or later. That in no way means it's taking place in the same universe.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Didn't the actress who plays Blink hint that this show was prequel to DOFP?

I hear you there. But I have also considered maybe David having grown up in the sixties is projecting that window dressing, so to speak, to dress up a more modern reality.
    That's one of the things that makes Legion one of the best television shows on the fact we have a completely untrustworthy narrative makes it fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Didn't the actress who plays Blink hint that this show was prequel to DOFP?
    She said this.

What is loosely based on? What the hell is a sort of prequel? Either it is a prequel, or it isn't.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-08-2017 at 06:20 AM.

And Supergirl freaking showed Superman. Is it part of DCEU?

David is the son of Xavier. There was going to be Xavier references sooner or later. That in no way means it's taking place in the same universe.
    It's referencing the movie by making it look like the movie chair. You had just finished saying the movies wouldn't reference the shows and the shows won't reference the movies. Sorry that what you really ment was they weren't going to crossover but that's different. And as far as are they the same universe, they have done more to suggest they are than they have to suggest they aren't.

She said this.

What is loosely based on? What the hell is a sort of prequel? Either it is a prequel, or it isn't.
    Or the show will answer that not an actresses interview statement. Is it really this upsetting to find out they are trying to have some semblance of a shared universe between the movies and the tv shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That's one of the things that makes Legion one of the best television shows on the fact we have a completely untrustworthy narrative makes it fascinating.
    I agree heck are any of the other mutants actually real or just split personalities?

It's referencing the movie by making it look like the movie chair. You had just finished saying the movies wouldn't reference the shows and the shows won't reference the movies. Sorry that what you really ment was they weren't going to crossover but that's different. And as far as are they the same universe, they have done more to suggest they are than they have to suggest they aren't.
    I'm not talking about crossovers. It's not gonna happen. I don't expect or need it.

But a wheelchair isn't enough, especially for a franchise that is known for it's messed up continuity. I only take it as an easter egg. Unless the shows actually reference some plot point from the movies say like the phoenix incident, I'm not gonna believe that they are in the same universe.

What more is there to suggest that they are in the same universe, by the way?

I'm not talking about crossovers. It's not gonna happen. I don't expect or need it.

But a wheelchair isn't enough, especially for a franchise that is known for it's messed up continuity. I only take it as an easter egg. Unless the shows actually reference some plot point from the movies say like the phoenix incident, I'm not gonna believe that they are in the same universe.

What more is there to suggest that they are in the same universe, by the way?
    What is there to suggest their is not. And my point is one is more than none. Oh and there is that actress saying there is a connection between the movies and the other show.

Or the show will answer that not an actresses interview statement. Is it really this upsetting to find out they are trying to have some semblance of a shared universe between the movies and the tv shows?
    You really believe that the show is going to answer that? These are the guys that solve plot threads from previous movies off screen and give vague as hell explanations in interviews.

When the shared universe makes no sense, even the creators don't want to go in that aspect, and is ultimately pointless, then yeah, it is kind of upsetting.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-08-2017 at 07:13 AM.

You really believe that the show is going to answer that? These are the guys that solve plot threads from previous movies off screen and give vague as hell explanations in interviews.

When the shared universe makes no sense, even the creators don't want to go in that aspect, and is ultimately pointless, then yeah, it is kind of upsetting.
    Yes I do since they are partially claiming they will. What exactly did the explain off screen? Also I always find it rather odd that comic fan demand seemless continuity when the source material can't even do that.

Yes I do since they are partially claiming they will. What exactly did the explain off screen? Also I always find it rather odd that comic fan demand seemless continuity when the source material can't even do that.
    How did Logan got his adamantium claws back after The Wolverine? Happened off screen. How did Stryker captured Logan after DoFP from Mystique? Happened off screen. How is Xavier still alive? Vague as hell post credit scene from a movie released seven years ago(who the hell waited for post credit scenes in 2007?) and a freaking DVD commentary. And it's not like they mention any of these things in the respective movie. They expect audience to just go with it.

Seemless continuity? No one demands that. That's just unrealistic and unnecessary. But the continuity errors should be minor. The problem is that most of the errors in the movies were avoidable if they weren't so lazy, and now it's beyond repairable. Every movie released since Origins has contradicted one thing or other. Comics have excuse that they have been around for more than 50 years and literally hundreds and hundreds of issues exists.