Page 8 of 308 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    With legion now, plus news about this show, and several x-films upcoming and the new optimistic x-books, it's a bright time to be an x-fan. It was so differnt just a year or so ago.

Hopefully everything delivers.
    Totally agree!

After the way Apocalypse ended up at the box office, to include being pull three weeks early compared to average movie runs, it was offsetting where the franchise was heading. Especially with one super-win (Deadpool) and then...BOOM! A box office low-mild money-grab.

Now with Logan, Legion and more coming, it very much feels like great times again. Though with Singer directing after the last experience (sorry, but in a fast-moving society, you're only as good as the last film), I hope he can be more DoFP than what we experienced. He has it in him to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Totally agree!

After the way Apocalypse ended up at the box office, to include being pull three weeks early compared to average movie runs, it was offsetting where the franchise was heading. Especially with one super-win (Deadpool) and then...BOOM! A box office low-mild money-grab.

Now with Logan, Legion and more coming, it very much feels like great times again. Though with Singer directing after the last experience (sorry, but in a fast-moving society, you're only as good as the last film), I hope he can be more DoFP than what we experienced. He has it in him to deliver.
    I believe singer is only tapped to direct the pilot, nothing after that, if that makes you feel any better. Unless things have changed.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Mighty Member

i have absolutely zero confident in Singer. This guy does not know how to capture the essence of the X-men.
    I'm not coming from an emotional subjective view point longing for spandex and bright colors.
    I'm talkin about the team aspect. Well fleshed out individual characters and ppl committed to Xavier's dream.
    He can write and direct with the best of them but he's not interested in the Xmen. He has his own story to tell and he uses the Xmen as platform for that.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    i have absolutely zero confident in Singer. This guy does not know how to capture the essence of the X-men.
    I'm not coming from an emotional subjective view point longing for spandex and bright colors.
    I'm talkin about the team aspect. Well fleshed out individual characters and ppl committed to Xavier's dream.
    He can write and direct with the best of them but he's not interested in the Xmen. He has his own story to tell and he uses the Xmen as platform for that.
    You summed up my problems with singerverse in two sentences. These movies aren't X-Men movies. They are movies that just happens to have some x-characters in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I believe singer is only tapped to direct the pilot, nothing after that, if that makes you feel any better. Unless things have changed.
    You are right, as afterwards he has '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' to work on. Haven't heard anything about that movie lately.

BANNED

Natalie Alyn Lind will play Vampire Bill's daughter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...avorite-981995

She was Silver St. Cloud in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Natalie Alyn Lind will play Vampire Bill's daughter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...avorite-981995

She was Silver St. Cloud in Gotham.
    Okay. I'm in more than ever now.

Fox's X-MEN Casts POLARIS & Two More, Including AMY ACKER

Emma Dumont will reportedly play Lorna Dane (a.k.a. Polaris). "A strong-willed, brave and loyal mutant who has the ability to manipulate magnetism."

In comic books, Polaris is the daughter of Magneto - who in X-Men movies (which are said to be in continuity with this show) is played by Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender.

http://www.newsarama.com/33416-repor...amy-acker.html
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-02-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

OMG

OMG

OMG

I never thought I'd see Polaris brought to life! SO excited!

BANNED

Polaris!!!

Hopefully this gives her the boost to join an X team!

Blink and Polaris?

Honestly, what is this show

what is it

The actress for Polaris responds.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmmaDumon...11869769920512
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-02-2017 at 03:14 PM.

This is excellent news! Super excited!

Ultimate Member

Or they could be using characters that they can pretty much do whatever they want with and not worry about the reaction from fans and such, Lorna could be included as a way to have a Magneto like character without having to actually use him, not saying that I don't like that Lorna will be showing up but just don't want the show to be bad and for that then to harm Lorna's chances for more...also guessing that this show will be in its own continuity...

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

This is getting interesting!! I love the characters they're picking, and Amy frikkin Acker is bae. I wasn't super interested when this was announced, but count me 100% in now!
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight