Page 85 of 308 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4616

I am THRILLED to hear it was inspired by the "District X" comic books. A very underrated run.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-comic-t...ted-tv-series/

great to read official word on Elena Satine, being a morlock, and sounds like a regular on the show.

Tho I can already guess some comments: "here comes another white mutant" Its true, tho. But hopefully future episodes will introduce a few more minories, and one of them being a regular.

The Gifted was just trending on twitter a few minutes ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LotzWhite...09853525110785
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-08-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    I am THRILLED to hear it was inspired by the "District X" comic books. A very underrated run.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-comic-t...ted-tv-series/
    Are you really?
    I came in to see if I could get excited about this show
    Being inspired by District X just annoys the hell outta me
    Using the blonde nazi family instead of the Ortega's
    *eyeroll*
    instead of a black mutant protecting both sides the have
    a liiiiiiight black dude hunting down the persecuted mutants
    who just so happen to be the spitting image of "All-American"
    I guess making it sadder?

I bet the only black/most minorities we see are gonna be Morlocks
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Are you really?
    I came in to see if I could get excited about this show
    Being inspired by District X just annoys the hell outta me
    Using the blonde nazi family instead of the Ortega's
    *eyeroll*
    instead of a black mutant protecting both sides the have
    a liiiiiiight black dude hunting down the persecuted mutants
    who just so happen to be the spitting image of "All-American"
    I guess making it sadder?

I bet the only black/most minorities we see are gonna be Morlocks
    I hope you're wrong. As usual lol. But I take your point....
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I hope you're wrong. As usual lol. But I take your point....
    It;s Sad, I effin hate it. Going by just the movies/tv i doubt I woulda got into Xmen if i was kid
    I feel like every thread I go in turns into a race thread, which makes peeps uncomfortable
    Im wondering why any nonwhite (esp black)person would be an Xmen fan.
    and I feel like even more pissed/this is unacceptable
    cause of how trajectory changing my discovery of the X-World was.

ugh and even if they "started working on it. (whatever that could be ) it seems super late.
    its 2017 and crap like "The Gifted" is the face the X-World is presenting to TV audience
    The Gen-X pilot was more diverse than this.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    It;s Sad, I effin hate it. Going by just the movies/tv i doubt I woulda got into Xmen if i was kid
    I feel like every thread I go in turns into a race thread, which makes peeps uncomfortable
    Im wondering why any nonwhite (esp black)person would be an Xmen fan.
    and I feel like even more pissed/this is unacceptable
    cause of how trajectory changing my discovery of the X-World was.

ugh and even if they "started working on it. (whatever that could be ) it seems super late.
    its 2017 and crap like "The Gifted" is the face the X-World is presenting to TV audience
    The Gen-X pilot was more diverse than this.
    Yeah it's definitely a bit of an issue that they have a "classic" pure white suburban family as their main cast. I still hope they can work in more characters of color and not in villainous or throwaway roles. At least Blink and Thunderbird are there.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Edit: negative shitposting, please ignore

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 08-08-2017 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

Wow! I didn't think I could get any more hyped for this show, but that panel today did X-actly that. SO much goodness, IDK where to even begin - I can't take it, LOL! Some of the highlights that stood out to me most:

• Just what is this HUGE plot twist in the pilot, all the people who've seen it keep talking about?! That's #1, 'cause it's pretty much driving me crazy; drawin' a total blank, for some reason.
    • That both Polaris & Blink will be major characters.
    • The approach they're taking with Mutant powers, how they evolve & are emotionally connected... "cool stuff that's rougher; messy (as they're explored)."
    • The different sides of being a Mutant, from embracing it, to truly struggling with it & having difficulty coping.
    • Len Wiseman directing what will likely be a very dark & action-packed 2nd episode, by the sounds of it.
    • An eppy dealing with Blink's portals going wrong, which could be taken in a lot of directions, tonally.
    • The introduction of Dreamer, her romantic past with T-bird, and that segueing into a love triangle with who I assume... will be Blink. Interestingly enough, Dreamer actress Elena Satine:

... has previously appeared on AoS as Asgardian Lorelei (Enchantress' sister), AND on Smallville as Mera (Queen of Atlantis & Aquaman's other half). So I'd say she's familiar with the territory. ;D

Just what is this HUGE plot twist in the pilot, all the people who've seen it keep talking about?! That's #1, 'cause it's pretty much driving me crazy; drawin' a total blank, for some reason.
    I think I figured that one out, but I can't be sure before seeing the pilot or reading a synopsis of the ep. If you want my best guess we have already seen the scene and people just don't recognize it because it's not in any kind of sequential order in the clips. Want more about my thoughts on it PM me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I think I figured that one out, but I can't be sure before seeing the pilot or reading a synopsis of the ep. If you want my best guess we have already seen the scene and people just don't recognize it because it's not in any kind of sequential order in the clips. Want more about my thoughts on it PM me.
    It wouldn't have anything to do with this scene, would it?

Something else just came to me, and I can't believe the possibility never dawned on me before... I'm just not sure they'd go there, but it would sure end a lot of the gripes 'bout... hmmm - BALLSY! Thinkin'... shell game, and that maybe we're ALL... being played.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It wouldn't have anything to do with this scene, would it?

Something else just came to me, and I can't believe the possibility never dawned on me before... I'm just not sure they'd go there, but it would sure end a lot of the gripes 'bout... hmmm - BALLSY! Thinkin'... shell game, and that maybe we're ALL... being played.
    For number one no, for number two closer to my suspicion, but I was closer to imagining Strucker Sr. quick flip might not be quite so genuine as he can still offer the Sentinel Services something to keep his kids safe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    For number one no, for number two closer to my suspicion, but I was closer to imagining Strucker Sr. quick flip might not be quite so genuine as he can still offer the Sentinel Services something to keep his kids safe.
    I was goin' a lil' further, at first.. in that it's not just him, and that it's ALL an elaborate set-up, total Trojan Horse style. Perhaps the Struckers will be MUCH closer to their villainous, comic book counterparts, than first thought - wouldn't THAT, be a kicker?!