Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    By the way, Snyder clarified on Twitter he is on the book till at least 25, so we still have at least a year of stories.
    Meh, as long as he doesn't change his mind and keep writing Batman past that point, I can live with that.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    He stated that he have to major arcs and smaller stories in between.
    Huh. This whole thing seems very Snyder - lots of information about an "evolving" story. Which expands to mammoth proportions.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Huh. This whole thing seems very Snyder - lots of information about an "evolving" story. Which expands to mammoth proportions.
    If there's 1 thing Snyder loves, it's making an impact. Boy does he love to make a lasting impact. It's a good thing he loves and respects the characters and mythos of the DCU so his work never causes harm or anything.

It just wouldn't be Snyder if he didn't draw out an epic storyline for over 10 or so issues, though it sounds like we'll at least get a breather or smaller-scale stories in-between, which should be nice .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It just wouldn't be Snyder if he didn't draw out an epic storyline for over 10 or so issues, though it sounds like we'll at least get a breather or smaller-scale stories in-between, which should be nice .
    I just don't trust Snyder on the smaller-scale story promises. He's done solid work keeping his stories shorter with ASB so far, but he kept promising shorter, lighter stories with Superheavy, and instead we got an overblown, poorly paced epic. Which I still like, but it's incredibly flawed for very Snyder reasons that I see happening again.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I really like how Snyder tried for and achieved a one-shot/arc combo with "Ends of the Earth." Four villain focused one shots that all could be read kinda separately but also have a running story. I think that Ra's story will the best Ra's story in recent times for a good while to come (unless King tries his hand at Ra's).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-12-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I just read another Snyder interview and he briefly mentioned how he kinda references KGBeast some since the first arc since he has plans to use him again, and it caused me to remember that Snyder also said he has plans for a second wave of the Court of Owls (which I wonder now if Metal won't involve them, but maybe it will).

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if Snyder is kinda sending out mixed signals on if and how long he's really leaving Batman comics. He seems to really have much more planned despite this ending stuff of Metal and the Sean Murphy arc. I'm kinda confused to say the least. "For a while" is starting sound less and less. I wish he'd explain further. I want more Snyder Batman. We headed towards a pausing break or a longer term moving on from Batman comics?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-12-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I just read another Snyder interview and he briefly mentioned how he kinda references KGBeast some since the first arc since he has plans to use him again, and it caused me to remember that Snyder also said he has plans for a second wave of the Court of Owls (which I wonder now if Metal won't involve them, but maybe it will).

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if Snyder is kinda sending out mixed signals on if and how long he's really leaving Batman comics. He seems to really have much more planned despite this ending stuff of Metal and the Sean Murphy arc. I'm kinda confused to say the least. "For a while" is starting sound less and less. I wish he'd explain further. I want more Snyder Batman. We headed towards a pausing break or a longer term moving on from Batman comics?
    I want less Snyder Batman, but I concur that the information we're getting is incredibly confusing.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

The latest issue of All Star was really enjoyable and I'm very curious about Metal.

I agree with those of you who've said they'd want Snyder on the Justice League title because... man, I'm getting a little tired of Hitch myself. That last issue was a disaster.

Yes! Finally, my nightmare is truly over.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan#1 View Post
    I agree with those of you who've said they'd want Snyder on the Justice League title because... man, I'm getting a little tired of Hitch myself. That last issue was a disaster.
    Yes move him to Justice League, he can take Tynion with him. I'm happy as long as both of them move away from Batman. Snyder is actually a good writer so I'm sure he can save the book, the last issue was really a disaster. It's sad how one of the most important books of DC has such a weak creative team, I mean come on it's the Justice League.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Yes move him to Justice League, he can take Tynion with him. I'm happy as long as both of them move away from Batman. Snyder is actually a good writer so I'm sure he can save the book, the last issue was really a disaster. It's sad how one of the most important books of DC has such a weak creative team, I mean come on it's the Justice League.
    I agree.

It just seems like Hitch is trying too hard to out-do himself with the time travel stuff.