Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manga Talk

Assassination Classroom is awesome.

Loved seeing Itona bond with the other kids.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I've read FMA, Akira, and Monster.

Could probably use some recommendations, I've gotten a bit bored with US comics.
    You absolutely have to try Real by Takehiko Inoue. The art is beautiful and the story telling takes you on a ride(kinda like Akira). Also, D. Grayman is a funny/action packed read like FMA. The first few chapters are kind of slow, but the series really gets into its groove later.

Right now I'm reading Not Simple, which is a Viz Signature book. It's stabbing me in the feels.

I'm picking up the Trigun and Lone Wolf and Cub omnibuses Dark Horse has been putting out. I'm hoping they will start releasing Oh My Goddess omnibuses. Ranma is next.

I reread Tsubasa recently, to see if it makes any more sense the second time around. (It made marginally more sense.)
    Last edited by Fatty Meats Five; 05-06-2014 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    You absolutely have to try Real by Takehiko Inoue. The art is beautiful and the story telling takes you on a ride(kinda like Akira). Also, D. Grayman is a funny/action packed read like FMA. The first few chapters are kind of slow, but the series really gets into its groove later.
    I love D.Gray-man. Both the anime and manga were fun for me personally. It's too bad about the on and off again hiatus of the mangaka. The rumors are that she's had health issues, but I'm not sure how much of that is true without hearing it from the source directly.
    Last edited by danmar85; 05-06-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Currently reading Naruto and Billy Bat. The first doesn't need any presentation; the second is the best manga you're not reading (mainly because it's not being published in many countries, I think).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Currently reading Naruto.
    New Naruto Chapter out, got to understand the whole reason behind Rin's death and Madara's manipulation. I kind of like it, a little luck but a lot of evil genius. Madara is basically a Sith lord. Kakashi questions Sasuke about his new dream, so new questions arise and it looks like Team 7 is truly back together for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    New Naruto Chapter out, got to understand the whole reason behind Rin's death and Madara's manipulation. I kind of like it, a little luck but a lot of evil genius. Madara is basically a Sith lord. Kakashi questions Sasuke about his new dream, so new questions arise and it looks like Team 7 is truly back together for this fight.
    Omg! *covers eyes* At least use a spoiler tag please.....

snip.
    Like Danmar85 said, here we should probably use spoiler tags. Unlike the previous Naruto thread where we could talk weekly about it, not everyone keeps up with the weekly releases here.

That said yeah, I liked that little revelation. It always was way too convenient so you just knew Madara was behind it.

I also liked Kakashi's team 7 flashback.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Like Danmar85 said, here we should probably use spoiler tags. Unlike the previous Naruto thread where we could talk weekly about it, not everyone keeps up with the weekly releases here.

That said yeah, I liked that little revelation. It always was way too convenient so you just knew Madara was behind it.

I also liked Kakashi's team 7 flashback.
    Kinda bummed out the regular commentators aren't here, hopefully they come back :/

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Currently reading Naruto and Billy Bat. The first doesn't need any presentation; the second is the best manga you're not reading (mainly because it's not being published in many countries, I think).
    Billy Bat is now the best thing I've googled today. Thanks, I think I'm going to really enjoy it.

Princess Awesome bipolar danger girl's Avatar

Sorry.. I fell in... and couldn't get out!
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Kinda bummed out the regular commentators aren't here, hopefully they come back :/
    I know the feeling. Really, how many guys are we missing from the old board in this thread?

I even wish Dog was here. I almost miss arguing with the guy about Naruto.

Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Aero View Post
    Billy Bat is now the best thing I've googled today. Thanks, I think I'm going to really enjoy it.
    You should check out Urasawa's other works if you haven't already.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I know the feeling. Really, how many guys are we missing from the old board in this thread?

I even wish Dog was here. I almost miss arguing with the guy about Naruto.

Almost.
    I saw him in the new forums. Give it a minute?
    BB

Remember that group of posters arguing against madaras role in the masked mans actions? I do! Win for me.

Can't stop, won't stop ...sad that my old posts are gone. university email just dumped all my old stuff as well, really grinds my gears.