Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I didn't like this issue as much as everyone else seems to. I like Rafael's art, but the stories in this book have been so much less interesting than those in Batman and 'Tec.
    Hehe. I am with you, friend. Though I have to admit, I am looking forward, kinda, to both this story and the Murphy future story. I just hope that it's more carefully thought through than this issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

I liked this issue story is looking pretty interesting so far. Bruce was Yelling at alfred pretty harshly really didn't want hush getting away

I can't wait to find out more about this new Nemesis
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    American Vampire is really strong, though at this point I've stopped reading because it's going on for a very long time without any resolution.

(Tec Batman is great!)
    I myself like, and am more apt to jump on shorter or more finite books. I get a recommendation or hear an interesting premise but Google it and there is 10 trades, I usually end up just saying eff it
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    I liked this issue. I like Alfred calling Bruce his son (in narration or not). And I really like Albuquerque's art...I gotta check out American Vampire at some point.

Continuity and side characters aside, I love Bruce under Snyder. He gets his voice imo.

And it's cool to see BATMAN do cool stuff after getting crapped on over in Tec this arc
    Agreed!

And as much as I love 'Batman' and think 'Tec' is good, 'All Star Batman', for me, is head and shoulders above those other two books. No difference here, either. This issue was fantastic.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    I myself like, and am more apt to jump on shorter or more finite books. I get a recommendation or hear an interesting premise but Google it and there is 10 trades, I usually end up just saying eff it
    American Vampire is a great book. If you're digging this team, it's well worth it. Also, I wouldn't wanna tell you what to do, but you're gonna miss a lot of great series if you're not willing to give multi volume runs a shot. It can be intimating, yes, but just go at your own pace and you'll be fine!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really, really loathe the way Snyder's been pushing Alfred explicitly calling Bruce his son. I firmly believe that it is a father/son relationship, but I do not believe that Alfred would ever make it explicit. It feel lazy, using quick narration and dialogue to get an emotional reaction, instead of showing the relationship the way it has in the past, so that the readers understand without having to be hit over the head with "My son, Batman, is so precious to me, I worry about my son."
    Couldn't shut this post out of my head reading this issue. Spot on.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

This was fantastic. As was the backup.

Albuquerque art is good, but it just looks too primitive, unfinished for me to say

And this time the Bellaire colors really murked up the art. Can't be 10/10 all the time I guess.

Princess Vik reminds me of Kravens daughter. Hopefully we get to see Bruce in the Siberian wilderness, I love snow settings

So, Hush still does his Bruce Wayne face-swap thing, resides in Arkham when he's caught, but still doesn't give up Batman and c.o's identities? I guess it could be explained away with "he's a railing madman, no-one believes him", but I also feel that it could make for pretty fun continuity-wrangling for some other writer to spin something from.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    So, Hush still does his Bruce Wayne face-swap thing, resides in Arkham when he's caught, but still doesn't give up Batman and c.o's identities? I guess it could be explained away with "he's a railing madman, no-one believes him", but I also feel that it could make for pretty fun continuity-wrangling for some other writer to spin something from.
    I know. riddler knew once but he had a reason why he wouldn't give out that information but hush? he should've spilled the beans already if the prison guards don't believe him some of inmates surely will.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    American Vampire is a great book. If you're digging this team, it's well worth it. Also, I wouldn't wanna tell you what to do, but you're gonna miss a lot of great series if you're not willing to give multi volume runs a shot. It can be intimating, yes, but just go at your own pace and you'll be fine!
    Oh yeah of course. And I do. Recently I just read the planetary omnibus, doom patrol, all of Invisibles, i got sandman slipcase set, all of Gotham central. But yeah, those were all hailed as great. And they were. For something I'm not sure about, it's way easier to jump on a trade or 2 in, rather than buy all that stuff off a hunch. Idk, I'm wierd. I'm also a completist but money is money so I can't buy everything. But yeah, things with mad volumes usually just go on the wishlist for later.

Edit: that's why I love those image 9.99 trades. But then I get hooked and have to throw more stuff on the pull list lol. Comics is so fun tho
    Last edited by SicariiDC; 05-11-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

All Star Batman continue to be outstanding and fun. Always dig Rafael Albuquerque's art.

The back up is weird though. I'm used to it being about Duke so I wasn't sure what this is heading to

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

#10 was great and All Star continues to be truly wonderful experiment by Snyder. I'm pumped for the rest of this and the last Sean Murphy arc. I hope Snyder has not given up on his Paul Pope idea or Lee Bermejo Joker idea.

Snyder turned the "All Star" label into a something I want to read, sorry Frank Miller.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Yeah, at the end of Streets of Gotham he straight-up told the Arkham doctors that Bruce Wayne was Batman but they just didn't believe him.

As far as Alfred calling Bruce his son, he did it to kind of cool effect in Batman 687 ("I have just lost a son" or something like that) so whatever.

So, just a thought... Do you think that Alfred's secret could be the reason he shot down the Batplane in issue one of All-Star ? I mean, it could explains it, no ?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, just a thought... Do you think that Alfred's secret could be the reason he shot down the Batplane in issue one of All-Star ? I mean, it could explains it, no ?
    I thought they explained that already - Alfred took out a hit on the Joker?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord