Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Lol, Emma said she was 27.

Yeah, compared to New Mutants and Gen X, the current generation of students has pretty much been in stasis since 2002/3.
    Not really, was when one the Cuckoos have died, and the rest roasted Emma. When she was left alone, she said something like " But I'm only 27", I don't really recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Not really, was when one the Cuckoos have died, and the rest roasted Emma. When she was left alone, she said something like " But I'm only 27", I don't really recall.
    Yes, I'm familiar with the issue. I was saying Emma easily could have been and probably was lying about her age.

In Champions, he is kind of just there.
    What are you talking about? Champions is where Tyke gets the best treatment. He and Kamala get the most focus out of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I don't. I feel lots of the Cyclops fans who dislike Tyke, never liked Cyclops until he became revolutionary (they thought he was lame before). IMO, teen Cyclops SHOULD be disturbed by his older self' future. When we're young we all think we can save the world but when we're older we realize we can't. That's why I love Tyke and Cyclops, and understand why he went from one extreme to the other.

I do miss adult Cyclops though and hate how Marvel characters are so hypocritical towards him.
    I don't think so. I think people hate him because he is whiny, self hating idiot. At least in Hopeless' ANXM.

That's why I love him in Champions. He is classic Cyclops at his finest.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What are you talking about? Champions is where Tyke gets the best treatment. He and Kamala get the most focus out of all of them.
    And wouldn't it be great if that happened in a book that was any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    And wouldn't it be great if that happened in a book that was any good?
    Well, I like Champions, so it's no problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar with the issue. I was saying Emma easily could have been and probably was lying about her age.
    She was 15 when she first saw the O5 in action on T.V. so she is around the same age or a year younger then the majority of that line up.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think so. I think people hate him because he is whiny, self hating idiot. At least in Hopeless' ANXM.

That's why I love him in Champions. He is classic Cyclops at his finest.
    I disagree. Boy scouts Cyclops SHOULD BE horrified at revolutionary Cyclops. He's whiny because he hasn't experienced the things adult Cyclops did to make him that way.

A lot of compalints against Tyke and Jeen are because they haven't experience the things their older selves did that changed them. When I was 17, I thought the world would change and we'd all be singing kumbaya one day. The older me knows better than that, but I do think if I came face to face with a 16 year old version of me, he'd think I was a jerk, whereas I'd think: Damn I was dumb back then.

BANNED

I disagree. Boy scouts Cyclops SHOULD BE horrified at revolutionary Cyclops. He's whiny because he hasn't experienced the things adult Cyclops did to make him that way.

A lot of compalints against Tyke and Jeen are because they haven't experience the things their older selves did that changed them. When I was 17, I thought the world would change and we'd all be singing kumbaya one day. The older me knows better than that, but I do think if I came face to face with a 16 year old version of me, he'd think I was a jerk, whereas I'd think: Damn I was dumb back then.
    +1. I was a huge fan of Pre-Apocalyspe merge Cyclops. That's why I'm loving teen Scott so much. His idealism is back!

I enjoyed this issue but yeah, that artist switch midway was jarring. The second artist made Jean's hair look like a wig.

I'm happy that Jean has admitted that shes acted a bit like a bitch with her powers previously and seeks to correct that. Good on her.

I think that the shock of Teen Scott seeing what hw would become was perfect executed in Bendis run, in there he was against his older self actions, but he was trying to understand how things come to that point, he wasn't just buying whatever story was being told to him. I Hopeless run, he was in Madri, he saw that the only "Cyclops" did was neutralize the Terrigen cloud, and somehow spend the entire run whinning and self hating.

BANNED

I think that the shock of Teen Scott seeing what hw would become was perfect executed in Bendis run, in there he was against his older self actions, but he was trying to understand how things come to that point, he wasn't just buying whatever story was being told to him. I Hopeless run, he was in Madri, he saw that the only "Cyclops" did was neutralize the Terrigen cloud, and somehow spend the entire run whinning and self hating.
    That's editorial faults. Prior to DoX, Cyclops was accused of mass murder (hence Tyke's reaction) then they backed off from that (Storm and Magik's actions make no sense either as a result). Plus, people were hating on Tyke even before the idiocy that was DoX was revealed.

Mighty Member

so what was the new mutants ability or was that not shown? I am always curious about what powers they give as we havent had a nice creative power in a while.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    so what was the new mutants ability or was that not shown? I am always curious about what powers they give as we havent had a nice creative power in a while.
    It looked like earthquakes I think
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    She was 15 when she first saw the O5 in action on T.V. so she is around the same age or a year younger then the majority of that line up.
    That was a magic precognitive tv. It plays stuff from 20 years in the future.