Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

No Magneto?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>Loved the Bastion reveal. Pink tubes and energy bubbles always remind me of Operation: Zero Tolerance. Looka Bastion's wittle evil goat hoovesies!
    >Great art from Mollina. At least the meh art switch happened at the very end of the book.
    >I was wondering if avoiding obsolescence was why Bastion and his Rainbow Sentinels were trying to 'save' mutants. Nice one, Bunn. What a disturbingly logical yet completely illogical thought process. Perfect.
    >Jean and Scott's touching moment was nice... then I remembered Fauxverine #161 and a return to the love triangle coming. A sweet moment between friends spoiled like month-old milk.
    >The teleporting away at the end was a bit weak, though. The new mutant also felt weak, too. I also wondered why she didn't speak Spanish but lots of people know English across the planet.
    >Power dampeners are nothing new to the Sentinels' arsenal. I hope the cosmic aka non-mutant energy wings and the magic aka non-mutant sorcery will be used as alternatives the next time we encounter these Sentinels.

Favourite panels...
    xb1.jpg
    xb2.jpg
    xb3.jpg

Enjoyable issue. Dreading the next arc with Fauxverine #161.
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-10-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I can deal with the shorter angled hair on Jean, but the bangs/fringe makes that haircut look either too severe or it makes her look like she's 12 years old depending on who draws her. I think the hairstyle would look much better if she just grew out those bangs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I can deal with the shorter angled hair on Jean, but the bangs/fringe makes that haircut look either too severe or it makes her look like she's 12 years old depending on who draws her. I think the hairstyle would look much better if she just grew out those bangs.
    But then it's just Rachel's hair.

Another good issue. The Jean and Scott moment at the end of the comic was the best part, and I'm not one of the Scott an Jean have to be to gather forever fans. Actually the book was good for Jean all around.

I guess I'm in the minority as I didn't mind the artist switch.

The only thing I didn't like was how Bastion just teleported out of the fight. I know his deal is that he wants to save mutants so he can kill them himself, but it felt kind of weak.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-10-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    But then it's just Rachel's hair.
    Who ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Who ?

Jean's best teacher. Probably because she was the only one who didn't hate her, want to fuck her, or both.

Jean's best teacher. Probably because she was the only one who didn't hate her, want to fuck her, or both.
    Sorry, I haven't read those issues yet.

BANNED

But then it's just Ultimate Jean's hair.
    Corrected that for you.

Also... 'All-New All-Different' Sentinels are showing up in Gold soon, too. Guggenheim will have to come pretty good with his strain of 'different'.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Which is why Rachel should never have gotten rid of her hound marks. Legacy Rachel was beautiful with the layered hair and a modern take on her face tats. Now she looks like ultimate Jean Grey.

Anyway, I know the haircut won't change for this run. It should have stayed the way Immonem drew the hair. It's like Jean was 3 years old and got a hold of a pair sissors to cut her own bangs.

The writing in Xmen Blue is brilliant, but years from now what can potentially be an iconic series will be overshadowed by Jean's tragic chili bowl of a haircut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Corrected that for you.
    Ultimate Jean was just a Rachel ripoff anyway.

Ultimate Jean was just a Rachel ripoff anyway.
    I was going to point out something but I guess I wont because it's really too obvious...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I was going to point out something but I guess I wont because it's really too obvious...
    Who?

Like X-Men: Gold issue 3, this was a very short mystery. (If this was the 90's, the past 3 issues would have easily fit into a done in one issue.) Other than that, it was fairly enjoyable.

However, I must admit that I found the new mutant Belen and the Sentinels more compelling characters than our 5 time displaced teenage leads.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"