Incredible Member

Default Black Widow (MCU) vs The Widow (Into The Bad Lands)

Only one rule, Black Widow can't use her guns but hand to hand and everything else goes. Who comes out on top?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Only one rule, Black Widow can't use her guns but hand to hand and everything else goes. Who comes out on top?
    Natasha dies.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Nat is a good fighter but The Widow was insane given that her universe seems to have Wuxia-lite fighters as a norm.

Incredible Member

I won't say this is a stomp but I can't see Black Widow lasting long in melee combat. The video clip posted above shows the Widow's skills and agility, however her season 1 fight against Sonny, demonstrated that she has insane durability. IIRC, Sonny knocked her through a stone wall and she recovered quickly enough to be able to escape.

I think Tilda versus Black Widow might be a closer match. I'd still give the nod to Tilda though.

BTW, do Natasha's bracelets shoot projectiles? If so, then it may make this fight a little closer.

Do Widow gets her swords? That seems like an unfair advantage given that the two are pretty close in stats.

I actually think Natasha would win in true hand-to-hand. But Widow's reaction speed and skill with the sword will make it hard for Nat to get in close enough to use her stingers or wire.

For comparison:

https://youtu.be/NmJMeSECMzQ

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I won't say this is a stomp but I can't see Black Widow lasting long in melee combat. The video clip posted above shows the Widow's skills and agility, however her season 1 fight against Sonny, demonstrated that she has insane durability. IIRC, Sonny knocked her through a stone wall and she recovered quickly enough to be able to escape.

I think Tilda versus Black Widow might be a closer match. I'd still give the nod to Tilda though.

BTW, do Natasha's bracelets shoot projectiles? If so, then it may make this fight a little closer.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Do Widow gets her swords? That seems like an unfair advantage given that the two are pretty close in stats.

I actually think Natasha would win in true hand-to-hand. But Widow's reaction speed and skill with the sword will make it hard for Nat to get in close enough to use her stingers or wire.

For comparison:

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Honestly I don't think this is a close fight. The two might be comparable for speed and skill. Might. They certainly employ different methods of choreography so one can make an argument. But she is strong to send grown men flying with a flick of her wrist. And I don't mean using judo. I mean stabbing a knife into their chest and then sending them flying as she pulls it out. That was the aforementioned durability makes me think Nat gets overpowered.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post

For comparison:

So if we gave Nat her guns things even out??

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    So if we gave Nat her guns things even out??
    No, guns are too much for the Widow to handle. There's no evidence she's a bullet timer and despite her impressive durability, she's no where near bullet proof.

I am willing to increase Natasha's chances of winning if you're spotting her those taser disc things and her projectile fire "widow sting" bracelets.

I'm seriously thinking this is close to a 5/10 fight. Natasha's standard gear gives her multiple taser options that should at least surprise Widow he first time she sees them, give Nat a chance to disarm, and mitigate the durability gap.

EDIT: oh, but now i see Widow carries knives as well.
    Last edited by Morning; 05-13-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Spectacular Member