Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If Iron Fist can now routinely spam out powerful area-of-effect energy attacks, that feels like a mistake to me. Why bother with kung fu anymore, asides from dodging? Soon enough he will be flying. He could change costumes and become the next Captain Marvel, just to mess with Carol and Monica.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

OK, so he the Hellicarrier punch wasn't an AoE, aside from maybe causing some earthquake and crack type things. Discounting his recent series where he was essentially Son Goku not Danny Rand, his biggest AoE BLAST I recall was aboit 15 foot cone out of his hand to take out some HYDRA mooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    OK, so he the Hellicarrier punch wasn't an AoE, aside from maybe causing some earthquake and crack type things. Discounting his recent series where he was essentially Son Goku not Danny Rand, his biggest AoE BLAST I recall was aboit 15 foot cone out of his hand to take out some HYDRA mooks.
    It was causing energy rifts to tear up from it, that's something of an AoE honestly. There was also way back in the, let's call it, "Iron Fist classic" era, a strike that caused some ridiculous level of backlash.

As for the recent series, Kaare Andrews is apparently getting to do more Iron Fist so... oi. (I'm not a fan, Danny is certainly more potent than some want to give him credit for, but yeah, that series went crazypants)

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It was causing energy rifts to tear up from it, that's something of an AoE honestly. There was also way back in the, let's call it, "Iron Fist classic" era, a strike that caused some ridiculous level of backlash.

As for the recent series, Kaare Andrews is apparently getting to do more Iron Fist so... oi. (I'm not a fan, Danny is certainly more potent than some want to give him credit for, but yeah, that series went crazypants)
    Let me put it like this, the AoE effects from the punch were mostly akin to undirected force fired into the ground from the impact. If he could send out energy waves on that scale in a concentrated manner then there would have been much safer ways to take out that army of goons.

That sort of strike could be used to knock people off their feet in every arena, but I don't see that working well on a guy with six legs for balance on.

As for that series... Yeah, Power levels aside, I was pretty unimpressed with both the art and the writing. And with the Netflix series being a disappointment too it is a rough time to be a Danny fan.