Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man #27 (SPOILER WARNING)

How did people like ASM 27 today? Personally, I thought the issue was a whole lot better than the travesty that was #26, and while Peter was being a little too juvenile for my taste, the overall issue was a great testament to just how powerful Peter Parker can be, effectively conquering an entire country in about a day. It did seem like Peter was taking it easy on Norman though, by sticking with mostly conventional weaponry (to be fair, they probably had a lot more firepower since Peter built them) instead of using his hard-light weaponry, energy weapons that can atomize things, and other more powerful tech. However, the art was amazing, and the bombastic visuals just helped this story look like an amazing action movie with great visuals and an very quick pace. Overall, I'd definitely rate it very well.

Plot Summary for those who didn't read (SPOILERS, once again): We see Osborn clearly affected by Peter's insults towards him, telling his plastic surgeon to return him towards his old look. Unfortunately, the surgery is botched since Osborn's face has been ruined by such frequent surgery, and Osborn takes out his anger by exposing the doctor to Goblin serum. It is also revealed that Osborn has turned Symkaria into one of the world's largest weapon manufacturing nations, which presumably has been good for its economy. However, as Sable says, he has done this by reducing the citizens of Symkaria into his slaves, forcing every man, woman, and child into working at his factories.

Meanwhile, Peter and Sable launch two Parker Industries jets to Symkaria, one in stealth and one without. They converse about the state of Symkaria, and Sable reveals how she survived death - after Peter left her and Rhino, she activated her suits stealth, tricking Rhino into thinking her body was washed away by the flood so she could escape. After that, she used her believed death to hunt down all her enemies, preying in their moment of weakness.

SHIELD has taken in Aunt May and Harry for questioning against their will, and they tracs the jet that's visible to them. Once the jets land, Mockingbird reveals that she trusts Peter and was double crossing SHIELD, leading them to an empty jet while her, Sable, Spidey, and the Wild Pack arrive with enough weaponry to "take down the Hulk". With SHIELD unable to interfere, Peter and his small team are able to use the weaponry to destroy a bunch of weapon facilities and stuff, putting Osborn on the back foot. This is when the giant battle begins, with Osborn launching a bunch of those Kingslayer tanks, and releasing his Goblin Army to defend Symkaria. However, this time, Peter's weaponry proves too great, and Spider-Man's forces are winning, despite the fact that Osborn has juiced his troops up on Goblin serum.

The issue ends with the reveal that Osborn is launching a missile to rain serum down across Symkaria in a last-ditch effort to stop Spider-Man, by turning all the citizens into Goblins under his control!
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 05-10-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    How did people like ASM 27 today? Personally, I thought the issue was a whole lot better than the travesty that was #26, and while Peter was being a little too juvenile for my taste, the overall issue was a great testament to just how powerful Peter Parker can be, effectively conquering an entire country in about a day. The art was amazing, and the bombastic visuals just helped this story look like an amazing action movie with great visuals and an very quick pace. Overall, I'd definitely rate it very well.

Plot Summary for those who didn't read (SPOILERS, once again): We see Osborn clearly affected by Peter's insults towards him, telling his plastic surgeon to return him towards his old look. Unfortunately, the surgery is botched since Osborn's face has been ruined by such frequent surgery, and Osborn takes out his anger by exposing the doctor to Goblin serum. It is also revealed that Osborn has turned Symkaria into one of the world's largest weapon manufacturing nations, which presumably has been good for its economy. However, as Sable says, he has done this by reducing the citizens of Symkaria into his slaves, forcing every man, woman, and child into working at his factories.

Meanwhile, Peter and Sable launch two Parker Industries jets to Symkaria, one in stealth and one without. They converse about the state of Symkaria, and Sable reveals how she survived death - after Peter left her and Rhino, she activated her suits stealth, tricking Rhino into thinking her body was washed away by the flood so she could escape. After that, she used her believed death to hunt down all her enemies, preying in their moment of weakness.

SHIELD has taken in Aunt May and Harry for questioning against their will, and they tracs the jet that's visible to them. Once the jets land, Mockingbird reveals that she trusts Peter and was double crossing SHIELD, leading them to an empty jet while her, Sable, Spidey, and the Wild Pack arrive with enough weaponry to "take down the Hulk". With SHIELD unable to interfere, Peter and his small team are able to use the weaponry to destroy a bunch of weapon facilities and stuff, putting Osborn on the back foot. This is when the giant battle begins, with Osborn launching a bunch of those Kingslayer tanks, and releasing his Goblin Army to defend Symkaria. However, this time, Peter's weaponry proves too great, and Spider-Man's forces are winning, despite the fact that Osborn has juiced his troops up on Goblin serum.

The issue ends with the reveal that Osborn is launching a missile to rain serum down across Symkaria in a last-ditch effort to stop Spider-Man, by turning all the citizens into Goblins under his control!
    This was definitely a step in the right direction. Like yourself, I'd rate it well, too.

Norman is now a pseudo Two-face. Although, he says he has perfected the original Goblin serum. Refining it. So i was wondering, if it turns people into grotesque goblins, why it couldn't have the opposite effect and restore Norman? Be a ripe time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This was definitely a step in the right direction. Like yourself, I'd rate it well, too.

Norman is now a pseudo Two-face. Although, he says he has perfected the original Goblin serum. Refining it. So i was wondering, if it turns people into grotesque goblins, why it couldn't have the opposite effect and restore Norman? Be a ripe time to do it.
    Peter cured Norman of the Goblin Serum and effectively immunized him to its effects at the end of Superior Spider-Man. So that's out of the question for Norman, lol. Besides, he seems to prefer being in full control of his mind over going insane.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

I wonder if bringing down Osborn helps PI's damaged reputation.

Mighty Member

Peter cured Norman of the Goblin Serum and effectively immunized him to its effects at the end of Superior Spider-Man. So that's out of the question for Norman, lol. Besides, he seems to prefer being in full control of his mind over going insane.
    Unless Osborn is just resistant to the formula and it would take a much larger dose to affect him again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if bringing down Osborn helps PI's damaged reputation.
    I'd imagine so, after the webware incident and now storming a country, yes under absolutely good circumstances, I feel like we are building up to the destruction of Parker industries. I personally enjoy the company and hope it sticks around in some form even if it's scaled down in size form world wide to just a New York office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I'd imagine so, after the webware incident and now storming a country, yes under absolutely good circumstances, I feel like we are building up to the destruction of Parker industries. I personally enjoy the company and hope it sticks around in some form even if it's scaled down in size form world wide to just a New York office.
    I can sort of imagine when it's all said and done some tv bigwig creating an in-universe dramatization of Parker Industries collapsing in the vein of Netflix's Boss Girl or whatever it's called.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I can sort of imagine when it's all said and done some tv bigwig creating an in-universe dramatization of Parker Industries collapsing in the vein of Netflix's Boss Girl or whatever it's called.
    I hear that PI will be a major threat to Hydra during Secret Empire.

This was a really good issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Agreed. Thumbs up. Killer action scenes and Osborn is definitely going big this time around.

Nice to see Osborn back in the saddle again, plus getting away from the "he could be anyone!" thing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ehh... I liked it but not that much. Some points that I felt were weak were the overly juvenile portrayal of Peter in this book (just two issues ago, he was saying that there's gonna be no quips till he gets Osborn) and also the fact that Peter clearly isn't bringing his A-Game to take down Osborn (why is he bringing tanks and cars and jets, which while I'm sure are much more powerful than normal weaponry due to being designed by Peter, are nowhere near as useful as his hard-light weapons, lasers that can atomize anything and output the energy of an entire power plant, nerve hacking/hijacking technology, the satellite tracking tech he used to capture Venom, or even a regular EMP?) despite the fact that Slott clearly is trying to make it seem like he is. I understand that Peter bringing his A-Game would give Osborn no chance against Peter, but that's a huge problem with the storyline if the only way for the villain to have a chance to win is for the hero to severely gimp himself.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ehh... I liked it but not that much. Some points that I felt were weak were the overly juvenile portrayal of Peter in this book (just two issues ago, he was saying that there's gonna be no quips till he gets Osborn) and also the fact that Peter clearly isn't bringing his A-Game to take down Osborn (why is he bringing tanks and cars and jets, which while I'm sure are much more powerful than normal weaponry due to being designed by Peter, are nowhere near as useful as his hard-light weapons, lasers that can atomize anything and output the energy of an entire power plant, nerve hacking/hijacking technology, the satellite tracking tech he used to capture Venom, or even a regular EMP?) despite the fact that Slott clearly is trying to make it seem like he is. I understand that Peter bringing his A-Game would give Osborn no chance against Peter, but that's a huge problem with the storyline if the only way for the villain to have a chance to win is for the hero to severely gimp himself.
    Hmm, funny that we see more of Peter's technological and scientific resourcefulness outside the "main" title.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

It's not like he showed up in Symkaria armed with a slingshot. He's going in with a huge arsenal. He has to take into account that there's innocent civilians involved so using something like an EMP that might affect critical functions in areas like hospitals and so on wouldn't be a wise choice. Likewise, atomizing a building that he believes Osborn might be in wouldn't be a good move either. Not only does he not intend to kill Norman, he wouldn't want to jeopardize the lives of any innocents that may be close to Osborn.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's not like he showed up in Symkaria armed with a slingshot. He's going in with a huge arsenal. He has to take into account that there's innocent civilians involved so using something like an EMP that might affect critical functions in areas like hospitals and so on wouldn't be a wise choice. Likewise, atomizing a building that he believes Osborn might be in wouldn't be a good move either. Not only does he not intend to kill Norman, he wouldn't want to jeopardize the lives of any innocents that may be close to Osborn.
    That's a good point, actually. Going overkill with everything we know Peter has at his disposal would be awesome from a visual action standpoint, but the collateral damage would be intolerable and unforgivable in Peter's eyes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.