Page 64 of 120 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Since Amazons THRIVE on competition

Attachment 50560

Stars indicate categories where Wonder Woman has racked up a box office win. All dollar amounts are for US box office and have been inflation adjusted to 2017 dollars

Iron Man is there because it was such a damn good movie, and the first of its kind for that particular hero on the big screen.

Yay
    Doing happy dance over here! Whoop woop!

Thats wonderful news Brett!

It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member

http://batman-news.com/2017/06/13/ma...es-to-do-well/

So Kevin Feige has also now praised the movie as well.

Good movie no lie i friends made it seem Dark Knight level, but when i watched it it was more Tim Burton Batman level than dark Knight, but i still enjoyed it. Man so many people dig the Zeus oigin and i so like that keep it leave the clay behind. I never thought i would like Steve trevor so much, but dang he was hilarious and funny.

the only thing i disliked that is Ares dead (well assuming he stay dead) and the fact he was able to kill all the other Gods but zeus i mean wow.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Maybe they are deliberately NOT showing her flying the trailers just so fans heads will explode when she does

Remember, the trailers for BVS left out a lot of her powers as well that were then used in the movie.
    Crumbs, just crumbs for Wonder Woman fans!

How come no one seems to answer my question, What if she doesn't fly in Justice League?

Also, I didn't know they were using the judicious use of powers ala Azzarello.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Good movie no lie i friends made it seem Dark Knight level, but when i watched it it was more Tim Burton Batman level than dark Knight, but i still enjoyed it. Man so many people dig the Zeus oigin and i so like that keep it leave the clay behind. I never thought i would like Steve trevor so much, but dang he was hilarious and funny.

the only thing i disliked that is Ares dead (well assuming he stay dead) and the fact he was able to kill all the other Gods but zeus i mean wow.
    It's ambiguous which origin they used. And it's not like many dislike the clay origin either

Ultimate Member

Why is it so unbelievable that the God of War was able to kill the others (especially since we're told that he did it "one by one" as well)?

Mighty Member

I haven't heard anyone comment one way or another on the origin. I dont think most people care.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Why is it so unbelievable that the God of War was able to kill the others (especially since we're told that he did it "one by one" as well)?
    Exactly. The only reason why Diana could spar with him is due to extensive amazon training and god like strength and stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Exactly. The only reason why Diana could spar with him is due to extensive amazon training and god like strength and stealth.
    Yaaasss. I don't think people pay enough attention to the fact that the END OF WAR had to be an Amazon. Not only are they superior warriors, but their ethic of peace is what disables the war god. "We fight with our principles!" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

How come no one seems to answer my question, What if she doesn't fly in Justice League?
    Then she doesn't fly, and we will move on from that. She hasn't out right flown for most of her history, than she has for it.

However, she has hang time, and can float, etc. Which is in keeping with her abilities for most of her History. We also have interviews with Patty Jenkins answering that she plans on increasing Diana's powers in the next movie.

You will be able to move on from that won't you? Lets enjoy the win we have with one of our favorite characters.
    Last edited by richalex; 06-14-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Crumbs, just crumbs for Wonder Woman fans!
    It's only "crumbs" to you. The mere fact that this forum isn't awash in flames on a constant basis kind of proves that most of us were more than happy with what we've gotten so far.

What IF she doesn't fly? Again, most of us don't seem to have a particular problem with her not flying.

Do we WANT her to fly eventually? Sure, I'm sure most of us would like that. Is it absolutely indispensable to our ability to enjoy these movies? Nope. I'm afraid that's your thing.

If she doesn't fly, she doesn't fly. If she still manages to be awesome, compassionate, and heroic and her importance to the League is still on full display? Then I don't particularly care whether she flies or not.

It's been a long time since I last trotted out this gem, but here it is again: Wonder Woman isn't a power set. Wonder Woman isn't a body type. Wonder Woman isn't a costume. Wonder Woman is an idea. She's a concept. And the power to fly is a small facet of that concept, not the entire concept as a whole. Diana could have no powers at all, and if she was still portrayed as a heroic woman who selflessly stands up for the weak and the helpless and demonstrates compassion toward her friends and foes alike, she would still be Wonder Woman.

Do I want to see her fly? Sure. Are there VASTLY more important things I'd like to see her doing? You betcha.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I studied classic greek myth the amount of times ares got his ass kicked by Gods, Giants and demi Gods just makes him really poor. Movie wise yea he is stronger but to kill all of them by himself yea no don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    I studied classic greek myth the amount of times ares got his ass kicked by Gods, Giants and demi Gods just makes him really poor. Movie wise yea he is stronger but to kill all of them by himself yea no don't see it.
    This isn't the myths

Retired

I never saw why, of all the gods, Ares emerged as the main male antagonist against Diana. Sure Ares is a god of war, but then so is Athena. Why not Hades, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Chronus, Dionysus, Apollo, Hyperion or Prometheus?