Page 62 of 120 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Just got back from seeing this great movie! To me, this is the best Superhero movie (yet) and perhaps the best movie of the last 30 years.

I thought I was gonna be the only person there, because 2 days ago when I booked my seat, yes, I was the first and only customer. And we are experiencing a major heatwave. But not so today. Maybe 60-70 people. Which is good for box-office sales. Bad news:. 2 seats behind, woman came in with a newly born infant, cooing like a pigeon all through the movie. Two rows in front, a father in his 50's (or so he looked) brought his 3 and 4 year old daughters to see the movie, then spent 2.5 hrs yelling at them for needing to use the restroom and other things. Lastly, 3 seats over from me, two young guys early 20's came in. The one furthest away sat there with his mouth open the entire movie, but his friend, the one closest to me, was on his cell phone every 5 minutes texting with the bright light, you know, the cell phone that is glued to his palm.

Despite all that, WOW for Wonder Woman!! Loved it from the very beginning! The Amazons, island scenes an Amazon armors were terrific. I love the magic lasso glow when in use---perfect!

In a number of scenes, while not for very long, it did appear to me that WW was flying. Otherwise, she would have fell to Earth much sooner. But I do think they did not want to make it too obvious in case they have plans to add the Invisible Jet in one of the later movies.

Ares under the Lasso's influence was interesting as Diana was able to not believe his truth as there truth. Because it was coming from Ares, I didn't believe him either. While Zeus is many things, he was correct in opposing Ares.

Two interesting points: in the closing credits, one of the Amazons is named Trigona! A plant of Ares who is working with Trigon? Hhmmmnnn? Also, one of the the many workers listed in the names is named Maria Hippolyte. OK, this must be Hippolyta's Man's World name! How fitting.

So many thoughts going through my mind, but I wanted to get these points out now.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

In a number of scenes, while not for very long, it did appear to me that WW was flying. Otherwise, she would have fell to Earth much sooner. But I do think they did not want to make it too obvious in case they have plans to add the Invisible Jet in one of the later movies.

So....the theory is they don't want to make her obviously fly, because if they add a invisible plane later we will all be happy because now she can fly because of plane?

Doesn't make too much sense to me. Why the vagueness, why the crumbs, why the apparent disrespect towards the fans? Why is their still a debate after her solo movie?

By the way, how many of these scenes are you talking about in which she appears to be flying, albeit not very long? I only know of the one scene where she was clearly hovering after channeling the god energy from Ares, and that is about it. Everything else can be called a jump, even at the end.

By the way, I really did like the movie, just not nerfing in any way my favorite hero. Therefore my passion for her to fly under her own power.

I meant if WW can fly, why add a plane for flight? That is how many would movie goers would perceive it. It is just a theory, yeesh.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I meant if WW can fly, why add a plane for flight? That is how many would movie goers would perceive it. It is just a theory, yeesh.
    Sorry, I tend to get worked up on the flying issue. It is really the only issue in a great movie that I have.

Retired

Diana should be able to fly under her own power, but most of her friends probably can't. And Wonder Woman is the kind of person who would want her friends to fly with her. Thus the invisible robot plane.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Sorry, I tend to get worked up on the flying issue. It is really the only issue in a great movie that I have.
    That is okay, my friend, I understand. We are in the same page.

Ultimate Member

Having just seen the film again a few hours ago, it sure looked like she was flying when she killed Ares (or at least hovering). In fact, it was in a similar way to how he was earlier on.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly don't think there's any sort of disrespect meant towards the fans in re to whether or not she can fly. I'm a fan and I would actually prefer it if she didn't. That said, they're probably just undecided whether or not they want to make her fly or make a few bucks off of toy merchandising with an Invisible Plane (I love the Invisible Plane, btw).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Well Generally , when she can fly on her own but still has the invisible plane she uses the plane for Space travel since she still needs to breathe plus I think the plane is faster in space .

Seeing the movie the second time, I believe that Ares tells Diana that Zeus left his child with the amazons for safe keeping....but then who is her mother? If it is Hippolyta then wouldn't Diana be a demi god? In the movie Ares refers to her as a god so wouldn't then both her parents be gods? I'm confused.

Incredible Member

Re: Need for invisible jet

Even if Diana can fly, she still needs an invisible jet. How will Wonder Woman take Batman and Aquaman on missions with her without a form of transport? Is she expected to carry them around on her back / in her arms? What if Diana is adventuring with a friend, like archaeologist Barbara Minerva, potential love interest Tom Tresser or an Amazon visitor from Themyscira?

And why should Diana need to waste energy flying around the world if she has a jet which she can use, thus conserving her energy for battle and possibly even getting to her destination faster (depending upon her maximum flight speeds and those of the jet).

Also, what if Diana needs to covertly land in another country and needs the jet's stealth technology to land without detection and interference. What if Diana wants to secretly visit Themyscira without anyone tracking her flight movements? Or what if Diana is on a rescue mission and needs a quick and easy way to rescue someone and then transport them home?

Diana may also need the jet when visiting Aquaman in Atlantis (underwater) or when visiting Green Lantern on Oa (in space).

I think there are plenty of easy explanations for why Wonder Woman would have the invisible jet, even if she's capable of self-propelled flight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So....the theory is they don't want to make her obviously fly, because if they add a invisible plane later we will all be happy because now she can fly because of plane?

Doesn't make too much sense to me. Why the vagueness, why the crumbs, why the apparent disrespect towards the fans? Why is their still a debate after her solo movie?

By the way, how many of these scenes are you talking about in which she appears to be flying, albeit not very long? I only know of the one scene where she was clearly hovering after channeling the god energy from Ares, and that is about it. Everything else can be called a jump, even at the end.

By the way, I really did like the movie, just not nerfing in any way my favorite hero. Therefore my passion for her to fly under her own power.
    Agree with everything, however, I think she channeled her own energy, and thats why she hovered, because she is a god herself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    Seeing the movie the second time, I believe that Ares tells Diana that Zeus left his child with the amazons for safe keeping....but then who is her mother? If it is Hippolyta then wouldn't Diana be a demi god? In the movie Ares refers to her as a god so wouldn't then both her parents be gods? I'm confused.
    I'm not sure, but I just figured Ares wasn't being that precise; maybe a demi-god is enough of a god to kill a fellow god, and, with apparently only two people of substantial Olympian descent left, the distinction between these two "levels" of deity didn't seem to matter as much as it might have in the past.

And/or, it might be that the dying Zeus bequeathed to his last daughter his own power and status as a "full" god.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985
    Agree with everything, however, I think she channeled her own energy, and thats why she hovered, because she is a god herself.
    Yeah--after all, she has just come into her power in this movie, so it makes sense that we see it developing, and it makes sense that only when we see her back in the present day that we get a hint of her new power of flight..
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-13-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Hey guys! I watched the movie when I came out but I hadn't visited the forums, so I'll give my opinion

I LOVED IT! 9/10! Haven't enjoyed a superhero movie this much since Avengers and I think I enjoyed this even more.

I loved Themyschira, and the Amazons, Steve was a great character and Diana was never sidelined to be his love interest (you'd be surprised how often that happens), I like how it touched topics of war, mental illness and all those topics that tend to be portrayel poorly in media, I cried when you know who died, and I really loved the ending when she says she believes in love, I think it really touched on Diana's ideologies nicely.

Also, Pine and Gadot had great chemistry, I didn't know much about Gadot pre BvS, but I think her acting was solid, my favorite scenes was when she was excited about babies and the ice cream ones. The No Man's Land scene had me grinning all the time. I didn't like the origin but that's because I dislike the kid of Zeus thing and I think I always will, but I enjoyed the movie so much it barely bothered me, I look forward seeing her interactions with the JL in november.

I also hope that in the sequel she interacts more with female characters, though (and this is a critic I've seen in many female bloggers that I follow) I know it was WWI and ladies didn't have a prominent role, but WW is all about female empowerment and she should have relevant female relationships, but that's for the sequel.

I love how she saved the DCEU all by herself though

Retired

I feel like they had to be vague in this story, because DCE didn't know what version of Wonder Woman they were going to develop in JUSTICE LEAGUE and in the comic books. So they doctored the script (maybe this is what Geoff Johns added) so it's not definite about her origins, her status as a god, her powers or what she's been doing with herself for the past century.