Page 115 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1789
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Does that mean that the Diana fans bullied their way to victory?
    Unlikely. The Wonder Woman fans seemed perfectly content to just cheer on the movie that they loved. A certain faction of the Logan fanbase, however, made it their jobs to put down and demean Wonder Woman at every possible opportunity. Grace Randolph herself described their actions on her social media page as "bullying."

So one fanbase has no history of bullying and one fanbase does? Pretty sure just more people voted for Wonder Woman in defiance of the actions of a few people who just couldn't stand the thought of Logan being less popular than Wonder Woman.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Unlikely. The Wonder Woman fans seemed perfectly content to just cheer on the movie that they loved. A certain faction of the Logan fanbase, however, made it their jobs to put down and demean Wonder Woman at every possible opportunity. Grace Randolph herself described their actions on her social media page as "bullying."

So one fanbase has no history of bullying and one fanbase does? Pretty sure just more people voted for Wonder Woman in defiance of the actions of a few people who just couldn't stand the thought of Logan being less popular than Wonder Woman.
    But if you voted for Logan, does that mean you are wrong?

And, why do we make such a big deal about some poll that most people don't know about. If it hadn't been for posters here saying something about the poll, I would never have heard about it.

Since Wonder Woman won, does that now validate people's opinions of her? If she had lost, does this mean that her success with her movie is now discredited?

Whether she won or lost, it doesn't make my opinion of her change. She still got jobbed in the JL movie. She still gets no respect by others, in this case the DCEU which refuses to let her fly. They would rather depower her than let her even look like a female Superman.

Nope, because of the poll, my opinion of her hasn't changed. My favorite heroine always getting shafted--checkmark.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    But if you voted for Logan, does that mean you are wrong?
    Nope. And I never said anything that could even be confused with that.

And, why do we make such a big deal about some poll that most people don't know about. If it hadn't been for posters here saying something about the poll, I would never have heard about it.
    I care because I'm one of Grace Randolph's 689K subscribers and I'm a fan of Wonder Woman. Seeing her do well in ANY opinion poll is good news.

Since Wonder Woman won, does that now validate people's opinions of her? If she had lost, does this mean that her success with her movie is now discredited?
    Nobody has said anything that could even be confused with anything you've said here.

There was a popularity poll. Diana won. Yay, Diana! That's literally all that has been said here. Oh, and there's a certain satisfaction in knowing that a certain segment of Grace's fanbase didn't get their way by bullying people (including Grace herself.) That's it.

Whether she won or lost, it doesn't make my opinion of her change. She still got jobbed in the JL movie.
    No one has said anything about changing your opinion.

And this poll is about her movie, not Justice League, so that part is irrelevant.

She still gets no respect by others, in this case the DCEU which refuses to let her fly.
    She got plenty of respect and continues to get respect. There are other ways to show respect to her than by allowing her to fly.

They would rather depower her than let her even look like a female Superman.
    Or they'd rather do different things with her and try to make her look unique and different compared to the rest of the League.

Nope, because of the poll, my opinion of her hasn't changed. My favorite heroine always getting shafted--checkmark.
    Once again? NO ONE WAS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS POLL CHANGING ANYONE'S OPINION.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Or they'd rather do different things with her and try to make her look unique and different compared to the rest of the League.
    Well, less is different, I guess.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I love re-watching the "No Man's Land" scene. I feel like the coolest dork ever pretending to hold up my invisible shield from gunfire at the same moment Diana does.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Yes, some much needed awards circuit recognition at the Producer's Guild Awards:

The Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures:

The Big Sick
    Producers: Judd Apatow, Barry Mendel

Call Me By Your Name
    Producers: Peter Spears, Luca Guadagnino, Emilie Georges, Marco Morabito

Dunkirk
    Producers: Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan

Get Out
    Producers: Sean McKittrick & Edward H. Hamm, Jr., Jason Blum, Jordan Peele

I, Tonya
    Producers: Bryan Unkeless, Steven Rogers, Margot Robbie, Tom Ackerley

Lady Bird
    Producers: Scott Rudin, Eli Bush, Evelyn O’Neill

Molly’s Game
    Producers: Mark Gordon, Amy Pascal, Matt Jackson

The Post
    Producers: Amy Pascal, Steven Spielberg, Kristie Macosko Krieger

The Shape Of Water
    Producers: Guillermo del Toro, J. Miles Dale

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
    Producers: Graham Broadbent & Pete Czernin, Martin McDonagh

Wonder Woman
    Producers: Charles Roven & Richard Suckle, Zack Snyder & Deborah Snyder
    For Your Consideration posters featuring some of the accolades Wondy has received so far:

Isn't that essentially doing a polite version of Kanye's VMA act?

Lobby for your pick BEFORE the winners are announced, not after.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Isn't that essentially doing a polite version of Kanye's VMA act?

Lobby for your pick BEFORE the winners are announced, not after.
    The Golden Globes are the start of the movie awards season though. So if people are dissatisfied with their choices, it is better to make that known now for the other awards shows arriving later.

So, Zachary Levi wants Diana to cameo in Shazam!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/41...ameo-in-shazam

Definitely like where his head's at!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

I only watched the opening monologue for the Golden Globes and not the rest of the show, but I did see Gal Gadot was sitting at one of the tables. Why was she there if she wasn't nominated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I only watched the opening monologue for the Golden Globes and not the rest of the show, but I did see Gal Gadot was sitting at one of the tables. Why was she there if she wasn't nominated?
    1. Lots of non-nominees attend the Golden Globes.

2. She was the first presenter of the evening

Retired

I just think it would be uncomfortable for her to sit in the audience and see all these other women nominated (for drama and for musical/comedy) and know that should've been her. That must be why they serve so much alcohol at these events.

Not even a supporting nom for any of the other actors? I thought the foreign press loved this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I just think it would be uncomfortable for her to sit in the audience and see all these other women nominated (for drama and for musical/comedy) and know that should've been her. That must be why they serve so much alcohol at these events.

Not even a supporting nom for any of the other actors? I thought the foreign press loved this movie.
    Most of the presenters (not counting the ones who presented the Best Picture that they were in) are not nominated. Examples - Emma Stone, Helen Mirren, Chris Hemsworth, Angelina Jolie, Kit Harrington, Dwayne Johnson, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    1. Lots of non-nominees attend the Golden Globes.

2. She was the first presenter of the evening
    3. Gal Gadot is awesome and currently a public and media darling thanks to her critically acclaimed role as Wonder Woman - who wouldn't want her to attend their event?