Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1789

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I would have still preferred a bullets and bracelets scene with all the ammo coming at her. I guess she was lucky that none of the Germans thought to shoot lower at her legs instead of all of them just firing at a shield, a shield that apparently deflected all gun fire with ease. I would have liked to see a bullet hit her leg and see how invulnerable they were going to make her, but of course the counter argument would be that she hadn't gained all of her powers yet if she got seriously injured.

And as far as her fight with Ares, this was a disappointing part of the movie, although to be fair, I still rate it an 8/10. To me it just became a CGI slugfest with Wonder Woman just getting the powers she needed in order to win. Will she use these godly powers that defeated Ares against Steppenwolf? Or were they powers that she pulled out of her arse because the plot demanded it? I will be disappointed if she doesn't use what we saw in the fight against Ares against big baddies like Steppenwolf since it would seem to indicate that it was a one time deal never to be used again.

And don't get me started about her not flying
    I think you need to watch the movie again, for several reasons, but specific to this post: they did shoot at her legs, and the bullets bounce off her boots.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/j...-between-films

Justice League: Gal Gadot Confirms Wonder Woman Was an Active Hero for Century Between Films
    During the Justice League press conference, Gal Gadot confirms to us Wonder Woman was an active superhero for the whole 20th century.

If one has been paying attention to Justice League hype for the past few months, then it’s become clear from the trailers to the posters that Gal Gadot’s Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman, is taking center stage in the excitement. And this is for good reason, as Gadot’s warm interpretation of the Amazonian princess in Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman was a fiercely cathartic visage of bravery in a troubling year, and a warmer icon of feminine heroism than her chilly introduction in last year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
    Whereas the earlier film suggested Wonder Woman had abandoned humanity to our own demons after the end of the First World War—with Diana even saying the words “A hundred years ago, I walked away from mankind, from a century of horrors”—Justice League showcases a Diana who tells Bruce Wayne that even if she isn’t a public figure, she was still there “if I was needed.” And during a Justice League press conference in London, Gadot reconciled the differences to Den of Geek, confirming to us that, despite her depiction in Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman is now intended to have always been active during the whole 20th century before meeting Batman… albeit she is mum on how this will affect the forthcoming Wonder Woman 2.

“Well unfortunately there’s not much we can share with you about Wonder Woman 2,” Gadot says when asked about these differences in presentation and how it will influence the Wonder Woman sequel. “But what is clear is that whether or not Wonder Woman was out there or incognito, she was always involved and she was always very active in Man’s World, and she was always acting to save and to help, and to better the world.”

Retired

I wonder if Patty Jenkins is setting the next movie in the 1980s, because she wants to allow the Lynda Carter stories to own their time (the 1940s and the 1970s). Not officially, but maybe in Jenkins' mind those stories have already been done and she doesn't want to go over old ground. And it's an easy sell to WB, because '80s nostalgia is trending.

Given that the "DC Extended Universe" was never an official thing, I propose we call it the DC Line of Movies. Back in the '70s, DC referred to their comics as the Line of Super-Stars.

That was a turn on the promotional copy from the 1950s, which read as the Line of Stars.

So the Line is part of DC tradition. And it gets away from calling all the movies a Universe. Some of the movies might not all fit in the same continuity. So it's the Line of Movies--and not the Universe per se. For short we can call it the DCLM or just the Line.

I like the idea, Jim Kelly.

Plus, ...I remember "The Line of DC Superstars"! Wow, what a blast from the past!

Incredible Member
    Last edited by Styles; 11-07-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Gal Gadot will only be ‘Wonder Woman’ again if Brett Ratner is out: https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-g...ratner-is-out/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Gal Gadot will only be ‘Wonder Woman’ again if Brett Ratner is out: https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-g...ratner-is-out/
    #I'm with Gal!

Retired

WB had already cancelled the financing deal with Ratner's company, before this story came out. It's too late to cancel deals with movies that have already been financed like JUSTICE LEAGUE.* But WB and Gal had settled this matter to everyone's satisfaction so there was no reason to announce it in the press.

Maybe someone just wanted to talk up Gal Gadot and made up this story to do it. But Gal herself explained the reality of the situation to Savannah Guthrie on TODAY, as explained in THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER :

Gadot commented on the removal of Ratner from the Wonder Woman follow-up. "At the end of the day, a lot has been written about my views and the way that I feel, and everyone knows the way that I feel because I'm not hiding anything," she said. "But the truth is, there's so many people involved in making this movie, and they all echo the same sentiments."

"Everyone knew what was the right thing to do, but there was nothing for me to actually come and say, because it was already done before this article came out," she added.
    *I'm going to the preview showing of JUSTICE LEAGUE later today. It will be a relief, because trying to avoid all the spoilers has been a real headache. And after today, it will be like coming out of a mental prison and I can breathe freely again.

Amazing Member

Last edited by Tee29; 11-23-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Retired

Repelling the bullets must be partly psychic. Her reflexes predict the future. But I don't think all our responses need to go through the brain. Some reactions come from the CNS and not the brain, to save time--because sometimes you have to react to things quickly without processing them. Also, the way we perceive reality in our brain is partly predictive. Our brains predict what is going to happen next and make us see the "future" before it happens sometimes. This is how some optical illusions work, because the brain anticipates seeing things that aren't there yet.

I wonder where Diana got the new sword she uses in BATMAN V SUPERMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE. It seems to have just as much destructive power as the "God Killer" sword--maybe more. I wonder if there's a story behind it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Repelling the bullets must be partly psychic. Her reflexes predict the future. But I don't think all our responses need to go through the brain. Some reactions come from the CNS and not the brain, to save time--because sometimes you have to react to things quickly without processing them. Also, the way we perceive reality in our brain is partly predictive. Our brains predict what is going to happen next and make us see the "future" before it happens sometimes. This is how some optical illusions work, because the brain anticipates seeing things that aren't there yet.

I wonder where Diana got the new sword she uses in BATMAN V SUPERMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE. It seems to have just as much destructive power as the "God Killer" sword--maybe more. I wonder if there's a story behind it.
    The sword wasn't nearly as effective against SW as it was against Doomsday!

Amazing Member

I find it more interesting that she not only can block the bullet but gets the trajectory just right as to avoid ricochet hurting her or others. That is a HUGE about of skills and processing.

I also think Diana should be FTL especially given the shattered god feat. Her speed is magical so she does not really need explaination and it should not rely on the laws of physics like inertial, similarly when Flash fought Hermes and lost.

I just know it’s called the Sword of Athena. I suppose we’ll find out in WW2.

Reminder - this is a thread for the first WW movie.

JL, BvS and any talk of WW2 goes elsewhere, please!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member

Regarding the bullets and bracelets [which does happen in the WW movie ]

Forget science.

As interesting and informative and the Science nerds vid was [for me especially] the truth is it makes no more sense than Thor flying by swinging his hammer and throwing it, or indeed any of the things Superman can do. Superman gaining the power to lift continents from the light of the sun makes no more sense than somebody turning into a werewolf by the light of the moon. And it is physically impossible for Wonder Woman to block bullets the way she does. The video simply proves that.

When I watch Wonder Woman do stuff like that, I dial my Science meter down to low.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor