Page 30 of 120 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I mean Clark and Lois had sex (and were not being married at the time either) in Superman II and that was in 1980. So even back then, they had less of an issue with it than they seem to with WW and SG even today.
    Very good point!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I did not see Patty mention that Diana could fly in the interview. Only a vague statement about manipulating powers. If she can't fly ala Superman, changing directions, going up or down in a moments notice, then she cannot, under my definition, fly.

Also, you didn't answer my question. If she doesn't show the power of flight (as I define it) in the Justice League movies, or even a straight directional controlled jump as you put it, then what will you say about that?
    I did answer your question. As far as I'm concerned she flies. Your definition and what you are looking to see is different, so I'd have nothing to say about it after JL. I'm not looking for it.

Maybe she'll start flying differently, who knows? Quite possible though, since Ares says "you have so much to learn" and then flies Superman style.

I'm happy with how she flies now. It's like a feat of pure strength, not just "something she can do."
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-03-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I did answer your question. As far as I'm concerned she flies. Your definition and what you are looking to see is different, so I'd have nothing to say about it after JL. I'm not looking for it.

Maybe she'll start flying differently, who knows? Quite possible though, since Ares says "you have so much to learn" and then flies Superman style.

I'm happy with how she flies now. It's like a feat of pure strength, not just "something she can do."
    So.... the Hulk is a flyer now under your terms. He seems to jump and land where he wants to, so it would be flight under your definition.

Sorry, but in the comics we don't debate flyers by pure strength or anti-gravity or mechanical. If they fly, they just fly and don't jump in controlled bursts to sort of simulate flight. The way you are portraying that Wonder Woman flys with the way the comics/animated shows have depicted her are worlds apart.

After one of Wondy's jumps that is supposed to take her to Florida, but in mid flight, via communicator, she is told the trouble is in Texas, I hope they show her being late to the battle since she had to land in Florida first

BANNED

I really only shared that because I thought it was interesting...I'm not gonna try to convince anyone, because I think we're all correct to an extent. A lot of it is muddy enough to be open to interpretation, and perspective. It's just interesting what people unburdened (or blessed) with all of this debate think! Ask your friends...I'm curious what they will think!
    Even if we are all not correct to an extent, everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and I am happy that people think that she flies. Flying is a part of her power set. My point was that as comic geeks, we tend to nitpick where others won't.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 06-03-2017 at 08:36 AM.

BANNED

After one of Wondy's jumps that is supposed to take her to Florida, but in mid flight, via communicator, she is told the trouble is in Texas, I hope they show her being late to the battle since she had to land in Florida first
    Hahaha, thats too funny. Yeah, I am with you, I don't think she flew but if folks out there think that she flew, it doesn't hurt us either. If Superman was doing what shes doing now, people wouldn't be happy.

Retired

When I went to the movie, before the actual movie there was a trailer for the lastest THOR movie and because I already had my 3D glasses on, I cringed a bit. Because the 3D CGI for that trailer was so fake and I was about to sit through a whole movie in 3D. But after the first few scenes of WONDER WOMAN, I settled into it and it was never as jarring as that trailer.

For sure, with her movie origin, Wonder Woman should be able to do all the flying stuff we see in comic books. But I don't want any DC hero to fly like that on screen, because it will mean a 100% CGI performance. I want movies where actors and stunt people perform the flying--and that means they won't be able to do all the comic book stuff. But what we lose in spectacle we gain in the physicality of the performance.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern--they should all fly in the same way, using their bodies with great effort to pitch themselves through the air and land like a gymnast. Leave the animation for the cartoons. I want to see real people up there.

So.... the Hulk is a flyer now under your terms. He seems to jump and land where he wants to, so it would be flight under your definition.
    No. It's considerably different. He doesn't level out and control direction. She does.

Mighty Member

I don't often post in the WW forum, mostly because I'm too busy ranting in other places, but the movie was just so good. I loved it and the portrayal of Diana. Even cried a little bit

Fantastic Member

Is Wonder Woman the first successful female superhero movie?

Check out my review for the Wonder Woman movie! Let me know your thoughts!

=Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

dianafan1985;2855695]Hahaha, thats too funny. Yeah, I am with you, I don't think she flew but if folks out there think that she flew, it doesn't hurt us either. If Superman was doing what shes doing now, people wouldn't be happy.
    Giving this my best Anderson Cooper eyeroll haha! Ok, I'm moving on from this contentious point now.

Would this also not meet the criteria for Zeus is your father/Ares is your brother?

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDiana View Post

Would this also not meet the criteria for Zeus is your father/Ares is your brother?
    Yes. Yes it does. I'm going to watch this scene in the movie tonight with a little more scrutiny than the last several times.

BANNED

Giving this my best Anderson Cooper eyeroll haha! Ok, I'm moving on from this contentious point now.
    No offense was intended, just differences of opinion. Just to be clear, I was laughing at Bitethebullet's scenario: jumping from state to state, mid air or whatever, it made me laugh out loud.

Come on read it again, and picture Diana doing something like that:

But like I said before, it does not hurt if people believe that she flew. If you (and your family) think that she flew, thats awesome, maybe others feel the same way, and will consider that as a part of her power set (regardless of the agenda of the creative team).
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 06-03-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Mighty Member

Awsome movie. Bring back Etta Candy for the sequel some how WB.